recied -November 30, 2009
IELTS Request
given with 1st application
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
1st April 2011
An excellent topic I also intend to land in June/July-so it will help me a lot particularly regarding Housing as I have none there.
thanks

FARPADANA

Star Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visa Office......
london
App. Filed.......
april 2009
Med's Request
10/05/2010-24/08/2010
Med's Done....
15/09/2010
Passport Req..
23/12/2010
VISA ISSUED...
12/12/2010
LANDED..........
20/08/2011
I am planing to land in the coming spring with my wife and our 9 month son, we are both nurses and already sent our papers for assessment to get a working lisence in Ontario.
I am writing to share my concern about the job sphere in canada 4 nurses. since I have good job in kuwait in the Kuwit Oil company and my wife in ministery of health still I couldnt decide wheter to get a oneway ticket or go and get the pr and return.my salary here is slightly less than canada and taxfree but I love being settle and stable in canada forever too. what do you think guys shall I make a risk for a good or hesitate to go.

kchakus

Star Member
May 28, 2010
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Not Yet
The best would be to take a 2-week vacation to your destination city, evaluate the cost of living, job opportunities, culture, safe locality and other important points of your interest during the early April 2011.
Return back to your native and then re-collect and re-evaluate your experiences and see if it is worth staying there for life long. Ofcourse, this would mean taking care of PR obligations and PR card address and other such mandatory precautions.

ALL THE BEST!!!

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey everyone,

Its been long since I have shared any of my recent experiences so though of bringing this topic again.

This is regarding resume and job search.

Resume:

Always pay a lot of attention to your resume before applying to a job. Here My manager shared with me that they do not look for hard core technical skills always (off-course depends upon the job but this is majority of jobs) but instead high light soft skills that you have.

It is possible that you are not aware that what type of soft skills are required and what type of skills you have. Well to answer that, there are "n" number of resume's online and the best hint is the job description which states the key words they are looking at. Put them in your resume to get automatically picked up by their screening software.

Use Linkedin or other tools and do a lot of information interviews here. It really helps a lot to develop contacts and get your foot in the right place.

We were talking about this today, so thought of sharing this with you all.

I wish you luck in Canada. Work hard and stay focused, you will definitely get what you want.

Rocky

odin2404

Jan 27, 2011
Burlington
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-09-2010
Doc's Request.
sent with application
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
27-01-2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
23rd Feb 2011
Med's Request
03rd March 2011
Med's Done....
30th March 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03rd March 2011 PPR/RPRF sent: 13th April 2011 RPRF encashed: 29th April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
05th May 2011
LANDED..........
19th July 2011
Can someone please shed some light on this thread???

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/budget-of-250000-t63523.0.html

Thanks

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
odin2404 said:
Can someone please shed some light on this thread???

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/budget-of-250000-t63523.0.html

Thanks
http://www.househuntingintoronto.com/#homesearch

Use this website and look for it

humsafar

Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with initial application
IELTS Request
Sent with initial application
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS 19-10-2011
Med's Request
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
25-08-2012 received in London 31-08-2012
rocky272727 said:
http://www.househuntingintoronto.com/#homesearch

Use this website and look for it
I think this thread should be continued and kept alive by newly landed immigrants

pritishah1180

Star Member
Mar 26, 2013
INDIA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Submitted
IELTS Request
SEND WITH APPLICATION
Med's Done....
send all documents on 18/03/2013
Hello Everyone,

One of my friend got DECISION MADE on Thursday and from Friday in her status two address is showing. My friend has apply through Canadian lawyer one side is of Toronto and other side is of Canadian lawyer, My question is that VISA is CONFORM? If yes then to whom CHC will send PP? When they send PP we can come to know by mail or by some other? In covering letter address was of INDIA who is Applicant.

sm001

Dec 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any data entry or entry-level jobs in Toronto/North York?

pritishah1180

Star Member
Mar 26, 2013
INDIA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Submitted
IELTS Request
SEND WITH APPLICATION
Med's Done....
Hello

--- Can anyone suggest which city is good according to Jobs, house rent and weather in canada.

--- Some suggest to land in Calgary, if I land in calgary then in which region can I find Indians?

pritishah1180

Star Member
Mar 26, 2013
INDIA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Submitted
IELTS Request
SEND WITH APPLICATION
Med's Done....
Hello EVERYONE,

I NEED INFORMATION REGARDING EDMONTON

--- can u pls tell me what abt job in Edmonton? it is better than calgary? My husband i warehouse incharge can he gets job easily in
Shopping mall.

--- I know first of all for few months we have to struggle and can accept any type of job, i mean to say can we get job easily in shopping
mall, retail shops, Grocessary shop etc etc.

--- What is minimum wages there?

--- What is monthly average costly?

--- what about weather?

swapno

Star Member
Jun 26, 2012
Totaly agree with you. This is very much important and should be an element of your resume
rocky272727 said:
Hey everyone,

Its been long since I have shared any of my recent experiences so though of bringing this topic again.

This is regarding resume and job search.

Resume:

Always pay a lot of attention to your resume before applying to a job. Here My manager shared with me that they do not look for hard core technical skills always (off-course depends upon the job but this is majority of jobs) but instead high light soft skills that you have.

It is possible that you are not aware that what type of soft skills are required and what type of skills you have. Well to answer that, there are "n" number of resume's online and the best hint is the job description which states the key words they are looking at. Put them in your resume to get automatically picked up by their screening software.

Use Linkedin or other tools and do a lot of information interviews here. It really helps a lot to develop contacts and get your foot in the right place.

We were talking about this today, so thought of sharing this with you all.

I wish you luck in Canada. Work hard and stay focused, you will definitely get what you want.

Rocky

saify

Jul 18, 2009
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-09
AOR Received.
25-12-2009
File Transfer...
23-05-2011
Med's Request
05-06-2013
Med's Done....
21-08-2013
Passport Req..
01-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
Kindly guide me, your time is valuable, I need some of your time as you are landed there.
I just received my family passports stamped from Canadian embassy.
Now I am planning to land in Toronto, I am confused whether I should bring my family with me, or I should come alone and find some job and after finding job I should call them.
Is there any restriction from the Canadian authorities to bring family with you.
One thing is for sure that I have to show proof of funds for whole family, either I should go alone or with family.
Someone suggests me not to bring cloths/shoes from Pakistan, he advised to purchase it from Canada, those will be more weather compatible.
What should be Goods to follow list in your opinion?
some crockery, some blankets, and some cloths/shoes
I need your opinion about this issue.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
saify said:
Kindly guide me, your time is valuable, I need some of your time as you are landed there.
Now I am planning to land in Toronto, I am confused whether I should bring my family with me, or I should come alone and find some job and after finding job I should call them.
Is there any restriction from the Canadian authorities to bring family with you.
One thing is for sure that I have to show proof of funds for whole family, either I should go alone or with family.
Someone suggests me not to bring cloths/shoes from Pakistan, he advised to purchase it from Canada, those will be more weather compatible.
It is up to you if you come alone or with the family. It is easier to come alone because you can look for a job before you decide where to settle. If you bring your family, they would want to get settled somewhere.

You still have to show funds for your whole family and their only limitation is that they must land within the expiry date of their PR visa.

If you have warm clothes and shoes, you can bring them.

Your Highness

Champion Member
Sep 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15th Sep 2011
AOR Received.
PER rcvd on 14th Dec 2011
IELTS Request
Submitted with Docs
File Transfer...
AOR from NDVO rcvd on 21 Jan 2012
Med's Request
7th Feb 2012
Med's Done....
Med sent on 24th Feb 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Req rcvd on 7th Feb sent on 24th Feb 2012. RPRF DD encashed on 11th April
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 10th May. PPs rcvd with Visa on 14th May 2012
LANDED..........
Landed in Toronto on 3rd July 2012!
saify said:
I would say you come alone if that's an option. Once you get a feel of the place and what it has to offer you, then you can bring your family.
Bring as many things as you can from there. Things here are very very expensive. When compared to your home country, it's going to shock you. Get your entire kitchen if possible and also towels, curtains and bed spreads and such other things. Basically get whatever you can from there. Apart from your winter jacket and winter boots, nothing else is very different from what you would get there. So you may leave these 2 things to buy here, and get everything else from there. This is my advice.

Trust this helps.