Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
DONE :-)
rocky272727 said:
Thanks COCOSTING for sharing your landing experience.

Hi all,

Just thought I'll post my landing experience and also thank all the members for the help and advice that I have received on this forum, a special thanks to Quorax.

My travel plans were pretty complicated, I was leaving London on the 2nd of June, land in Toronto on the same day, leave for Newark the next day ( as my brother has had a new baby boy and toronto is just 1.5 hrs from New Jersey) and on the 12th of June leave for India for a short holiday before coming back to London. I had too many things to take care of and was worried that I my have over looked something but it all went well, thanks to God for that. landed on June 2nd at Pearsons Int Airport in Toronto. I was one of the first in line to the immigration,
Immigration Officer: Are you landing today?
Me: Yes
IO: Any goods to follow?
Me: No
IO: You photo looks older and you looker younger in person, usually its the other way round.
Me: Thats a nice welcome compliment? It could be because of the couple of jogs I went a few days ago. gigle
IO: smiles and points me to some other counter( guess he was also some kind of Immigration officer) and says Welcome to Canada.

2IO: Are you immigrating today?
Me: Yes
IO: Papers and passport, please
Me: Sure and handed the same and said no goods to follow
IO: Thanks, Do you have the adress where you will be living?
Me: Yes, and handed a paper with the adress.
IO: How much funds do you have on you? and in what form?
ME: £ 1800 in TC, £ 6000 in Bank Draft, CAD 500, USD 3000.
IO: Just out of curiosity, I can understand £ and CAD but why USD
ME: left overs from my previous travel.
IO: can I see them pls,
ME: Sure, and as I was getting them out he said, thank you very much, pls go to customs and you will receive your PR card soon.

At Customs:

Custom Officer: Are you carrying any CASH worth more than CAD 10000?
Me: No, But i have TC's and bank draft and some cash all worth more than that.
CO: Bank Draft you said? Please fill this form
Me: Sure, the form was all complicated and had French along with english in very small writings, I started filling it
CO: Ho dont bother with all that, Just put your name, address and total amount your are carrying and in what form, Sign and Print at the bottom.
Me: Am I in Canada or in India?
CO: She dint get the joke and looked at me with a blank face
Me: Sorry, let me fill the form ( Me and my big silly mouth)
CO: Welcome to Canada, go back through the door you came in and take a right for the exit, all the best.

I however did not get ant brouchers or any advice for sin cards like I heard from others, but I was not too worried about that.
The whole process took just under 15 mins
Thanks for giving us a nice walk-through about the landing process. i had a small question, i know if you complete u'r landing procedure and then left canada without u'r PR card then re entering canada without PR card is complicated. Is it true?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just that if you are not holding the passport from one of the visa-exempted countries, you need to get a travel document to re enter Canada in case you do not have a valid PR card.

Sam2Canada

Jan 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
02/02/2010
VISA ISSUED...
05/05/2010
LANDED..........
12/09/2010
hi Rocky
I am planning to land on Oct for one week and return back to India.My question is since I dont have Canadian address, so what address shud I give the IO to send my PR card?I guess one can not give Indian address to send the PR card.

Thanks
Sam

Sam2Canada

Jan 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
02/02/2010
VISA ISSUED...
05/05/2010
LANDED..........
12/09/2010
Also I gave Vancouver BC as my enrty city in PR application form. In that case can I land in Toronto?
Thanks
Sam

aybee

Nov 2, 2009
Chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-October-2009
IELTS Request
overall - 8 (7 above in each)
LANDED..........
5-July-2010
Sam2Canada said:
Also I gave Vancouver BC as my enrty city in PR application form. In that case can I land in Toronto?
Thanks
Sam
*****YES*****

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sam2Canada said:
hi Rocky
I am planning to land on Oct for one week and return back to India.My question is since I dont have Canadian address, so what address shud I give the IO to send my PR card?I guess one can not give Indian address to send the PR card.

Thanks
Sam
You can request United Parcel Service (UPS) for a Canadian address to receive the PR card, so that the company can then courier the PR card to you in India.

Neel09

Star Member
May 20, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
06/08/2010, Edmonton
Ok i landed on 7th june and came back to US on 9th june. My other friend landed on 28th april and came back to US. He just received his pr card on 17th june in his friends place in Canada. So figure out the math approximately when we can anticipate ours. Good Luck

Nit4canada

May 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Rocky, Qorax and other seniors,

I am planning to land on 08/07. My flight Air India has a transit at JFK, NEW YORK and i need to change flight to American Express at JFK ( transit time 4hour 30 minutes).

Do i need to take US transit visa for changing the flight? Please reply... Thank yoy very much..

kchakus

Star Member
May 28, 2010
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Not Yet
Hello Friends,

Any IT professionals residing in Canada/US and looking for a job/change, please mail
birendra.14@gmail.com asap with you're resume and cover letter.

All the best!!!

Thanks
Chakra

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nit4canada said:

I am planning to land on 08/07. My flight Air India has a transit at JFK, NEW YORK and i need to change flight to American Express at JFK ( transit time 4hour 30 minutes).

Do i need to take US transit visa for changing the flight? Please reply... Thank yoy very much..
Unless you are holding any passport from US visa-exempted countries, you need a US transit visa.

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nit4canada said:

Earlier it was not required but I would suggest you check with Air India Staff they will let you know.

The U.S. has suspended its policy of allowing travelers to pass through U.S. airports in transit to foreign destinations without a visa if they would otherwise require a visa to enter the U.S. This change has no effect upon Canadian citizens nor upon those who qualify to enter the U.S. under the Visa Waiver Program.

Source: http://www.consular.canada.usembassy.gov/transit_without_visa_usa.asp

sushid0c

Star Member
Oct 25, 2007
Neel09 said:
Ok i landed on 7th june and came back to US on 9th june. My other friend landed on 28th april and came back to US. He just received his pr card on 17th june in his friends place in Canada. So figure out the math approximately when we can anticipate ours. Good Luck
so that makes it roughly 7 weeks.
guys I got to wait a little longer

sushidoc

mooving2canada

Star Member
Mar 31, 2010
Punjab
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July2009
Doc's Request.
September2009
Nomination.....
December2009
AOR Received.
December2009
File Transfer...
September2009
Med's Request
1st Feb,2010
Med's Done....
18th March,2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
1st Feb,2010
VISA ISSUED...
7th April,2010
LANDED..........
Landed at Vancouver on 26th May,10. Residing at Burnaby and now looking for Job
Hello Guyz,
If any1 is looking for job in BC in Insurance sector, send the resume at
cbg.team@gmail.com

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Sifarsen for sharing it

Hi,
First of all, I would like to apologize for posting my landing experiance so late. I was really busy after landing and could not manage to chip in.
Well, I took the KLM flight from Abu Dhabi on 4th June 12am Via Amsterdam. There was a long stop over at Amsterdam for about 8 hrs.We had bought the lounge access and it was a good place to take some rest. Finally, we reached toronto on 4th June 4pm. The flight was nice and the crew was good. But the journey was very hectic. After Landing, we entered the terminal building 3. A security guy told us to go to Canadian Border Service Agency. The guy was very friendly at CBSA. He asked us abt our purpose of visit and if we are carrying the required Landing Fund. he also checked our passports and told us to proceed to Immigration Counter which was nearby. At Immigration counter, the officer was very friendly. I gave him our pasports and landing papers.He asked me if I ever had any criminal record and also if I am carrying the required landing funds. After that he asked for the local address for despatching the PR Card. I gave him my Cousin's address who stays in Brampton. After getting all the documents, he told us to wait for sometime till he prepares the final landing papers. We waited for about 15-20 mins and then he called us back again. He gave us our passports with the landing papers and said "Welcome to Canada". It was a nice moment for us after waiting for so many years. We proceeded for collecting our baggage. We forgot to go to the Welcome counter which is next to the Immigration. We had to return back after couple of days to collect our welcome Kit. Anyway, we took a porter to take care of the baggage and he also guided us to the customs. We had our Goods to follow list and also the accompanying goods list with photographs. The lady at the customs counter was very much pleased to see all the preprinted list and photographs and she took about 5 mins and gave us back the stamped list. We thanked her and proceeded towards the limo counter. We took a limo from there to Super 8 Hotel at Downtown Toronto. We were very happy to see all the greenary on the way. It was indeed a nice landing experiance. Please let me know if anyone needs any clarification. Good luck to all of you.
Peace

msaleem216

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2007