rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rocky272727 said:
Very Important Information.

Hi

I know this information is valid for Ontario Province and might be for the rest as well (Check the websites of local municipality for more information on it.)

People who take basements as rented accommodation make sure its a legalized basement and the landlord is allowed to do so. The tenant might not be in problem with any legal issues but due to this problem then landlord can ask the tenant to vacate the accommodation soon and it may create little problem and inconvenience. Basements before 1995, November are legal to be rented out. After that it is not legal.

Be cautious.
Example

City of Mississauga Zoning By-laws do not permit the creation of ADU'S, most commonly known as "basement apartments or conversions."
Some circumstances exist under which an existing accessory dwelling unit may be permitted of it can be established that it was in existence on November 16, 1995. If you have a house that was built after 1995, you are not eligible to create a new ADU or to keep an existing accessory dwelling unit.

Under the previous Provincial legislation, basement apartments created between July 14, 1994 and November 16, 1995 must be exempted from Zoning By-law prosecution as they were deemed to be "grandfathered" if they complied with Fire and Building Code Regulations. ADU's created during this period do not have to comply with current Zoning By-laws, but they do have to meet all other requirements.

The following are some of the minimum requirements that must be met for an ADU to be considered exempted from prosecution and "grandfathered":

ADU's are only permitted in detached, semi-detached or row house dwellings and must have been built prior to 1996.
The appearance or character of the house can not be significantly altered so that its appearance is no longer that of a one unit structure.
The walls and ceilings of all existing stairways must be continuous in the unit and provide a required fire-rated drywall separation between the dwelling units. Doors forming part of the fire separation between units or as an exit must meet specifications relating to thickness and size and be complete with a door closer and latch.
Exits whether shared or separate must meet Fire Code and/or Building Code specifications.
ADU does not have to be secondary to the main unit (smaller square footage).
<>Compliance with the City of Mississauga Property Standards By-law 654-98, as amended relating to "habitable" space:
<> Floors, walls, ceilings, exterior walls, water/draft tight and free from dampness.

<>Windows, skylights for every room other than a kitchen which open directly to the outside and are of a size not less than that required by the Ontario Building Code. Bathrooms maybe equipped with a fan and a heating system capable of providing and maintaining suitable heat in accordance with City of Mississauga Adequate Heat By-law 365-95, as amended.

<>Minimum ceiling heights (6'5") as required under the Ontario Building Code.

<>A kitchen equipped with a refrigerator, stove in good repair and working condition.

<>Cupboards having a capacity of not less than four cubic feet multiplied by the total number of persons occupying the unit.

<>Counter tops, drawer, plumbing and plumbing fixtures maintained in the good condition and approved by permit in the case of all plumbing.

<>ADU's must have operational smoke alarms as required, and in conformance with City of Mississauga Smoke Alarm By-law 284-93, as amended or the Ontario Fire Code.
<>ADU's must have operational carbon monoxide detectors as required by City of Mississauga Carbon Monoxide Detector By-law 77-99, as amended.
<>Electrical installations must be inspected and certified by the Electrical Safety Authority.
<>Every second Dwelling Unit which is deemed illegal or exempt from prosecution under the provisions of the Land Use Planning and Protection Act will be reported to Canada Customs and Revenue Agency, Toronto West Taxes Services Office, Investigation Division.
<>If you have an existing basement apartment and wish to request an inspection to determine its compliance, please contact the Compliance and Licensing Section Call Centre at 905-896-5655.

Any property owner interested in establishing "grandfathering status" and applying for exemption from our Zoning By-law must pay a $250.00 administration and inspection fee.

To help home owners determine if they meet the "grandfathering test" a "requirement check list" has been prepared and should be consulted by all property owners seeking grandfathering status for their ADU.

An affidavit will be requested as a minimum requirement and must be written by the person who can personally attest to the fact that the ADU was in existence on November 16, 1995. This person may be the current owner or former property owner. An affidavit is a written declaration or statement of facts made by the "deponent" under oath or affirmation, and is administered by a person authorized for taking affidavits. (e.g. lawyer)

In addition to an affidavit, property owners will be required to provide such proof as financial documentation (e.g. copies of leases and rent receipts) or real estate listings, as well as an affidavit to provide evidence that the secondary unit did exist on November 16, 1995.

Source : http://www.mississauga.ca/portal/residents/dwellingunits

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aybee said:
Dear Rocky,

In one of the earlier posts, you have advised to contact the Immigrant Serving Organization. I will be landing on the 5th in Toronto.

I have got the address of couple of these Organizations in Peel area. I want to ask that are these organizations really that helpful as they claim to be. Do they really provide the various Language and Employment services and are they good. Have you personally or heard from others that they have volunteered in these organizations and have made new friends.
I am planning to meet the agency soon and also my sister got a job as a volunteer from this agency first and then the company hired her. It is funded by CIC and its genuine.

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sushid0c said:
hi.

this is for rocky272727 and others

have you got your PR cards?????? From your posts rocky272727 i gathered that you landed around 26th may , I landed on 20th may and after spending 2 weeks there , came back to india.

please update

sushidoc
I Landed on 28th May. No till now I have not received my PR Card.

mooving2canada

Star Member
Mar 31, 2010
Punjab
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July2009
Doc's Request.
September2009
Nomination.....
December2009
AOR Received.
December2009
File Transfer...
September2009
Med's Request
1st Feb,2010
Med's Done....
18th March,2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
1st Feb,2010
VISA ISSUED...
7th April,2010
LANDED..........
Landed at Vancouver on 26th May,10. Residing at Burnaby and now looking for Job
rocky272727 said:
I Landed on 28th May. No till now I have not received my PR Card.
Dear Rocky, After getting ur PR card plz update it. I janded on 26th May.

kchakus

Star Member
May 28, 2010
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Not Yet
HI Guys/Gals,
I have received a mail which goes as follows:

Hi Chakravarthy,

I truly appreciate your response and would love to discuss this opportunity with you and consider referring you for an interview however not wanting to waste your time I feel I must first let you know that at present we would only refer you if you become a CFM Member or get a CFM Job Referral Access Pass.

CFM specifically benefits jobseekers and is effective because of our focus on the hidden, unadvertised and hard-to-find job and career opportunities that make up the over 80% of jobs commonly referred to as the hidden job market, and because of our ability to get you interviews for these position where you have little or no competition.

One of the main reasons for the success of CFM since 1993 is that unlike employment agencies and commercial job boards, CFM does not charge employers. This gives us unmatched access to the job and career opportunities our clients want.

If you would like to discuss the position and how and why CFM can work for you please call me on the phone or Skype at your earliest opportunity 9 AM to 7 PM ET daily including on weekends.

Best regards,

Nigel Corneal, BDM (bdmss, CFM, ThinkBDM.com)
Office: 416-628-5953 or 1-800-379-5629
Email: mailto:nigel@thinkbdm.com
Blog: nigelcorneal.blogspot.com
IM: nigelcorneal@hotmail.com
Skype Voice & Video Calls: nigel.corneal

facebook
Find our brand new pages on Facebook! Visit us today and show us some like!
We’re posting job & career opportunities along with search tips, advice and articles.
BDM Career Services - bdmss, the BDM Staffing Solution - CFM Career Finder Marketing Service

Can somebody from Toronto find that this is a reliable service to go ahead with?
That guy, Nigel, is charging a fee 850 Canadian Dollars for job seekers. Any body interested?

Sha_sha

Apr 11, 2010
kchakus said:
HI Guys/Gals,

Hi Chakravarthy,

I truly appreciate your response and would love to discuss this opportunity with you and consider referring you for an interview however not wanting to waste your time I feel I must first let you know that at present we would only refer you if you become a CFM Member or get a CFM Job Referral Access Pass.

CFM specifically benefits jobseekers and is effective because of our focus on the hidden, unadvertised and hard-to-find job and career opportunities that make up the over 80% of jobs commonly referred to as the hidden job market, and because of our ability to get you interviews for these position where you have little or no competition.

One of the main reasons for the success of CFM since 1993 is that unlike employment agencies and commercial job boards, CFM does not charge employers. This gives us unmatched access to the job and career opportunities our clients want.

If you would like to discuss the position and how and why CFM can work for you please call me on the phone or Skype at your earliest opportunity 9 AM to 7 PM ET daily including on weekends.

Best regards,

Email: mailto:nigel @ thinkbdm.com
IM: nigelcorneal @ hotmail.com

facebook
We're posting job & career opportunities along with search tips, advice and articles.
BDM Career Services - bdmss, the BDM Staffing Solution - CFM Career Finder Marketing Service

Can somebody from Toronto find that this is a reliable service to go ahead with?
That guy, Nigel, is charging a fee 850 Canadian Dollars for job seekers. Any body interested?
Hi kchakus, don't ever try to meet these guys... they are getting employment from you rather they help you get. There is nothing in Canada that you pay and get job!!! Also, don't try to promote these guys.

kchakus

Star Member
May 28, 2010
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Not Yet
Thanks Sha_sha for the reply. I'll take a wise decision.

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kchakus said:
HI Guys/Gals,

Hi Chakravarthy,

Best regards,

Email: mailto:nigel @ thinkbdm.com
IM: nigelcorneal @ hotmail.com

facebook
We're posting job & career opportunities along with search tips, advice and articles.

It is not correct. You never get jobs by paying money. Never attend it

kchakus

Star Member
May 28, 2010
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Not Yet
Thanks Rocky for the reply. I have dropped the idea of contact that guy.

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Those who want to quickly know the net salary in Ontario & other Province, can refer to this tool. This is just to give the the approximate idea

http://lsminsurance.ca/calculators/canada/income-tax

http://www.calculateyournetsalary.com/calculate-net-salary-in-canada-ontario.html

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks COCOSTING for sharing your landing experience.

Hi all,

Just thought I'll post my landing experience and also thank all the members for the help and advice that I have received on this forum, a special thanks to Quorax.

My travel plans were pretty complicated, I was leaving London on the 2nd of June, land in Toronto on the same day, leave for Newark the next day ( as my brother has had a new baby boy and toronto is just 1.5 hrs from New Jersey) and on the 12th of June leave for India for a short holiday before coming back to London. I had too many things to take care of and was worried that I my have over looked something but it all went well, thanks to God for that. landed on June 2nd at Pearsons Int Airport in Toronto. I was one of the first in line to the immigration,
Immigration Officer: Are you landing today?
Me: Yes
IO: Any goods to follow?
Me: No
IO: You photo looks older and you looker younger in person, usually its the other way round.
Me: Thats a nice welcome compliment? It could be because of the couple of jogs I went a few days ago. gigle
IO: smiles and points me to some other counter( guess he was also some kind of Immigration officer) and says Welcome to Canada.

2IO: Are you immigrating today?
Me: Yes
IO: Papers and passport, please
Me: Sure and handed the same and said no goods to follow
IO: Thanks, Do you have the adress where you will be living?
Me: Yes, and handed a paper with the adress.
IO: How much funds do you have on you? and in what form?
ME: £ 1800 in TC, £ 6000 in Bank Draft, CAD 500, USD 3000.
IO: Just out of curiosity, I can understand £ and CAD but why USD
ME: left overs from my previous travel.
IO: can I see them pls,
ME: Sure, and as I was getting them out he said, thank you very much, pls go to customs and you will receive your PR card soon.

At Customs:

Custom Officer: Are you carrying any CASH worth more than CAD 10000?
Me: No, But i have TC's and bank draft and some cash all worth more than that.
CO: Bank Draft you said? Please fill this form
Me: Sure, the form was all complicated and had French along with english in very small writings, I started filling it
CO: Ho dont bother with all that, Just put your name, address and total amount your are carrying and in what form, Sign and Print at the bottom.
Me: Am I in Canada or in India?
CO: She dint get the joke and looked at me with a blank face
Me: Sorry, let me fill the form ( Me and my big silly mouth)
CO: Welcome to Canada, go back through the door you came in and take a right for the exit, all the best.

I however did not get ant brouchers or any advice for sin cards like I heard from others, but I was not too worried about that.
The whole process took just under 15 mins

sahil303

Jun 22, 2010
Hey guys
i am sony..............i hope soon we will see each other in canada

i am planing to land in sept. in vancouver