Interview........
Waived !!
Passport Req..
DM on 2-06-2015, PPR on 05-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa issued: 02-07-2015, Received: 07-07-2015
LANDED..........
January 2016
Oh wow was it because of the locked down? And have you gotten your citizenship certificate now?
I still haven’t received the oath invite yet lol. Extra delay due to COVID for sure. before COVID average processing time of KW was around 14-16 months. I think they are very understaffed from what I have heard.

M.Sanoh20

Star Member
Jul 12, 2021
I still haven’t received the oath invite yet lol. Extra delay due to COVID for sure. before COVID average processing time of KW was around 14-16 months. I think they are very understaffed from what I have heard.
Wow that is putting a lot of pressure on as an applicants. Did you try to call and see why your oat is taking too long? They should hire more staff then because it's getting too much. My status says test ready but everytime I call they always tell me different stories. I am confuses now!

M.Sanoh20

Star Member
Jul 12, 2021
Nope. January 2020 applicants still waiting. I will turn 54 in a couple of decades and then I dont have to take the test. Waiting for that now :(
Have you check the status of your application with CIC? Mine said test ready, but I have not heard anything yet. No test invite and I applied November 2020

Ka93

Sep 11, 2020
This is the respond from my Mp. I applied on january 2020 im kitchener.

I have spoken with IRCC and they have informed me that your application for citizenship has currently been put on hold along with all applications for citizenship due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

Unfortunately, due to the pandemic, all citizenship applications have been put on hold but are hoping to start again shortly. Once the applications begin to be processed, there will be a large delay in getting caught up again.

salem10

Jul 6, 2010
Ontario, since 2006
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
0711/4131/4121
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-05-2010
Doc's Request.
Nov 02, 2010
AOR Received.
May 19, 2011 from buffalo
IELTS Request
submitted writtin sample (accepted)
Med's Request
April 14, 2012
Med's Done....
June 10, 2011, again in May 02, 2012 -medical furtherance June29-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
20-06-2015

I have spoken with IRCC and they have informed me that your application for citizenship has currently been put on hold along with all applications for citizenship due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

Unfortunately, due to the pandemic, all citizenship applications have been put on hold but are hoping to start again shortly. Once the applications begin to be processed, there will be a large delay in getting caught up again.
That is very bad, I don’t understand how’s this COVID-19 pandemic excuse work. Kitchener now is in stage 2 moving to stage 3 tomorrow I believe. Hope they can cover up quickly.

M.Sanoh20

Star Member
Jul 12, 2021

I was told that Kitchener location is under staff that's why it's taking longer for them to process. Other places in Canada are processing applications now and calling people for test and oat

yasir22

Jun 5, 2014
ontario
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
21-05-2014
Doc's Request.
29-04-2015
File Transfer...
SA on 30-07-2014
Med's Request
19-05-2015
Med's Done....
upfront med.: 7-04-2014 and re-med.: 21-05-2015
Interview........
Waived !!
Passport Req..
DM on 2-06-2015, PPR on 05-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa issued: 02-07-2015, Received: 07-07-2015
LANDED..........
January 2016

That is not correct. Ppl are getting test invites and oaths. So work is being done but at slower pace.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015

That's misinformation, I don't care who told you that but that information is WRONG. Several September 2020 applicants received request for passport pages in the last 4 days. Several people received DM status updates, several people got oath dates and people also received test invitations. Nothing has been put on hold, the process, for sure, is slow but it for sure isn't on hold.

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
That's misinformation, I don't care who told you that but that information is WRONG. Several September 2020 applicants received request for passport pages in the last 4 days. Several people received DM status updates, several people got oath dates and people also received test invitations. Nothing has been put on hold, the process, for sure, is slow but it for sure isn't on hold.
I believe his/her application is on hold not all applications and they just wanted him/her to feel less stressed about this by saying all applications are on hold. I am saying this because recently saw a post on facebook where someone shared a picture of his GCMS note and his application status shows on hold. The op needs to order his note something fishy is happening with his/her application.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I believe his/her application is on hold not all applications and they just wanted him/her to feel less stressed about this by saying all applications are on hold. I am saying this because recently saw a post on facebook where someone shared a picture of his GCMS note and his application status shows on hold. The op needs to order his note something fishy is happening with his/her application.
Yup, that might be the case. I would recommend the OP to order GCMS notes to see if the case is "On Hold" or "Parked".