+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kitchener Waterloo Citizenship Applicants

momo1991

Jun 22, 2021
I am thinking of changing my address to my family's address in Toronto to hopefully speed things up, anyone else in the same boat?

M.Sanoh20

Star Member
Jul 12, 2021
This is the respond from my Mp. I applied on january 2020 im kitchener.

I have spoken with IRCC and they have informed me that your application for citizenship has currently been put on hold along with all applications for citizenship due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

Unfortunately, due to the pandemic, all citizenship applications have been put on hold but are hoping to start again shortly. Once the applications begin to be processed, there will be a large delay in getting caught up again.
When was this announced?

etcoflife

Jan 12, 2017
Something weird is going on. This thread was opened one month ago. Not a single test invite from this office reported :(

xiachun1015

Jul 19, 2021
Hi we applied on Nov 2019. We took test on Feb 2021. So far waiting for oath. The website said oath is usually within 3 month after test. Is there any way I can call them?

topgun94

Jul 14, 2018
Location - Kitchener, ON
Family - 2 adults + 1 child
Physical Presence - 1115 days
Application received - Jan 28, 2020
AOR - August 26, 2020
In-process - October 21, 2020
Test - April 9, 2021
Interview/passport pages was not requested.
Decision made - July 19, 2021

hawat

Aug 28, 2020
Location - Kitchener, ON
Family - 2 adults + 1 child
Physical Presence - 1115 days
Application received - Jan 28, 2020
AOR - August 26, 2020
In-process - October 21, 2020
Test - April 9, 2021
Interview/passport pages was not requested.
Decision made - July 19, 2021
Congrats ! Could you share your background check completion date? From the new tracker ...

Reactions: topgun94

Adam1979

Jan 31, 2015
This is the respond from my Mp. I applied on january 2020 im kitchener.

I have spoken with IRCC and they have informed me that your application for citizenship has currently been put on hold along with all applications for citizenship due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

Unfortunately, due to the pandemic, all citizenship applications have been put on hold but are hoping to start again shortly. Once the applications begin to be processed, there will be a large delay in getting caught up again.
This is such an odd response. Obviously (and evidently) other locations are processing applications faster and not putting them on hold.

Is your MP Raj Sinai?

My MP is Bardish Chagger, she’s great and her office is usually responsive. I think I’m gonna write to them soon...

Last edited:

M.Sanoh20

Star Member
Jul 12, 2021
This is such an odd response. Obviously (and evidently) other locations are processing applications faster and not putting them on hold.

Is your MP Raj Sinai?

My MP is Bardish Chagger, she’s great and her office is usually responsive. I think I’m gonna write to them soon...
I called IRCC today and I was told that no test has been put on hold. Everything has moved to online, but nothing is on hold right now. Kitchener Waterloo location is just really slow, doesn't mean that all test got put on hold due to the pandemic.

February2016

Star Member
Jan 24, 2016
I applied October 2019. Still nothing. I messaged MP Raj Saini office, no response. My PR card is expiring soon so I was hoping to finalise this without extending the PR card since I am planning to travel. What is phone number to call the Kitchener office?
Thank you.

Adam1979

Jan 31, 2015
I applied October 2019. Still nothing. I messaged MP Raj Saini office, no response. My PR card is expiring soon so I was hoping to finalise this without extending the PR card since I am planning to travel. What is phone number to call the Kitchener office?
Thank you.

I'm more or less in the same position. Actually I think my card already expired. Is it worth the trouble to apply for a new one? You will probably be a citizen before a new card is issued.

But with the Kitchener office being slow, who really knows?

Maybe we should all collectively call or email our MPs. I think a little bit of constituent pressure is overdue to get things moving in the local office.

Reactions: hawat and M.Sanoh20