+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kitchener Waterloo Citizenship Applicants

M.Sanoh20

Star Member
Jul 12, 2021
I'm more or less in the same position. Actually I think my card already expired. Is it worth the trouble to apply for a new one? You will probably be a citizen before a new card is issued.

But with the Kitchener office being slow, who really knows?

Maybe we should all collectively call or email our MPs. I think a little bit of constituent pressure is overdue to get things moving in the local office.
I agreed. Other places are getting their citizenship and we are way behind it's crazy

Reactions: Adam1979

immigrate2017

Star Member
Jan 19, 2017
So I called IRCC a couple times in the last two weeks. Both agents who I spoke to said my application is "Test Ready". But no test invite yet.
I went to Kitchener IRCC office on Friday July 23 during business hours but all doors were locked, no one answered the phone outside and I saw they'd posted a note saying "They're not accepting in-person/walk ins yet".
I emailed Raj Saini's office (Kitchener Center MP), but did not hear anything back from them.
Lastly, I've ordered GCMS notes and will wait to se what it says.

All in all, there's really nothing we can do but wait because unfortunately there is no way to connect with any officers and there's absolutely no clarity with how these applications are being processed. But please do submit your feedback forms which might trigger corporate to look into processing times of this specific office. Good luck to us all!

Reactions: Hanan22

Hanan22

Nov 14, 2015
So I called IRCC a couple times in the last two weeks. Both agents who I spoke to said my application is "Test Ready". But no test invite yet.
I went to Kitchener IRCC office on Friday July 23 during business hours but all doors were locked, no one answered the phone outside and I saw they'd posted a note saying "They're not accepting in-person/walk ins yet".
I emailed Raj Saini's office (Kitchener Center MP), but did not hear anything back from them.

All in all, there's really nothing we can do but wait because unfortunately there is no way to connect with any officers and there's absolutely no clarity with how these applications are being processed. But please do submit your feedback forms which might trigger corporate to look into processing times of this specific office. Good luck to us all!
Agree

Reactions: immigrate2017

M.Sanoh20

Star Member
Jul 12, 2021

Where do we submit our feedback? Also, I called IRCC too and I was told that my application is "test ready", and still nothing. I haven't gotten any either. I wish I would have applied through Alberta, it's faster there.

Hanan22

Nov 14, 2015
This is the feedback form; please submit your feedback about the Kitchener office. Thanks to @immigrate2017

The Feedback form is a way to convey unmet expectations. This is where we can voice our complaints directing to a specific office.
Use this link: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/feedback-retroaction/feedback-retroaction-eng.aspx
You can choose "Unmet Expectation" and hit continue. Then select "Processing Times" from the drop down.
I've done this in the past for spousal sponsorship application and I can't say definitively that it worked, but the whole spousal sponsorship process has been fastracked since last year.

M.Sanoh20

Star Member
Jul 12, 2021
Has anyone gotten a test invite from Kitchener location lately? According to IRCC, my application is "test ready" and yet no invites or any new update

immigrate2017

Star Member
Jan 19, 2017
Hey guys, I made some observation this morning and thought it was interesting. Check this link out: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1U27V95kWlCVYWB0zye7DvqoXSkyqxgbA31eEJ_TKO6Y/edit#gid=1674299663

This is a tracker that people fill out as and when they get any updates on their file. I looked at this from all months in 2020 and found it interesting that Family applications are being processed faster in Kitchener. Single ones are still lagging behind. I filtered out column B (Location) alphabetically so I could see all Kitchener applications together one below the other.

Can you guys review and tell me if you make the same observation?

M.Sanoh20

Star Member
Jul 12, 2021
Hey guys, I made some observation this morning and thought it was interesting. Check this link out: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1U27V95kWlCVYWB0zye7DvqoXSkyqxgbA31eEJ_TKO6Y/edit#gid=1674299663

This is a tracker that people fill out as and when they get any updates on their file. I looked at this from all months in 2020 and found it interesting that Family applications are being processed faster in Kitchener. Single ones are still lagging behind. I filtered out column B (Location) alphabetically so I could see all Kitchener applications together one below the other.

All we can honestly do is wait. I pray that next month will bring more blessings and that we will get new update on our application. This corona has done more damage than good.

Hanan22

Nov 14, 2015

I don't think so; We are a family in Waterloo and our BG is still in processing since forever. I've heard that in general processing is slower for PNP class applicants especially if they don't have a history of travelling outside Canada! not sure why?