13-08-2015
Interview........
11-10-2016
Passport Req..
11-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2016
Maddants said:
Yes for sure....it look like all of them take vacation during the holidays..lol.... them fi work a bit more faster like how they do the refugees...they get process in lest that a week and get a lot of benefits from tax payers...I don't want any benefits at all just get me to my wife in Canada that all...we won our appeal so they can speed up my thing now but I just have to trust in the lord...
Wow that's awesome Maddants! Praise the Lord!!! Sometimes His way is slow but it's always sure! That's great news for the Christmas! It won't be long before you're here in Canada with the rest of us suffering through the winter, clutching Tim Horton's coffee/tea for dear life! I'm kidding it's not always that bad. It's great here.Praying you get through speedily! Merry Christmas when it comes!!

MissReeva-Walker

Star Member
Dec 23, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2015
AOR Received.
20-02-2016
Med's Done....
05-12-2015
Hey Everyone, new to the board. Figured mi would drop eeen fi gi unoh a little hail up and introduce myself!

My story: My husband is from Jamaica but has been living with me here Since June 22. He is an entertainer, so he came up on a second tour this year and than filed for a Visitor Visa so he can stay with me. We live in Montreal.

So now, we are sending out the papers any day now. Just triple checking. We are doing an Inland application, so that he can get an open work permit, though second guessing if that is the right option. Some say its been taking less than a year for outland applications, and that I can file for him outland even though he is here, inland with me.

Now I would love if he could work, because music business no matter if you have many hit songs, u aint making money when you are not touring consistenly. But if it will take 9 months for an outland application...

lonelydreadswife

Aug 1, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 11 2015
Doc's Request.
CSQ certificate dec 2015 because quebec did not send
AOR Received.
April 14 2015
File Transfer...
june 10 2015 and sept 11 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Feb 11 2015 medical extended until January 2017
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Feb 22 2016
VISA ISSUED...
march 11 2016
LANDED..........
april 3 2016
MissReeva-Walker said:
Hey Everyone, new to the board. Figured mi would drop eeen fi gi unoh a little hail up and introduce myself!

My story: My husband is from Jamaica but has been living with me here Since June 22. He is an entertainer, so he came up on a second tour this year and than filed for a Visitor Visa so he can stay with me. We live in Montreal.

So now, we are sending out the papers any day now. Just triple checking. We are doing an Inland application, so that he can get an open work permit, though second guessing if that is the right option. Some say its been taking less than a year for outland applications, and that I can file for him outland even though he is here, inland with me.

Now I would love if he could work, because music business no matter if you have many hit songs, u aint making money when you are not touring consistenly. But if it will take 9 months for an outland application...
Welcome i too am from montreal if any question feel freeto ask my hubby still in Ja lucky you to have your husband here this forum is very helpful again welcome

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Dec. 9, 2011 / Nov. 9, 2015
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
MissReeva-Walker said:

Hey MissReeva-Walker......How are you doing today...I don't know if ppl think the same as I do...lol... but in my opinion, this is what I would do.. Since your hubby is there with you right now let him stay there and apply for inland sponsorship and then you can apply for a work permit while the sponsorship application is in...It will take a very long time for inland sponsorship yes but he can get work permit so he can work and contribute to the household. The reason im saying this is because a lot of ppl here on the forum is without there spouse living so far away get frustrated because they are alone trying to keep it together and not losing there minds and it is very costly to be traveling back and forth to be seeing you hubby.... The biggest reason is that if your inland sponsor ship don't go threw you have the option to refile for him with an outland sponsorship so save the outland sponsorship for your back up plan.... You can do an outland sponsorship and he get denied then it would be more hard for you at that time.... Just take my foolish advice and keep him in Canada as much as you can... Im here in Jamaica just like a lot of husband been sponsored and I got denied at my interview so we appeal there decision and it took us 2 yrs dealing with the Toronto IAD office.. We won our appeal back in November so im just waiting not to hear from CPC-Ottawa office right now which hopefully will be in January 2016...It going on 4 yrs since my application was put in for sponsorship. A lot of relationship would of diminish but we stuck we stuck it out.... I hope this help you out.....If im wrong please let me know KINGSTON FAMILY THREAD

PS. THE GOVERNMENT JUST EXTENDED THE WORK PERMIT FOR ANOTHER YEAR FOR PPL DEALING WITH INLAND SPONSORSHIP.... WHEN HARPER GOVERNMENT WAS THE RULING PARTY THEY WAS JUST TRYING IT OUT TO GRANT WORK FOR INLAND SPONSORSHIP BECAUSE IT HARD NOT TO WORKING AND WAITING FOR RESIDENT FOR SO LONG AND CANT HELP CONTRIBUTE TO YOU FAMILY WHICH I THINK IS A VERY GOOD IDEA....

MissReeva-Walker

Star Member
Dec 23, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2015
AOR Received.
20-02-2016
Med's Done....
05-12-2015
Maddants said:
Hey MissReeva-Walker......How are you doing today...I don't know if ppl think the same as I do...lol... but in my opinion, this is what I would do.. Since your hubby is there with you right now let him stay there and apply for inland sponsorship and then you can apply for a work permit while the sponsorship application is in...It will take a very long time for inland sponsorship yes but he can get work permit so he can work and contribute to the household. The reason im saying this is because a lot of ppl here on the forum is without there spouse living so far away get frustrated because they are alone trying to keep it together and not losing there minds and it is very costly to be traveling back and forth to be seeing you hubby.... The biggest reason is that if your inland sponsor ship don't go threw you have the option to refile for him with an outland sponsorship so save the outland sponsorship for your back up plan.... You can do an outland sponsorship and he get denied then it would be more hard for you at that time.... Just take my foolish advice and keep him in Canada as much as you can... Im here in Jamaica just like a lot of husband been sponsored and I got denied at my interview so we appeal there decision and it took us 2 yrs dealing with the Toronto IAD office.. We won our appeal back in November so im just waiting not to hear from CPC-Ottawa office right now which hopefully will be in January 2016...It going on 4 yrs since my application was put in for sponsorship. A lot of relationship would of diminish but we stuck we stuck it out.... I hope this help you out.....If im wrong please let me know KINGSTON FAMILY THREAD

PS. THE GOVERNMENT JUST EXTENDED THE WORK PERMIT FOR ANOTHER YEAR FOR PPL DEALING WITH INLAND SPONSORSHIP.... WHEN HARPER GOVERNMENT WAS THE RULING PARTY THEY WAS JUST TRYING IT OUT TO GRANT WORK FOR INLAND SPONSORSHIP BECAUSE IT HARD NOT TO WORKING AND WAITING FOR RESIDENT FOR SO LONG AND CANT HELP CONTRIBUTE TO YOU FAMILY WHICH I THINK IS A VERY GOOD IDEA....

Thank you :) we are on the same wave length!

I made the decision and I am sending it out today, inland. I had already printed and we just signed everything and are heading to the post office express.

Thanks for the replies, I am humbled for the welcome and advice!

MixedChick92

Feb 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON, JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-24-2015
File Transfer...
05-28-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-16-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-15-2016
LANDED..........
07-13-2016
MissReeva-Walker said:
Thank you :) we are on the same wave length!

I made the decision and I am sending it out today, inland. I had already printed and we just signed everything and are heading to the post office express.

Thanks for the replies, I am humbled for the welcome and advice!
I've read back your posts. Please get your husband's son medical done.
If you don't include your husband's son medical in your application, he will never be able to be sponsored by your husband in the future.

lonelydreadswife

Aug 1, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 11 2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
April 14 2015
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Feb 22 2016
VISA ISSUED...
march 11 2016
LANDED..........
april 3 2016
MixedChick92 said:
If you don't include your husband's son medical in your application, he will never be able to be sponsored by your husband in the future.
I did my husbands children medicals right away they will need a passport if they are in ja before they can do a medical if not like maddant said they will never be able to send for them later they also need 8 photos each specific sizes they ask for

torontoblues

Apr 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-15
Doc's Request.
31-05-15 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
March 2015
File Transfer...
24-03-15 (SA)
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
October 22, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 13, 2015
LANDED..........
November 29, 2015
Hey guys...kno i hav been mia but im jus adjusting to life here in canada. Happy for my status but sad for you guys cause i can only imagine wat yall going thru without the hubbies......still wanna wish every1 a merry xmas tho...n i hope the new year is filled with lots of gud news for everyone.

Ps...i think i like it here minus the weather at times ...lol

lonelydreadswife

Aug 1, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 11 2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
April 14 2015
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Feb 22 2016
VISA ISSUED...
march 11 2016
LANDED..........
april 3 2016
torontoblues said:
Hey guys...kno i hav been mia but im jus adjusting to life here in canada. Happy for my status but sad for you guys cause i can only imagine wat yall going thru without the hubbies......still wanna wish every1 a merry xmas tho...n i hope the new year is filled with lots of gud news for everyone.

Ps...i think i like it here minus the weather at times ...lol

Merry Christmas to all praying for good news for all of us in 2016

MissReeva-Walker

Star Member
Dec 23, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2015
AOR Received.
20-02-2016
Med's Done....
05-12-2015
MixedChick92 said:
I talked to our immigration lawyer whom I work for with entertainers I bring up from Jamaica (been 4 weeks trying to reach him and got through today, yay!) He explained that they will ask for his sons medical at a later time. We did my husbands because you need it right away for the OWP, but if you don't apply for the OWP and decide not to do it asap, they will request it at a later date.

Our problem is we cant get his sons mother to budge on anything right now. We had to order the birth certificate seperately as she is being spiteful.

nursewife

Star Member
Aug 26, 2015
MissReeva-Walker said:
I talked to our immigration lawyer whom I work for with entertainers I bring up from Jamaica (been 4 weeks trying to reach him and got through today, yay!) He explained that they will ask for his sons medical at a later time. We did my husbands because you need it right away for the OWP, but if you don't apply for the OWP and decide not to do it asap, they will request it at a later date.

Our problem is we cant get his sons mother to budge on
anything right now. We had to order the birth certificate seperately as she is being spiteful.

Not sure how it works for inland if there is any difference but for us it was mandatory to get my step-son's medical done at the same time as hubby even though he is non-accompanying. We also had difficulty getting the mom to cooperate in the beginning and I had called CIC to find out my options and I was strongly advised not to submit an application for my husband without the medial of my step-son. Eventually in our case she cooperated and we were able to correct spelling errors on the birth certificate apply for a passport and get the medical. But this is just my experience as I said I don't know if there is any difference between inland and outland in terms of that.

Jamaicanadian

Star Member
Nov 15, 2015
Toronto East
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-09-2015
Doc's Request.
RPRF 22-02-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-08-2015
Interview........
11-10-2016
Passport Req..
11-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2016
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!! BLESSED 2016 WHEN IT COMES!!!

MissReeva-Walker

Star Member
Dec 23, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2015
AOR Received.
20-02-2016
Med's Done....
05-12-2015
nursewife said:
Not sure how it works for inland if there is any difference but for us it was mandatory to get my step-son's medical done at the same time as hubby even though he is non-accompanying. We also had difficulty getting the mom to cooperate in the beginning and I had called CIC to find out my options and I was strongly advised not to submit an application for my husband without the medial of my step-son. Eventually in our case she cooperated and we were able to correct spelling errors on the birth certificate apply for a passport and get the medical. But this is just my experience as I said I don't know if there is any difference between inland and outland in terms of that.
Well keep a little prayer for me that it works out ok. I sent it out yesterday with everything except his sons medical.

MissReeva-Walker

Star Member
Dec 23, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2015
AOR Received.
20-02-2016
Med's Done....
05-12-2015
Merry Christmas All!

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Dec. 9, 2011 / Nov. 9, 2015
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
MissReeva-Walker said:
Well keep a little prayer for me that it works out ok. I sent it out yesterday with everything except his sons medical.
that wont be a problem at all...the main thing is that his son name is on the application because if not they wont recognize the son as family class.. you can always get the medical done for your son while the process is going on.... I hope your husband dont have one of the crazy baby mother that is jealous over him and wont let her child migrate to Canada when the time comes..lol..... I read a lot of stories on the forum about things like that and I hear about it too.