waived
Passport Req..
Feb 22 2016
VISA ISSUED...
march 11 2016
LANDED..........
april 3 2016
MissReeva-Walker said:
I talked to our immigration lawyer whom I work for with entertainers I bring up from Jamaica (been 4 weeks trying to reach him and got through today, yay!) He explained that they will ask for his sons medical at a later time. We did my husbands because you need it right away for the OWP, but if you don't apply for the OWP and decide not to do it asap, they will request it at a later date.

Our problem is we cant get his sons mother to budge on anything right now. We had to order the birth certificate seperately as she is being spiteful.
I was told better to send everything in at once than to be requested i have friend that works immigration she said itsless hassel if everything sent inand paid in full

MissReeva-Walker

Star Member
Dec 23, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2015
AOR Received.
20-02-2016
Med's Done....
05-12-2015
lonelydreadswife said:
I was told better to send everything in at once than to be requested i have friend that works immigration she said itsless hassel if everything sent inand paid in full
Yeh, I am not so worried about the hassel of getting it done later as he is here and if it delays a month, whats a month to already 26 when he is here already. Just need his OWP.

I need to talk to my Lawyer as well as he was called for a Tour over the summer in Germany for 2-3 weeks. I know if he has the OWP by then hes able to go out and return back, with risk he can get denied at the boarder and then it cancels the application

lonelydreadswife

Aug 1, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 11 2015
Doc's Request.
CSQ certificate dec 2015 because quebec did not send
AOR Received.
April 14 2015
File Transfer...
june 10 2015 and sept 11 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Feb 11 2015 medical extended until January 2017
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Feb 22 2016
VISA ISSUED...
march 11 2016
LANDED..........
april 3 2016
MissReeva-Walker said:
Yeh, I am not so worried about the hassel of getting it done later as he is here and if it delays a month, whats a month to already 26 when he is here already. Just need his OWP.

I need to talk to my Lawyer as well as he was called for a Tour over the summer in Germany for 2-3 weeks. I know if he has the OWP by then hes able to go out and return back, with risk he can get denied at the boarder and then it cancels the application
Well if son is alreay there no worries

MissReeva-Walker

Star Member
Dec 23, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2015
AOR Received.
20-02-2016
Med's Done....
05-12-2015
lonelydreadswife said:
Well if son is alreay there no worries
Yes my husband is here, his son is in Jamaica with his Mother. He won't be coming until 8 years from now when the kid is done Highschool, living in quebec will be too much and the fight with the mother is not worth it, he can come for college or university. He is on the application and we have sent his Birth Certificate. If they need the medical they will ask for it, but he is not coming

Sara8513

Star Member
Aug 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 18th 2015
Doc's Request.
Additional proof of relationship requested at interview
AOR Received.
March 28th 2015
File Transfer...
May 20th 2015
Med's Request
submitted with application
Med's Done....
March 15th 2015
Interview........
December 3rd 2015
Passport Req..
January 27th 2016
VISA ISSUED...
February 12th 2016
LANDED..........
March 16th 2016
MissReeva-Walker said:
Yes my husband is here, his son is in Jamaica with his Mother. He won't be coming until 8 years from now when the kid is done Highschool, living in quebec will be too much and the fight with the mother is not worth it, he can come for college or university. He is on the application and we have sent his Birth Certificate. If they need the medical they will ask for it, but he is not coming
Not sure if inland is different but my husbands has two daughters. One coming and one not. We had to do everything including medical for both of them upfront. The only difference was we did an extra paper for his daughter who is coming with her mom signing that she was fine with it.

The whole process for the extra daughter added a fair bit of expense.. Birth certificate, passport, 8 pictures and medical all when she is not coming. But it was mandatory so we did it..

Like I said, I don't know if it's different but this is what was expected of us.

MissReeva-Walker

Star Member
Dec 23, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2015
AOR Received.
20-02-2016
Med's Done....
05-12-2015
Sara8513 said:
Not sure if inland is different but my husbands has two daughters. One coming and one not. We had to do everything including medical for both of them upfront. The only difference was we did an extra paper for his daughter who is coming with her mom signing that she was fine with it.

The whole process for the extra daughter added a fair bit of expense.. Birth certificate, passport, 8 pictures and medical all when she is not coming. But it was mandatory so we did it..

Like I said, I don't know if it's different but this is what was expected of us.
Thanks Sara :)

I think inland is different because on my checklist and the instruction guide, it says

"Note: When medical results are submitted up-front, routine cases benefit from faster processing since we do not have to request them at a later date. If you choose to have an upfront medical exam, you must submit proof that you completed the medical examination with your application. Failure to do so may result in processing delays."

When I spoke with an immigration counceller briefly back in Ontario (Before I moved back to Montreal) they told me that because we are applying for an OWP at the same time we needed to do his medical right away and send because they need a medical before giving an OWP.

BUT it does also say regarding his son: "To become permanent residents, you and all your dependent children must complete a medical examination.

If your dependent child is a minor of whom you have joint or sole custody, that child is considered a dependant. The child will have to undergo a medical examination even if he lives with the other parent and will not be joining you in Canada."

So needless to day, I just pray that they will request it when it is needed during there processing even if it tacks on some time. *sigh*

lonelydreadswife

Aug 1, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 11 2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
April 14 2015
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Feb 22 2016
VISA ISSUED...
march 11 2016
LANDED..........
april 3 2016
Sara8513 said:

I did the same thing sara for my husbands two kids

lonelydreadswife

Aug 1, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 11 2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
April 14 2015
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Feb 22 2016
VISA ISSUED...
march 11 2016
LANDED..........
april 3 2016
MissReeva-Walker said:
Thanks Sara :)

I think inland is different because on my checklist and the instruction guide, it says

"Note: When medical results are submitted up-front, routine cases benefit from faster processing since we do not have to request them at a later date. If you choose to have an upfront medical exam, you must submit proof that you completed the medical examination with your application. Failure to do so may result in processing delays."

When I spoke with an immigration counceller briefly back in Ontario (Before I moved back to Montreal) they told me that because we are applying for an OWP at the same time we needed to do his medical right away and send because they need a medical before giving an OWP.

BUT it does also say regarding his son: "To become permanent residents, you and all your dependent children must complete a medical examination.

If your dependent child is a minor of whom you have joint or sole custody, that child is considered a dependant. The child will have to undergo a medical examination even if he lives with the other parent and will not be joining you in Canada."

So needless to day, I just pray that they will request it when it is needed during there processing even if it tacks on some time. *sigh*
Once you are accepted will you have to do the Québec paperwork as well for Csq certificate

MissReeva-Walker

Star Member
Dec 23, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2015
AOR Received.
20-02-2016
Med's Done....
05-12-2015
lonelydreadswife said:
Once you are accepted will you have to do the Québec paperwork as well for Csq certificate
Yes Ive already printed the forms and collecting everything lol. Do I need his police certificate again? I didnt read everything

MelM2015

Star Member
Dec 3, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 27, 2014
Doc's Request.
October 6, 2015
Med's Request
September 9, 2015
Passport Req..
Not required
LANDED..........
December 15, 2015
My husband landed Dec15 inland application. His daughter was listed as non accompanying. Her mom now agrees to let her come. How do we go about it?

MixedChick92

Feb 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON, JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-24-2015
File Transfer...
05-28-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-16-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-15-2016
LANDED..........
07-13-2016
MelM2015 said:
My husband landed Dec15 inland application. His daughter was listed as non accompanying. Her mom now agrees to let her come. How do we go about it?

You'll now have to do an outland application.

MelM2015

Star Member
Dec 3, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 27, 2014
Doc's Request.
October 6, 2015
Med's Request
September 9, 2015
Passport Req..
Not required
LANDED..........
December 15, 2015
MixedChick92 said:
You'll now have to do an outland application.
Okay so the one year window of opportunity only applies to refugees? I'm just wondering why the visa officer said we had one year from the date my husband landed.

MixedChick92

Feb 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON, JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-24-2015
File Transfer...
05-28-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-16-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-15-2016
LANDED..........
07-13-2016
MelM2015 said:
Okay so the one year window of opportunity only applies to refugees? I'm just wondering why the visa officer said we had one year from the date my husband landed.
I don't know how Inland works as my husband application is thru Outland but I assume your application is finalized as your husband has already landed.
As far as I know once it's finalized you have to submit a new application for the non-accompanying child to sponsor to Canada.

lonelydreadswife

Aug 1, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 11 2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
April 14 2015
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Feb 22 2016
VISA ISSUED...
march 11 2016
LANDED..........
april 3 2016
MissReeva-Walker said:
Yes Ive already printed the forms and collecting everything lol. Do I need his police certificate again? I didnt read everything
No i didnt send police certificate i think just passport copie

MissReeva-Walker

Star Member
Dec 23, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2015
AOR Received.
20-02-2016
Med's Done....
05-12-2015
lonelydreadswife said:
No i didnt send police certificate i think just passport copie
Alright Mad, thanks Mumz.
Mi really here a think that maybe we are better fi apply outland while he is here as opposed to inland. Just extend his Visitor Visa again.
Especially because he has a tour come July inna Germany and being on a OWP doesn't guarantee that it will let him back in, plus if they doa let the man back in than we haffi reapply outland anyways.
A true some people a get through under a year?
If you cancel the application, you get the money paid back minus the 75$ or something like so? Mi done send the sumn in already.