Passport Req..
Feb 12 2016
VISA ISSUED...
march 1, 2016
LANDED..........
planning for march 24, 2016
MixedChick92 said:
November 16th 2015 - HubbysWifey
Is that normal what would be the reason for that?

MixedChick92

Feb 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON, JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-24-2015
File Transfer...
05-28-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-16-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-15-2016
LANDED..........
07-13-2016
skoolaz1987 said:
Is that normal what would be the reason for that?
I hate to say it, but yes it is.
Kingston was on a role for PPR for a good two months (Oct-Nov) Before that, they were slow all this year, it seemed like they were issuing one PPR per month (People in this forum)
Now it's slowed down again...
But I think this time it's slowed down because of processing a large amount of refugees in a short time.

lonelydreadswife

Aug 1, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 11 2015
Doc's Request.
CSQ certificate dec 2015 because quebec did not send
AOR Received.
April 14 2015
File Transfer...
june 10 2015 and sept 11 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Feb 11 2015 medical extended until January 2017
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Feb 22 2016
VISA ISSUED...
march 11 2016
LANDED..........
april 3 2016
MixedChick92 said:
I hate to say it, but yes it is.
Kingston was on a role for PPR for a good two months (Oct-Nov) Before that, they were slow all this year, it seemed like they were issuing one PPR per month (People in this forum)
Now it's slowed down again...
But I think this time it's slowed down because of processing a large amount of refugees in a short time.
Well i hope they pick back up again this is getting harder everyday

chucky44

Feb 8, 2015
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
30-06-15
AOR Received.
02-08-15
File Transfer...
31-08-15 and Kingston started Process 9-9-15
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
22-04-15
Interview........
11-08-16 and got interview e-mail 07-07-16
Passport Req..
11-08-16
VISA ISSUED...
11-08-16
LANDED..........
22-08-16
Hello everyone as the new year approach happy new year when it come.Just be patient with Kingston maybe things are slow because the holidays just hope things speed up after the holidays. Beat wishes :) :)

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
Hi! Sorry I havent been on for a few days. Yes, hubby had his jamaican licence. We went to the ministry, he wrote the g1, and then when he passed he booked for his g2 test so he has to go thru the graduated licencing but doesnt have to wait the year in between each level

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
torontoblues said:
Hey guys...kno i hav been mia but im jus adjusting to life here in canada. Happy for my status but sad for you guys cause i can only imagine wat yall going thru without the hubbies......still wanna wish every1 a merry xmas tho...n i hope the new year is filled with lots of gud news for everyone.

Ps...i think i like it here minus the weather at times ...lol
Hey! Glad to hear ur doing well! Was wondering how you were doing!! Good to hear.

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
Hey all, nice to see new people on here. Cant wait for the new year and start hearing more ppr!! I bet after the holiday and everyone back to work around jan 4th we will start hearing some good news!

Hubby got to see some snow yesterday and thought it was a lot, but he hasnt seen anything yet lol. You should see him trying to walk on the snow and ice. Hilarious! Haha. Slipping and sliding everywhere! I just laughed haha.

Im praying for everyone to have news soon. Im ur cheerleader lol. Lets go kingston vo!!

nursewife

Star Member
Aug 26, 2015
shortyp2000 said:
Hi! Sorry I havent been on for a few days. Yes, hubby had his jamaican licence. We went to the ministry, he wrote the g1, and then when he passed he booked for his g2 test so he has to go thru the graduated licencing but doesnt have to wait the year in between each level
Thanks for the heads up now I know what to do. Glad hubby is adjusting well to the snow and all lol. My hubby gets here next week!!!! Can't wait!

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
nursewife said:
Thanks for the heads up now I know what to do. Glad hubby is adjusting well to the snow and all lol. My hubby gets here next week!!!! Can't wait!
Thats amazing!! I bet you are so excited and nervous. Cant wait to hear the landing story!

lonelydreadswife

Aug 1, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 11 2015
Doc's Request.
CSQ certificate dec 2015 because quebec did not send
AOR Received.
April 14 2015
File Transfer...
june 10 2015 and sept 11 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Feb 11 2015 medical extended until January 2017
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Feb 22 2016
VISA ISSUED...
march 11 2016
LANDED..........
april 3 2016
shortyp2000 said:
Thats amazing!! I bet you are so excited and nervous. Cant wait to hear the landing story!

Just wanted to wish everyone a Happy New Years :D hope we all have good news in the New Year and be reunited with our spouses hopefully kingston moves their butts enjoy your night

CBLEKKEN

Apr 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2016
AOR Received.
10-06-2016
File Transfer...
20-07-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
?
Passport Req..
?
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
Happy New Year everyone! All the very best for 2016!

I have a few questions and I'm hoping those with more experience can help me out. First of all, a bit of background: I'm in Canada, hubby is in Jamaica. We have been together a couple years now and we got married this past summer. We are applying for him and his two children to come here (Spousal Sponsorship).

What would you say are the most common mistakes that people make when doing their sponsorship application? We are almost done and hoping to send everything in within a few weeks. However, I'm starting to panic thinking that maybe I'm missing something or not including something (you know how it is when you look at something so long that you don't really see it anymore?) ... maybe I'm just freaking out for nothing but I want to avoid delays for mistakes that could have been avoided.

Did you guys do your own paperwork? I'm perfectly fine doing it myself but I'm considering getting a professional to review everything to ensure it's all good before submitting it, such as an immigration lawyer who sees these things all the time. Has anyone done this? What was your experience?

Another thing - am I right in thinking that it would be best to send in all medicals with the application, or wait? I'm reading here that it speeds up the process if it's all there to begin with (medical checks, fees paid in full, etc) so that they don't have to waste time requesting these things from you when they need them. However, I'm afraid they will expire and they'll have to keep re-doing them depending on how long the process takes.

I want to ensure the smoothest process possible. Thank you all for reading and (hopefully) replying! Have a great weekend :)

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Dec. 9, 2011 / Nov. 9, 2015
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
CBLEKKEN said:

I have a few questions and I'm hoping those with more experience can help me out. First of all, a bit of background: I'm in Canada, hubby is in Jamaica. We have been together a couple years now and we got married this past summer. We are applying for him and his two children to come here (Spousal Sponsorship).

What would you say are the most common mistakes that people make when doing their sponsorship application? We are almost done and hoping to send everything in within a few weeks. However, I'm starting to panic thinking that maybe I'm missing something or not including something (you know how it is when you look at something so long that you don't really see it anymore?) ... maybe I'm just freaking out for nothing but I want to avoid delays for mistakes that could have been avoided.

Did you guys do your own paperwork? I'm perfectly fine doing it myself but I'm considering getting a professional to review everything to ensure it's all good before submitting it, such as an immigration lawyer who sees these things all the time. Has anyone done this? What was your experience?

Another thing - am I right in thinking that it would be best to send in all medicals with the application, or wait? I'm reading here that it speeds up the process if it's all there to begin with (medical checks, fees paid in full, etc) so that they don't have to waste time requesting these things from you when they need them. However, I'm afraid they will expire and they'll have to keep re-doing them depending on how long the process takes.

I want to ensure the smoothest process possible. Thank you all for reading and (hopefully) replying! Have a great weekend :)
Hey Cblekken..... Welcome to the kingston thread. To address your concerns about the process. The most common mistakes i see happen to alot of ppl is that they forget to sign there signature somewhere on the application forms since the have to sign a few places. Try and send in all the medical with your application because they can extend the medical for you if its going to expire and if you can pay all the fees then pay it but you dont have to if you dont have the money for it because you can pay the permanent resident fee anytime in the process before they request it from you.... most ppl do there application on there own to save them money for lawyers but if you want a lawyer to check your application for you go ahead because it wont hurt you at all.... Just remember everyone application is different and it really depends on the visa officer that dealing with your application. some ppl get there visa faster than some ppl so you can be one of the lucky one to get threw quicker than some or you can be the unlucky one that take a longer time than other ppl. I hope this help you out... Try send as much evidence to prove that your relationship is genuine. Good Luck with your application............................................Maddants

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
CBLEKKEN said:

Hi!
Welcome to our thread! I would say to make sure you are aware of all fees, and do the paperwork yourself unless there are circumstances that you may need legal advice with.
It doesnt actually speed up the process to have everything paid and medicals/police check in, it just makes sure that they dont have to request them from you, which would create a delay.
If you have any questions, ask here, we will help. Any documentation that helps to show your relationship is genuine is good (even if its a letter from a friend who can state they know you and your hubby and you guys are legit).