+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kingston,Jamaica

TheMitchells

Feb 24, 2015
Hello everyone I should be sleeping but I'm too excited as I just booked our flights to Canada!!!! My husband is in Jamaica and will be flying to Florida to meet up with me because I'm here visiting my brother and his wife while we waited for him to get the passport back, anyways he will be flying here and we will be flying into Toronto then flying over to Our final destination Vancouver Island, however I had a question.....at our port of entry in Toronto what type of questioned will you be asked? My husband and all his co workers were arrested about 5 years ago under suspicion of theft, he was put in jail but then released when they found out who had committed the crime, he was never convicted or anything but I was wondering if this will be a problem.

His police record check was completely clean and we were never asked any questions about it this whole time. When asked on the application if he has ever been to jail, convicted of a crime or charged we answered yes and then explain in the space below and nothing was brought up. So we were just wondering if anyone could give a little insight/peace of mind on this matter, that would be great!

The crime question was on his COPR paper that's the only reason why I ask.....thanks guys

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
TheMitchells said:
Hello everyone I should be sleeping but I'm too excited as I just booked our flights to Canada!!!! My husband is in Jamaica and will be flying to Florida to meet up with me because I'm here visiting my brother and his wife while we waited for him to get the passport back, anyways he will be flying here and we will be flying into Toronto then flying over to Our final destination Vancouver Island, however I had a question.....at our port of entry in Toronto what type of questioned will you be asked? My husband and all his co workers were arrested about 5 years ago under suspicion of theft, he was put in jail but then released when they found out who had committed the crime, he was never convicted or anything but I was wondering if this will be a problem.

His police record check was completely clean and we were never asked any questions about it this whole time. When asked on the application if he has ever been to jail, convicted of a crime or charged we answered yes and then explain in the space below and nothing was brought up. So we were just wondering if anyone could give a little insight/peace of mind on this matter, that would be great!

The crime question was on his COPR paper that's the only reason why I ask.....thanks guys
Congrats!!!

When he's asked the question tell him to say NO!!! If he says yes they can deny him still. It want on his police check so he's good to go

TheMitchells

Feb 24, 2015
jacwife said:
Hello Jamfam ,

Just wanted to apologise for taking so long to update you guys. got so caught up in hubbys arrival and preparing for him....I have been so busy , my routine has completely changed which I welcome with open arms.

we picked up pp from dhl and booked ticket five days later. hubby landed on the 10th. my sister and I went to pick him up. I had to leave from work and head straight for the airport . we waited for over an hour and a half for him to come out from immigration. I was a little nervous as I was thinking what was taking so long. anyways, I tried to relax and chatted with my sister. so finally he came out and of course my sister started screaming first.....then he gave me the biggest, tightest hug and kiss and said "baby Ive missed you so much". I was just so numb, tears flowing out of my eyes like a river, just couldn't belive he was actually on Canadian soil.. he said immigration was a breeze , no questions but there was a long line up of other Mexican and chineee immigrants so that's why it took so long to come out. we headed to the parking lot to pay for our ticket, took pictures and drove home. he kept saying how multicultural it is and how big everything looks. we stopped at tim hortons and he loves the coffee there. its been almost two weeks now and we are so happy to finally be together as a couple. its amazing coming home and dinner is on the table or even simple things such as grocery shopping together. the immigration ordeal is finally behind us and everyone is so supportive and happy that we are finally together.

I just want to say a tremendous thank you to everyone on this forum especially sammystorm, Meljam, THOR, bieuramane, guyanese24, steen, stacyr320, mrs. wright, mrs. parkin and to anyone else that I have missed .....a big shout out of thanks to you all!!!!!! :D ;D ;D. you guys have truly made this journey easier . I spent the first two and a half years of my marriage so frustrated and stressed out with his immigration process. it was so tough. people judge you, even family members because at first they didn't understand. finding this forum and getting the advice and feedback from you guys kept me sane. i cant say thank you enough. To those who are still waiting , keep the faith , it will come to an end and when it does , you wont even have time to remember it. will definitely check in from time to time on here and offer any support i can in anyway. anyways, have to stop writing now as hubby is at the dinner table waiting for me to start eating......telling me the dinner is getting cold....lol :D :D

They did not ask any questions. Did he get a CPR paper for them to fill out? Like have u ever been arrested or convected etc.

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
jamesyboo said:
Hello everyone Im new to the forum tried to introduce myself before but I guess I was ober looked. I have a question did POS send anything back to Kingston for anyone because I want to know the mailing time frame please.
Hello and welcome jamesyboo! Apologies if you were overlooked. What exactly are your questions / advise that you asked?

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
Leshatesha said:
Hello everyone,
I have suffered a great loss this week. I had a miscarriage. I have been home resting. I just got a call from our lawyer stating that kingston has requested an interview for my husband. I have to go pick up the letter tomorrow with the list of documents they need. Any tips on what to expect. I am so emotionally drained, I don't think I can go through anymore bad news right now in my life
I am so sorry to hear about your loss Leshatesha. Tell your husband to not be nervous and bring in additional proof since you applied. Did the letter specifically ask for anything to be brought in? Did they tell him to bring his passport as well? When is the interview scheduled for? I am sure that someone that has gone through the interview phase already may be able to provide more insight. PM some that have gone the interview process in case they do not come on the forum too often. Off the top of my head I believe Lexi and Stacy both had interviews so they may be able to help. Check the spreadsheet to see who else. Good luck and keep us posted.

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
Mrs.B angel said:
Hello peeps ;D ; ;) ;D

Exciting news!! I got confirmation today from CIC that my application was approved and was forwarded to the office back home in Jamaica. I sent the application on the 11/25/14. Hope all goes well, thanks everyone for the help. @ MelJam u can update the timesheet for me and its for my husband.

I'LL keep you guys posted. ;D
Congrats MrsBAngel....your process has officially begun. Good luck and be patient which I know if easier said than done.

Leshatesha

Star Member
Jul 14, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The interview is scheduled for March 11
They have requested:
Birth certificate
Marriage certificate
Divorce certificate
Police certificate
RPRF
Passport

I don't know what to think anymore. Kingston recieved the application August 5, 2014. I was not expecting any news until after 1 year of them receiving the application. I will be going down to Jamaica that week. I booked the trip based on what happening with me personally. It just so happens they have requested an interview that same week. I am numb right now. I can't think about this. I need my husband more than ever. I am a crying hot mess

Jessie2014

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 29, 2014
Doc's Request.
Additional photos, police clearance and FBI redo requested February 17, 2015/FBI REDO SINCE FIRST TWO WERE INCORRECT. RECEIVED IN MARCH 29
File Transfer...
July 24, 2014
Med's Done....
March 26, 2014 (Received as per CIC)
Passport Req..
July 24, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 4, 2015
Good afternoon everyone. Recently my husband was asked to redo fbi for the us and obtain a police certificate for Jamaica. The U.S. provided him with a set of fingerprints to be sent to Jamaica and he has to pick up the certificate for the U.S fbi clearance in a week. Since the jamaican clearance takes about a week to get done.would it be wise to send the fingerprints to Jamaica from now and send the us clearance later? Or must they be sent together? we were asked to have everything done by april 17. Thanks everyone

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
TheMitchells said:

They did not ask any questions. Did he get a CPR paper for them to fill out? Like have u ever been arrested or convected etc.
They will ask some questions like where are you living, what does your spouse do and some general stuff. Yes they will ask him if he's committed a crime before and as I stated he should say no.

You don't fill out anything on the corp. that's all done when he's at immigration at the airport. They won't know about his past charge....believe me. If it's not on his police clearance then he's good to go. It's up to you though if you want him to say yes. That's the risk you take. Cic wouldn't have allowed him his visa if it was on his police check still and CBSA - Canadian Border Services- asks all new immigrants the crime question. I know MANY that have been arrested a d have said no when crossing because they can be Denied still by CBSA.

I'm just trying to help you out here....if you want more info you can PM me and I will give you some more details. However your husband will be fine saying No

jamesyboo

Feb 10, 2015
POS said my husband did not sign his police record check and sent it by regular mai. I was wondering if anyone knows the mailing time frame from POS to Kingston

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
jamesyboo said:
POS said my husband did not sign his police record check and sent it by regular mai. I was wondering if anyone knows the mailing time frame from POS to Kingston
If it's by regular mail it would take a week or weeks. All depends on the service between the island.

Jessie2014

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 29, 2014
Doc's Request.
Additional photos, police clearance and FBI redo requested February 17, 2015/FBI REDO SINCE FIRST TWO WERE INCORRECT. RECEIVED IN MARCH 29
File Transfer...
July 24, 2014
Med's Done....
March 26, 2014 (Received as per CIC)
Passport Req..
July 24, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 4, 2015
Leshatesha said:
The interview is scheduled for March 11
They have requested:
Birth certificate
Marriage certificate
Divorce certificate
Police certificate
RPRF
Passport

I don't know what to think anymore. Kingston recieved the application August 5, 2014. I was not expecting any news until after 1 year of them receiving the application. I will be going down to Jamaica that week. I booked the trip based on what happening with me personally. It just so happens they have requested an interview that same week. I am numb right now. I can't think about this. I need my husband more than ever. I am a crying hot mess
Keep the faith hun. We are rooting for you guys!

suzanne2014

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-02-2015 lost sent second one they recieved it May 13
AOR Received.
13-06-2015
File Transfer...
13-07-2015
Med's Done....
20-01-2015
When you get approved too sponsor your husband do they send you a letter or email???