18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
suzanne2014 said:
When you get approved too sponsor your husband do they send you a letter or email???
Either one. If you have an email address on there they will most likely email you. If you just sent in your app though the wait time for approval is over 80 days. So you won't hear anything until then.

Leshatesha

Star Member
Jul 14, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We sent in the divorce certificate with the application. Does anyone know if the divorce order would be sufficient?

npepper1

Oct 10, 2014
Hi,

I am sending in an application for my conjugal spouse, boyfriend, who has 4 children, dependants, none of whom are accompanying and two of whom has his surname but his name is not listed on their birth certificates. He may add his name to their birth certificates, but at a much later date.

Should I include those 2 children on the application?
How do I include them?

None of the 4 children have a valid passport. Should I wait until the passports have been issued to send in this application?

I also do not have the notarized form from their mom's to authorize them to travel. Would I need that form for the 2 that does not have his name on their birth certificates?

Finally, I have copies of birth certificates for the 2 children that has his name listed. Would it be okay to send that in with the rest of my application, which is complete and send in a letter to advise of the things to follow. Do you think that the missing items would allow immigration to deny me the sponsorship?

Thank you for any help you can offer.

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
Leshatesha said:
We sent in the divorce certificate with the application. Does anyone know if the divorce order would be sufficient?
I sent my divorce certificate and it was fine...actually it was just a copy of it.

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
npepper1 said:
Hi,

I am sending in an application for my conjugal spouse, boyfriend, who has 4 children, dependants, none of whom are accompanying and two of whom has his surname but his name is not listed on their birth certificates. He may add his name to their birth certificates, but at a much later date.

Should I include those 2 children on the application?
How do I include them?

None of the 4 children have a valid passport. Should I wait until the passports have been issued to send in this application?

I also do not have the notarized form from their mom's to authorize them to travel. Would I need that form for the 2 that does not have his name on their birth certificates?

Finally, I have copies of birth certificates for the 2 children that has his name listed. Would it be okay to send that in with the rest of my application, which is complete and send in a letter to advise of the things to follow. Do you think that the missing items would allow immigration to deny me the sponsorship?

Thank you for any help you can offer.
Is your boyfriend Jamaican? It's going to be very hard to prove conjugal if he isn't from a country where you guys can't get married. If you have lived together for more than 365 days straight then you can apply as common law. Check the definition of both before you apply.

He needs to add all kids to the applications even if they aren't going to come with him. If he doesn't he will NEVER be able to sponsor the ones that aren't added. You will need photocopies of their passports and they will also need Medicals done. So their mothers might need to give permission. If the moms don't you still add them and send a letter explaining that the moms won't co-operate in getting passports/Medicals.

npepper1

Oct 10, 2014
sammystorm19 said:
Is your boyfriend Jamaican? It's going to be very hard to prove conjugal if he isn't from a country where you guys can't get married. If you have lived together for more than 365 days straight then you can apply as common law. Check the definition of both before you apply.

He needs to add all kids to the applications even if they aren't going to come with him. If he doesn't he will NEVER be able to sponsor the ones that aren't added. You will need photocopies of their passports and they will also need Medicals done. So their mothers might need to give permission. If the moms don't you still add them and send a letter explaining that the moms won't co-operate in getting passports/Medicals.
Yes, he is Jamaican but is going through a divorce so we can't get married. I want to start this process ASAP because I know it's a long one. The country specific family class form said that the birth certificate must name the parent so I'm just wondering since he's not listed on 2 of the children's birth certificate if I can still include them.

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
npepper1 said:
Yes, he is Jamaican but is going through a divorce so we can't get married. I want to start this process ASAP because I know it's a long one. The country specific family class form said that the birth certificate must name the parent so I'm just wondering since he's not listed on 2 of the children's birth certificate if I can still include them.
You won't be approved as conjugal as there is no reason that is stopping you from getting married. He will need to wait until his divorce is final before you guys apply, you will need to get married or apply as common law if you have lived together for more than 365 days straight. Please check the definition of conjugal before you think about applying. It will just waste time if you do. Conjugal is VERY hard to prove unless you are both from a country where marriage isn't allowed. I'm just giving you the facts and honest truth. You can choose to do what you want. The process is long however some people that applied last year have gotten through already.

His name doesn't need to be on there however they may ask for DNA tests if he does choose to sponsor them to come to Canada.

LaLa320

Star Member
Jan 23, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo/Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 14, 2014
Doc's Request.
09-06-15
AOR Received.
SA received, Dec. 11, 2014, AOR, Dec. 18, 2014
File Transfer...
Dec. 11, 2014
Med's Request
Med's sent in with app, requested again 09-06-15
Med's Done....
May 20, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
9-9-15
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-15
npepper1 said:
You do not need to have the mother fill out the notarized form of authorization to travel if they are non-accompanying (that form is for Hatian nationals -- see page A-3, question #8 of forms IMM 3909). The only thing you require is their birth certificates, medicals and the 8 immigration photos of each child. And I believe you need a photocopy of their passports. This is needed in case your husband chooses to sponsor them in the future.

If the mother of the children is refusing to allow medicals, like Sammystorm said, you will need to send a letter explaining that. CIC may then ask your husband to provide custody agreements or a notarized letter from the mother of his children explaining that she is not allowing medicals to be done on her children.

I hope this helps!

npepper1

Oct 10, 2014
LaLa320 said:
You do not need to have the mother fill out the notarized form of authorization to travel if they are non-accompanying (that form is for Hatian nationals -- see page A-3, question #8 of forms IMM 3909). The only thing you require is their birth certificates, medicals and the 8 immigration photos of each child. And I believe you need a photocopy of their passports. This is needed in case your husband chooses to sponsor them in the future.

If the mother of the children is refusing to allow medicals, like Sammystorm said, you will need to send a letter explaining that. CIC may then ask your husband to provide custody agreements or a notarized letter from the mother of his children explaining that she is not allowing medicals to be done on her children.

I hope this helps!
Thank you sammystorm19 and LaLa320 for the help and advise. I'm going to review and consider. I really appreciate it.

LaLa320

Star Member
Jan 23, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo/Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 14, 2014
Doc's Request.
09-06-15
AOR Received.
SA received, Dec. 11, 2014, AOR, Dec. 18, 2014
File Transfer...
Dec. 11, 2014
Med's Request
Med's sent in with app, requested again 09-06-15
Med's Done....
May 20, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
9-9-15
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-15
npepper1 said:
Thank you sammystorm19 and LaLa320 for the help and advise. I'm going to review and consider. I really appreciate it.
No Problem! I hope everything works out for you!

dlmo77

Star Member
Jan 19, 2013
Brampton ON
Category........
Visa Office......
KGTN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 26 2012
Doc's Request.
ARC request Feb 12 2014
AOR Received.
Sept 19 2012
File Transfer...
Aug 26 2012
Med's Request
Sept 21 2013/medical redo/ police redo/ marriage cert/all supporting docs
Med's Done....
July 15 2012/ Sept 21 2013
Interview........
Oct 7 2013
Passport Req..
Feb 17 2015
Monday morning....
Waiting for return tracking as the embassy actually called us Friday to let us know it would be returning back on Mondays post ...

I hope this is the end of this 3 year process and life can move forward.
Longest hardest 3 years I can never get back but am so blessed to be at this moment at the crossroads

May all you be well and take care.
I wish everyone love in their future.

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
dlmo77 said:
Monday morning....
Waiting for return tracking as the embassy actually called us Friday to let us know it would be returning back on Mondays post ...

Longest hardest 3 years I can never get back but am so blessed to be at this moment at the crossroads

Nice congrats !! Im really happy for you! I will update spreadsheet and come back for landing story ! :)

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
dlmo77 said:
Monday morning....

DLMO I am so happy that this extremely long and brutal journey is nearing an end for you!! Please keep us posted and of course will look forward to your landing story.

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
npepper1 said:
Welcome to the JAMFAM Npepper! Sammy and Lala are right, you need to ensure that you are filing correctly otherwise it will just cost you time, money and a ton of frustration. If you haven't been living with him continually you will not be able to successfully file conjugal or common law. As for the kids you should include them all with passports and medicals even if they are not accompanying him. In the future if he ever (or they ever) wants them to come they will not be considered. When I filed for my husband we didn't have his child's passport so we filed and I wrote a letter to include with the package saying that he is a non-accompanying minor and his passport and medical will follow at a later date. We sent it in about 3 months later with an explanation. When I received my notes I saw a note saying that "child is non accompanying but his passport and medical will follow as per the sponsor's letter of explanation". Then later notes I got showed that his medical and information was received and they assigned his son a UCI as well.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Jessie2014

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 29, 2014
Doc's Request.
Additional photos, police clearance and FBI redo requested February 17, 2015/FBI REDO SINCE FIRST TWO WERE INCORRECT. RECEIVED IN MARCH 29
File Transfer...
July 24, 2014
Med's Done....
March 26, 2014 (Received as per CIC)
Passport Req..
July 24, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 4, 2015
For those of you who were asked to submit documents such as phone call logs, messages, ect...what did you find easier and most successful to produce?

For one we mostly use Google Voice to call each other, and the few phone calls are bunched together with other numbers on the bill - all of which are noneditable pdfs. Anyone have any suggestions for us please? :)

Also, looking into printing 3 years worth of facebook messages. I definitely want to include all necessaries, but don't want to go overboard if it's not neccessary. Any thoughts JAMFAM/