App. Filed.......
06-02-2015 lost sent second one they recieved it May 13
AOR Received.
13-06-2015
File Transfer...
13-07-2015
Med's Done....
20-01-2015
I got a question I am down on vacation in Jamaica and I brought down my application so we could finish the application down here.. anyway I posted it from Jamaica and I have a tracking # but I can only track it as far as canada and it has reached Canada.. I called immigration today and its not showing on there system yet.. how long does it take too show?? I sent it Feb 3rd and it reached Canada 2 days later.

guyanese24

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2014 (return as cic updated 2 forms) resummited -Sept 09th 2014- All fees were paid, medical,police check,skype,photos etc summited with app.
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
Oct 23, 2014- Sponsor Approved Letter
File Transfer...
Sept 09th 2014, Husband got email Nov 3rd,2014 from POS stating they have recieved his app.
Med's Request
Medical Recieved by POS Dec 2014-In Process Dec 11th 2014
Med's Done....
June 2014
Interview........
Waive
Passport Req..
Dec-16-2014- Thank you God (CIC Receive passport dec 18th)
VISA ISSUED...
Feb -05-15, Passport in hand Feb 12th 2015
LANDED..........
Pending - March 07th 2015
Assistance needed. Does anyone know if first time landed immigtants have OHIP coverage or do they have to wait after 3 months.

jacwife

Star Member
Apr 7, 2014
Hello Jamfam ,

Just wanted to apologise for taking so long to update you guys. got so caught up in hubbys arrival and preparing for him....I have been so busy , my routine has completely changed which I welcome with open arms.

we picked up pp from dhl and booked ticket five days later. hubby landed on the 10th. my sister and I went to pick him up. I had to leave from work and head straight for the airport . we waited for over an hour and a half for him to come out from immigration. I was a little nervous as I was thinking what was taking so long. anyways, I tried to relax and chatted with my sister. so finally he came out and of course my sister started screaming first.....then he gave me the biggest, tightest hug and kiss and said "baby Ive missed you so much". I was just so numb, tears flowing out of my eyes like a river, just couldn't belive he was actually on Canadian soil.. he said immigration was a breeze , no questions but there was a long line up of other Mexican and chineee immigrants so that's why it took so long to come out. we headed to the parking lot to pay for our ticket, took pictures and drove home. he kept saying how multicultural it is and how big everything looks. we stopped at tim hortons and he loves the coffee there. its been almost two weeks now and we are so happy to finally be together as a couple. its amazing coming home and dinner is on the table or even simple things such as grocery shopping together. the immigration ordeal is finally behind us and everyone is so supportive and happy that we are finally together.

I just want to say a tremendous thank you to everyone on this forum especially sammystorm, Meljam, THOR, bieuramane, guyanese24, steen, stacyr320, mrs. wright, mrs. parkin and to anyone else that I have missed .....a big shout out of thanks to you all!!!!!! :D ;D ;D. you guys have truly made this journey easier . I spent the first two and a half years of my marriage so frustrated and stressed out with his immigration process. it was so tough. people judge you, even family members because at first they didn't understand. finding this forum and getting the advice and feedback from you guys kept me sane. i cant say thank you enough. To those who are still waiting , keep the faith , it will come to an end and when it does , you wont even have time to remember it. will definitely check in from time to time on here and offer any support i can in anyway. anyways, have to stop writing now as hubby is at the dinner table waiting for me to start eating......telling me the dinner is getting cold....lol :D :D

jacwife

Star Member
Apr 7, 2014
guyanese24 said:
Assistance needed. Does anyone know if first time landed immigtants have OHIP coverage or do they have to wait after 3 months.

I went to the service Ontario office and they told us that we have to wait three months. you can submit the forms ahead of time but the card wont be issued until its been three month since landing date.

guyanese24

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2014 (return as cic updated 2 forms) resummited -Sept 09th 2014- All fees were paid, medical,police check,skype,photos etc summited with app.
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Sept 09th 2014, Husband got email Nov 3rd,2014 from POS stating they have recieved his app.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
June 2014
Interview........
Waive
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
jacwife said:
I went to the service Ontario office and they told us that we have to wait three months. you can submit the forms ahead of time but the card wont be issued until its been three month since landing date.
thank you

guyanese24

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
June 2014
Interview........
Waive
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
jacwife said:
Hello Jamfam ,

Just wanted to apologise for taking so long to update you guys. got so caught up in hubbys arrival and preparing for him....I have been so busy , my routine has completely changed which I welcome with open arms.

we picked up pp from dhl and booked ticket five days later. hubby landed on the 10th. my sister and I went to pick him up. I had to leave from work and head straight for the airport . we waited for over an hour and a half for him to come out from immigration. I was a little nervous as I was thinking what was taking so long. anyways, I tried to relax and chatted with my sister. so finally he came out and of course my sister started screaming first.....then he gave me the biggest, tightest hug and kiss and said "baby Ive missed you so much". I was just so numb, tears flowing out of my eyes like a river, just couldn't belive he was actually on Canadian soil.. he said immigration was a breeze , no questions but there was a long line up of other Mexican and chineee immigrants so that's why it took so long to come out. we headed to the parking lot to pay for our ticket, took pictures and drove home. he kept saying how multicultural it is and how big everything looks. we stopped at tim hortons and he loves the coffee there. its been almost two weeks now and we are so happy to finally be together as a couple. its amazing coming home and dinner is on the table or even simple things such as grocery shopping together. the immigration ordeal is finally behind us and everyone is so supportive and happy that we are finally together.

I just want to say a tremendous thank you to everyone on this forum especially sammystorm, Meljam, THOR, bieuramane, guyanese24, steen, stacyr320, mrs. wright, mrs. parkin and to anyone else that I have missed .....a big shout out of thanks to you all!!!!!! :D ;D ;D. you guys have truly made this journey easier . I spent the first two and a half years of my marriage so frustrated and stressed out with his immigration process. it was so tough. people judge you, even family members because at first they didn't understand. finding this forum and getting the advice and feedback from you guys kept me sane. i cant say thank you enough. To those who are still waiting , keep the faith , it will come to an end and when it does , you wont even have time to remember it. will definitely check in from time to time on here and offer any support i can in anyway. anyways, have to stop writing now as hubby is at the dinner table waiting for me to start eating......telling me the dinner is getting cold....lol :D :D
awwww so happy for u hon and reading your landing story brought tears to my eyes. I dont think you could have said it any better as the level of frustration always hit us but this forum is a savior indeed. Cheers to you and the family and hubby is coming soon.

Mrs. Wright

Dec 3, 2014
jacwife said:
Hello Jamfam ,

I'm so happy for you girl and I agree about the grocery shopping, its the little things that make me smile :D...Cheers to the rest of ur journey together!!

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
jacwife said:
Hello Jamfam ,

Welcome/Bienvenue to Canada Mr. Jacwife!!!

What a lovely landing story and I love it that hubby was at table waiting to eat while you updated us :) You are very welcome for the support and encouragement. This is what this forum is about. Please keep us posted on hubby's adjustment to life in Canada. He came at the perfect time to experience the brutal cold....brrrr!!

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
guyanese24 said:
You are from Ontario right? When we went to Service Ontario we were told that we need to go back and apply for OHIP once he has a piece of mail from a bank, utility, etc. We got him a bank account and his bank statement came in last week so now we will go to Service Ontario again. BUT he is not eligible for OHIP for 3 months. I did buy him a basic medical insurance plan for the 3 months just in case which we hope to not have to use.

Roxie-B

Jun 23, 2014
Hi everyone,

The forum has been so quiet of late.

Nobody don't hear anything from Kingston yet?

It's like they're at a crawl now. They were booming end of last year and now its back to lazy mode. :(

hmmmm?

suzanne2014

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-02-2015 lost sent second one they recieved it May 13
AOR Received.
13-06-2015
File Transfer...
13-07-2015
Med's Done....
20-01-2015
I'm still waiting for my in Canada application too get cancelled I sent the request Dec 13 2014 and I sent in my outland one Feb 4th 2015 so I'm hoping the inland one cancels soon...

guyanese24

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
June 2014
Interview........
Waive
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Twoheartsonelove said:
You are from Ontario right? When we went to Service Ontario we were told that we need to go back and apply for OHIP once he has a piece of mail from a bank, utility, etc. We got him a bank account and his bank statement came in last week so now we will go to Service Ontario again. BUT he is not eligible for OHIP for 3 months. I did buy him a basic medical insurance plan for the 3 months just in case which we hope to not have to use.

Correct we I am in Ontario, that's good to know, we will open his bank account on Monday March 10th so well go to service Ontario after. yea my travel agent mention to me the basic medical insurance plan would be best. thanks hon :D

ofia

Nov 17, 2014
Visa Office......
kingston
App. Filed.......
Sept. 7 2018
Med's Done....
14-11-13
Hey everyone just some update on my case. We were denied, said my hubby didn't pay back social assistant which he basically the same week my case started processing. A letter was sent to hubby from z social assistant sayin his case was covered which he sent to Mississauga along with as cover letter which they didn't forward to Kingston. We wont be appealing. All letters will b send to Kingston along with a cover letter

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
ofia said:
Hey everyone just some update on my case. We were denied, said my hubby didn't pay back social assistant which he basically the same week my case started processing. A letter was sent to hubby from z social assistant sayin his case was covered which he sent to Mississauga along with as cover letter which they didn't forward to Kingston. We wont be appealing. All letters will b send to Kingston along with a cover letter
I'm sorry to hear this....however how was your hubby approved as a sponsor if this was outstanding? He wouldn't have been unless he collected social assistance after he applied to sponsor you and Kingston did another check on him. Any case once the decision has been made they won't reverse it. You are better off applying again or appealing it. Appealing it would most likely take longer than reapplying. Wish you all the best and hope it does work out for you