+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***KINGSTON, JAMAICA **New Application**(as of Dec 7, 2016)***

Neikabless

Jun 8, 2018
Hey all. Newbie here. Not sponsoring a spouse but I’ve been reading a lot of the posts. Here’s my story. I did the inland sponsorship of my husband 10.5 years ago after dating him for 6 months. He was already in Canada illegally for 5 years before we met. Anyways we got a lawyer and everything went so smooth which we were worried about since he was here illegally. Now 10.5 years later we’re still married with a 9year old son, became citizens, bought our home 2 years ago.
When we did his sponsorship, we had included his daughter on the application not to come to Canada to live (she’s an only child for her mother so there’s no way she would send her child) anyways his daughters mom passed away a year ago and we’re now in the process of having her here hopefully within the next couple of weeks. Her application has been at KVO since April 9.

Anyways, moral of my story is some men give Jamaican men especially a bad name because most leave the minute they get their PR but I can tell you that they’re not all bad.

Also I was really surprised that my husband got his stay here in Canada since he’s 10 years older than me but I think it helped us a lot because I was pregnant when we applied.

chanban

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
How do they know how many years you have been driving. I'm going to take my husband in and get his license switched over.

Hey the original issue date of your DL is on the back of the license. That will determine how long you have been driving ..

chanban

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
I' new here, I'm in winnipeg awaiting spousal sponshorship I have my Jamaican D/L which was expired in 2016 do i have to go through the whole driving process and wait 9 months to be driving on my own??

I do know that in order to qualify for the exchange program for DL the DL must be valid, one of the qualifications for it to be considered "valid" is that it must not be expired. I would recommend if you can, renew your DL in Jamaica and then do the exchange, otherwise you might have to go through the entire Canadian process. Call the DMV and ask though, sometimes you might get an exception.

chanban

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
I' new here, I'm in winnipeg awaiting spousal sponshorship I have my Jamaican D/L which was expired in 2016 do i have to go through the whole driving process and wait 9 months to be driving on my own??

Also note that the rules in Manitoba might be different than Ontario so I would call your local DMV and inquire.

Teddyhlc

Star Member
Feb 3, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
KVO
App. Filed.......
04-04-2018
Doc's Request.
14-05-2018
AOR Received.
10-05-2018
File Transfer...
26-05-2018
Med's Request
14-05-2018
Med's Done....
24-05-2018
Interview........
07-11-2018
Passport Req..
07-11-2018
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2018
LANDED..........
12-07-2018
Just a question for the veteran members, for those of us that just got our AOR2 and file processing date, will we hear anything over the summer, or will it more then likely be into September/October that we hear if anything from CIC @ KVO?

Reactions: Bubbles21

MixedChick92

Feb 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON, JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-24-2015
File Transfer...
05-28-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-16-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-15-2016
LANDED..........
07-13-2016
Hey all,

I'm from the old Kingston Thread,
What are the current processing times now? I know the website has a timeframe, but is Kingston moving faster or slower then the posted time frame?
My husband is now sponsoring his daughter.

Neikabless

Jun 8, 2018
Hey all,

I'm from the old Kingston Thread,
What are the current processing times now? I know the website has a timeframe, but is Kingston moving faster or slower then the posted time frame?
My husband is now sponsoring his daughter.
We started our processing February 1st. It was going really fast but now it’s come to a halt. It’s been at KVO since April 9th. Hoping to hear this week. My stepdaughter is getting really impatient which I understand since her mom passed away.

MixedChick92

Feb 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON, JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-24-2015
File Transfer...
05-28-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-16-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-15-2016
LANDED..........
07-13-2016
We started our processing February 1st. It was going really fast but now it’s come to a halt. It’s been at KVO since April 9th. Hoping to hear this week. My stepdaughter is getting really impatient which I understand since her mom passed away.
Thank you for the quick reply :) This will be the second time going thru this frustrating process. We're hoping to send her application off
within a month.

Neikabless

Jun 8, 2018
Thank you for the quick reply :) This will be the second time going thru this frustrating process. We're hoping to send her application off
within a month.
2nd time for us as well. Both times we’ve used a lawyer. Did Inland sponsorship 10 years ago. My husband and I HATE paperwork.

Belle Ginou

Mar 20, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
March 17 2017
AOR Received.
March 28 2017
File Transfer...
June 6 2017
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
June 3 2016 Passed and Extended
Interview........
November 2 2017
Passport Req..
November 2 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
Hey everyone in the process and or has reunited with families! For those that have dependent children accompanying spouse, can the non accompanying parent still get a visa either Trv or Pr because children (Pr status)are in Canada. As step mother I have been raising them since very young,but now things have changed. The BM is trying to fight and reverse documents in the court in JA. My husband has a few forms to sign. She has signed papers but she magically got money to pay for a lawyer. We are travelling back to sort this out. But was curious if she went to embassy what would happen

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey everyone in the process and or has reunited with families! For those that have dependent children accompanying spouse, can the non accompanying parent still get a visa either Trv or Pr because children (Pr status)are in Canada. As step mother I have been raising them since very young,but now things have changed. The BM is trying to fight and reverse documents in the court in JA. My husband has a few forms to sign. She has signed papers but she magically got money to pay for a lawyer. We are travelling back to sort this out. But was curious if she went to embassy what would happen

Her application for TRV will always be dependent on her showing ties to Jamaica, her having children, I assume not of the age of majority, means she cannot get a TRV based on her children being here. Parents get rejected all the time and if anything that will show she has weaker ties to Jamaica which in a TRV you need to show strong ties to home country not the country you are trying to visit. For the PR until the children reach the age of majority and can go thru the sponsorship program she has a slim chance of getting a PR thru her children. Also, the parental sponsorship program has drastically changed and it is now a lottery program which takes limited applications and her children will need to show about 3 years of income so that will be when they are 21 the earliest for when they meet the qualification and that is provided the meet LICO.... Basically she cannot reverse the children's PR unless she can prove she signed the form under duress or fraud.

Personally, I would not worry nor would I have gone back for this because she has no legal leg to stand on unless she was paid to sign the forms or she can say otherwise (duress). But the paper she had to sign which would have been witnessed by a Notary public should be your sigh of relief.

Reactions: Belle Ginou