+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***KINGSTON, JAMAICA **New Application**(as of Dec 7, 2016)***

chandy

Sep 24, 2015
Brampton
Category........
FAM
Happy Friday everyone. I’m new to the forum and I have a lot of questions since I’m just starting the sponsorship application for my husband and i find it hard. I’ve been reading through the forum and I see a lot of great stories congrats to those who’re united and I’m praying that those who are still waiting will be united soon. I know I’m going to need a lot of help with the application so I was wondering if anyone could volunteer to help me fill up the forms or guide me please. I’ve been trying for the last three months but it just always gets frustrating and we just want to be together already.

Reactions: SHANkey

Lanina

Apr 10, 2017
Gee thanks maybe I should let him do that.
Especially if
Many people say dont send email but seriously? If its an adult let them wait but even then you get anxious but for dependant children? Www
As a parent to sit months and hear nothing is hard. And if you tell them in a nice way. My mother who took care of my children for years i just let the visa office know she is now retired and i have to take my children. I am from a bad part of montego bay and all that i just explain to them.

The office in Canada gave me a landed appointment very quickly...the same day i email kingston that i got my landed and what do they want for the children. They told me send passport and pics. The when passport was sent. I emailed them again giving them tracking number and my application number. Then i emailed them and they said passport will be returned soon.

My position children's immigrant visas should not endure the same wait times as adults

Jamqueen101

May 1, 2018
Happy Friday everyone. I’m new to the forum and I have a lot of questions since I’m just starting the sponsorship application for my husband and i find it hard. I’ve been reading through the forum and I see a lot of great stories congrats to those who’re united and I’m praying that those who are still waiting will be united soon. I know I’m going to need a lot of help with the application so I was wondering if anyone could volunteer to help me fill up the forms or guide me please. I’ve been trying for the last three months but it just always gets frustrating and we just want to be together already.
All u have to do is read the guidelines on the cic website thoroughly. Fill out the forms.. if there is a question when filling out form.. u can just ask for specific assistance but u have to start first for anyone to assist u. Make sure not to leave anything blank.. where something doesn't apply to u, make sure u have N/A or else ur application will he returned to you. Just fill out all the forms.. do not rush it... cause if u do more than likely u will make a mistake. Make sure u sign everywhere and validate form. Make sure u get ur husband to sign his part (original)..no scanned signature to avoid delays. So more than likely u will have to mail him forms to be signed.
Ask him to get a Police check immediately as it can take up to two weeks but if u pay for express u can get it in a week. It is best to submit police record and schedule A with the application.

Thestewartson

Jun 16, 2018
Question: when you do a spousal application outland and you have a visitors visa is it ok to travel to canada during thr processing period. Secondly when the immigration officer ask the purpose of your visit and you let them know you are visiting your spouse, will there be any difficulties.

Jamqueen101

May 1, 2018
Question: when you do a spousal application outland and you have a visitors visa is it ok to travel to canada during thr processing period. Secondly when the immigration officer ask the purpose of your visit and you let them know you are visiting your spouse, will there be any difficulties.
Yes u may travel during the processing time. However for instance, if u haven't done ur medical or submit any other docs like Police record etc.. as yet it's best to do that first then go because u don't want them to request it and you are away. Also, at the border when they ask you for purpose of visit , u should just be clear and explain u r visiting your spouse and also that u have an ongoing permanent residence application. Even though u may have a 6 months visa, be sure to stay within the duration of stay u have stated in ur initial trv app as u may problems to re- enter again.

Reactions: Thestewartson

Jamqueen101

May 1, 2018
Hi. Is there anyone who has done their medical with Dr. rosemarie king douglas from elohim medical mobay? I did my medical yesterday and I'd like to know how long does it take for them to send it to cic with the results of the test. In other words, how long after u did ur medical with them, ur Gckey was updated to medical received?

Thestewartson

Jun 16, 2018
Yes u may travel during the processing time. However for instance, if u haven't done ur medical or submit any other docs like Police record etc.. as yet it's best to do that first then go because u don't want them to request it and you are away. Also, at the border when they ask you for purpose of visit , u should just be clear and explain u r visiting your spouse and also that u have an ongoing permanent residence application. Even though u may have a 6 months visa, be sure to stay within the duration of stay u have stated in ur initial trv app as u may problems to re- enter again.
Thank you

Reactions: Jamqueen101

Lanina

Apr 10, 2017
Hi. Is there anyone who has done their medical with Dr. rosemarie king douglas from elohim medical mobay? I did my medical yesterday and I'd like to know how long does it take for them to send it to cic with the results of the test. In other words, how long after u did ur medical with them, ur Gckey was updated to medical received?
My children did there medical there. They did medical in Jan 2018 and by Feb the medical showed passed on my account. So she waits for the chest x rays and other results them puts it into the system

J3lib3li

Star Member
Nov 4, 2017
Yes my husband did and in 2 weeks it showed that he passed

Reactions: Jamqueen101

wagggal

Star Member
Dec 29, 2017
Happy Friday everyone, I have a question, I would like my brother in law to attend my reception in August, can I just call and apply for him? Is there a trick to it?
Hey Leeann!

You can not apply for your brother in law to come to Canada.

It is up to him to apply for a TRV, in that he will have to show very strong ties to Jamaica such as ownership of property, assets and a job letter showing he is employed and his time off request. Also include 3 months of bank statements showing he has some savings in the bank. Putting a " Lump sum " in to show funds WILL NOT FLY !

He also has to show his itinerary as to what he will be doing in Canada, reason for visit and duration. 10 to 14 day visit is good, anything longer just raises red flags.

The only thing you can do is write him a letter of invite for his visit, saying he has a place to stay, meals provided etc.

It is REAL tough to get a TRV for Jamaicans to visit Canada and once they are refused once it is pretty much a done deal and will most likely we be refused for future applications.

Good Luck ! Tell us if he gets through! But he should apply NOW if he wants it by August!!! Current wait times are 14 days, this does not include transit time between VAC and IRCC office, if he can apply at IRCC in Kingston will be approx 14 days.

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I disagree with some of what is written here. I did a successful TRV for a friend this past April who was refused back in 2011 so all is not lost once you get a refusal.

Also in her application she did not include a bank statement, she included a job letter which was pretty generic and it said nothing about her time off just that she is employed there, duration and her salary.

I did include an itinerary and in that I also put hotel bookings to spruce up the application. I wrote that she is invited for 14 days.

The actually length of time was I submitted application online Jan 8th and Jan 31 got PPR request, so it’s not exactly 14 days and at that time the processing time was 13 days so use that as a gauge if you will.

I got an excellent template letter that I found on this forum which I used in my application, I also sent my bank account and a job letter from my employer here. For her ties she showed she had a bike in her name and that she has a child she is the sole provider of that she has to get back to.

Please note that this friend also has a US visa and has travelled 3 times in the past and did not overstay. Their longest stay in the US was just shy of 6 months and my letter of invitation made sure I mentioned that.

Hey Leeann!

You can not apply for your brother in law to come to Canada.

It is up to him to apply for a TRV, in that he will have to show very strong ties to Jamaica such as ownership of property, assets and a job letter showing he is employed and his time off request. Also include 3 months of bank statements showing he has some savings in the bank. Putting a " Lump sum " in to show funds WILL NOT FLY !

He also has to show his itinerary as to what he will be doing in Canada, reason for visit and duration. 10 to 14 day visit is good, anything longer just raises red flags.

The only thing you can do is write him a letter of invite for his visit, saying he has a place to stay, meals provided etc.

It is REAL tough to get a TRV for Jamaicans to visit Canada and once they are refused once it is pretty much a done deal and will most likely we be refused for future applications.

Good Luck ! Tell us if he gets through! But he should apply NOW if he wants it by August!!! Current wait times are 14 days, this does not include transit time between VAC and IRCC office, if he can apply at IRCC in Kingston will be approx 14 days.

leaannbowes

Star Member
Aug 15, 2017
I disagree with some of what is written here. I did a successful TRV for a friend this past April who was refused back in 2011 so all is not lost once you get a refusal.

Also in her application she did not include a bank statement, she included a job letter which was pretty generic and it said nothing about her time off just that she is employed there, duration and her salary.

I did include an itinerary and in that I also put hotel bookings to spruce up the application. I wrote that she is invited for 14 days.

The actually length of time was I submitted application online Jan 8th and Jan 31 got PPR request, so it’s not exactly 14 days and at that time the processing time was 13 days so use that as a gauge if you will.

I got an excellent template letter that I found on this forum which I used in my application, I also sent my bank account and a job letter from my employer here. For her ties she showed she had a bike in her name and that she has a child she is the sole provider of that she has to get back to.

Please note that this friend also has a US visa and has travelled 3 times in the past and did not overstay. Their longest stay in the US was just shy of 6 months and my letter of invitation made sure I mentioned that.
So when we put in the application and we had to put his brother and parents on the form why was that?