+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***KINGSTON, JAMAICA **New Application**(as of Dec 7, 2016)***

vanillabean

Star Member
Jun 29, 2023
Hi everyone,

I got a good referral to this thread hoping to connect with some of my fellow Jamaicans.

Timeline:

FSW-O
Country- Jamaica
AOR- May 3, 2023
Med and Bio Completed- May 11, 2023
Eligibility - In Progress (maybe a week after med and bio, but not sure)
BG- In Progress (maybe a week after med and bio, but not sure)
ADR Req for RFPR fee - June 5, 2023

Update- June 9, 2023 - Reviewing ADR

Can anyone tell me how I can find out if my file is at KVO? I tried calling IRCC but it’s a battle to get through to an agent. I’m also in the process of filing GCMS notes .

Flyingfast

Feb 9, 2022
Also let me know if anyone had any experience after they were requested RFPR fee. Thanks!
Didn't your sponsorship approval letter say that your file had been forwarded to Kingston? I think the RPRF request is a good sign of that.

Last edited:

Jhenall

Jan 3, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey @chris22 @mckay8228 @JaCan2022 @Shellzie

It seems you have spousal applications in progress with Kingston VO. Could you share your current status?

I applied in February and last update was background went in progress on April 19...silence after that.

Would also be open to starting a WhatsApp group for current applications if anyone is interested...

Shellzie

Dec 5, 2021
Hey @chris22 @mckay8228 @JaCan2022 @Shellzie

It seems you have spousal applications in progress with Kingston VO. Could you share your current status?

I applied in February and last update was background went in progress on April 19...silence after that.

Would also be open to starting a WhatsApp group for current applications if anyone is interested...
Sure, ill message you my number. we submitted our application June 13 so you are more advanced in the process.

specialk123

Aug 15, 2023
Hi! I sent my application online for sponsoring my husband from jamaica on July 20 and no file number as yet. Do you know how long it takes? thank you!

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
Hey everyone. Just saying hi. It’s been a while since I’ve chatted with the group. About to sponsor my step daughter soon. My husband has been here 2 years now this week. Good luck to you all with the process.

SkyTar

Sep 23, 2023
does anyone have a strong understanding of CBSA notes? We recently received ours and there was a concern of cultural differences so our file was sent for further review. Has anyone had this note by an officer? If so, did you address it? Did it have a negative impact on application? Was an interview required? Any guidance is appreciated

Flyingfast

Feb 9, 2022
does anyone have a strong understanding of CBSA notes? We recently received ours and there was a concern of cultural differences so our file was sent for further review. Has anyone had this note by an officer? If so, did you address it? Did it have a negative impact on application? Was an interview required? Any guidance is appreciated
Is there a large age gap? Have you known each other long? What is your timeline?

Flyingfast

Feb 9, 2022
I am older than my husband by 2.5 years.. we have been dating since dec 2020( met via friend in October 2020) engaged July 2022 married January 2023
It's hard to say why they have a concern with regard to a cultural difference. I only knew my Jamaican wife for 10 months when we got married, so it sounds your relationship was well established longer than mine. Did you apply long ago? Have you visited your husband since getting married?

Last edited: