+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***KINGSTON, JAMAICA **New Application**(as of Dec 7, 2016)***

SkyTar

Sep 23, 2023
It's hard to say why they have a concern with regard to a cultural difference. I only knew my Jamaican wife for 10 months when we got married, so it sounds your relationship was well established longer than mine. Did you apply long ago? Have you visited your husband since getting married?
Hard not to think it’s because I am white and he is black.. we applied February 9 2023 and I went to see him at the end of march 2023 for 10 days, so two months after we got married. We haven’t seen each other since because we didn’t anticipate being in this position still waiting almost 8 months later

Flyingfast

Feb 9, 2022
Hard not to think it’s because I am white and he is black.. we applied February 9 2023 and I went to see him at the end of march 2023 for 10 days, so two months after we got married. We haven’t seen each other since because we didn’t anticipate being in this position still waiting almost 8 months later
You could try this. I don't know if it made a difference in my case, But my wife's application was completed days later. I sent a webform updating my relationship information. Include information from after you applied up until today. In mine, I included an Air Canada ticket and all the support payments I had sent my wife since I applied. About two weeks after I sent the webform I received an email to say the information had been added to my wife's file. Then a few days later she received the pre-arrival letter and passport request. I don't know if it was a coincidence or the webform forced the officer to look at our file. But it can't hurt to try.

SkyTar

Sep 23, 2023
You could try this. I don't know if it made a difference in my case, But my wife's application was completed days later. I sent a webform updating my relationship information. Include information from after you applied up until today. In mine, I included an Air Canada ticket and all the support payments I had sent my wife since I applied. About two weeks after I sent the webform I received an email to say the information had been added to my wife's file. Then a few days later she received the pre-arrival letter and passport request. I don't know if it was a coincidence or the webform forced the officer to look at our file. But it can't hurt to try.
A moment ago
My eligibility went into progress July 21, I received my notes end of august and we sent in our pics, air bnb receipt and my flights from my trip in march shortly after the notes were received. Last week we sent in a letter explaining how we combat cultural differences and how we have managed it. I don’t send my spouse funds, but he has sent me western unions perhaps it’s worth sending another webform in, in a month or so if there is no movement

Flyingfast

Feb 9, 2022
A moment ago
My eligibility went into progress July 21, I received my notes end of august and we sent in our pics, air bnb receipt and my flights from my trip in march shortly after the notes were received. Last week we sent in a letter explaining how we combat cultural differences and how we have managed it. I don’t send my spouse funds, but he has sent me western unions perhaps it’s worth sending another webform in, in a month or so if there is no movement
I don't understand this cultural difference. For my wife and I, it's not been an issue at all. We are both English-speaking Christians. The only noticeable différance between us is skin colour and accents. You could be right about it being interracial. Kind of stupid in 2023. I seen a post about 12 months ago of a woman who's JM husband was refused just because he had children from another relationship. And the officer flat out said he only wanted to immigrate so he could bring his ex and children to Canada. https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/sudbury/permanent-residence-denied-canada-1.6524222

SkyTar

Sep 23, 2023
I don't understand this cultural difference. For my wife and I, it's not been an issue at all. We are both English-speaking Christians. The only noticeable différance between us is skin colour and accents. You could be right about it being interracial. Kind of stupid in 2023. I seen a post about 8 months ago of a woman who's JM husband was refused just because he had children from another relationship. And the officer flat out said he only wanted to immigrate so he could bring his ex and children to Canada. https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/sudbury/permanent-residence-denied-canada-1.6524222
It hasn’t been as issue for us either but I hope with the letter it proves to them we acknowledge there are differences but we are aware and can work them out. Neither of us have been married, he has no children, I have one. we both have good jobs. I am stumped. Have wondered if it’s worth bringing it to MPs attention.

How wrong! That story is so heart breaking.

dannii

Jul 31, 2023
Hi! I sent my application online for sponsoring my husband from jamaica on July 20 and no file number as yet. Do you know how long it takes? thank you!
I applied for my husband in May got AOR in August. He did biometrics, but we haven't got the medical request as yet still waiting on that. So it can take a while

Alimoretto

Nov 20, 2023
Hi everyone!
Just sent my husbands sponsorship pr application yesterday! He is in Jamaica and I’m from Toronto.
Really nervous and don’t know what to expect. Looking to hopefully get him here quicker through visitor visa reuniting spouses which I know is something new? Has anyone gone down that path what can I expect

Flyingfast

Feb 9, 2022
Hi everyone!
Just sent my husbands sponsorship pr application yesterday! He is in Jamaica and I’m from Toronto.
Really nervous and don’t know what to expect. Looking to hopefully get him here quicker through visitor visa reuniting spouses which I know is something new? Has anyone gone down that path what can I expect
Good luck. Jamaica seems to be one of the faster visa offices. I've seen several cases processed quickly.

Flyingfast

Feb 9, 2022
thank you! When you say faster visa offices what timeline could I possibly expect?
When I applied the estimated processing time was 23 months. My wife's application was completed 6 months to the day and that included waiting 4 months for them to just open the application. When they did Kingston only took 6 weeks to complete the processing. My wife's processing

Applied online: July 6th, 2022.
AOR: October 28th, 2022.
Sponsorship approval: October 28th, 2022.
Biometric requested: October 28th, 2022.
Medical requested: October 31st, 2022.
File transferred to VO in Kingston JM: October 28th, 2022.
Background check completed: November 4th, 2022.
Pre Arrival letter: December 17th, 2022.
Eligibility Completed: December 17th, 2022.
Interview: Not required.
Decision made: December 20th, 2022.
Passport request: December 20th, 2022.
Passport submitted: December 22nd, 2022.
Received passport back with COPR and entry visa: January 6th, 2023.
Landed: February 6th, 2023.
PR Card mailed: March 9th, 2023.
PR Card received: March 16th, 2023.

Flyingfast

Feb 9, 2022
It hasn’t been as issue for us either but I hope with the letter it proves to them we acknowledge there are differences but we are aware and can work them out. Neither of us have been married, he has no children, I have one. we both have good jobs. I am stumped. Have wondered if it’s worth bringing it to MPs attention.

How wrong! That story is so heart breaking.
Did you get any news on your application?

Court123

Dec 14, 2023
Hi guys!
I recently submitted my application.
Application submitted: November 18,2023
PA: JAM
Sponsor: Citizen
I understand that I would not get any updates on my application as yet but can someone let me know if a interviews are still a requirement and if not one is usually required? Thanks

Alimoretto

Nov 20, 2023
Hi guys!
I recently submitted my application.
Application submitted: November 18,2023
PA: JAM
Sponsor: Citizen
I understand that I would not get any updates on my application as yet but can someone let me know if a interviews are still a requirement and if not one is usually required? Thanks
I applied the 19th of November! Good luck!