+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***KINGSTON, JAMAICA **New Application**(as of Dec 7, 2016)***

Flyingfast

Feb 9, 2022
They do a chest X-ray for tuberculosis and blood test looking for things like HIV. Don't be worried, as sponsored spouses can not get denied PR for medical grounds. Even if they have a serious illness like HIV. It takes Kingston about 2-3 weeks to review the medical results. From my own experience, we got no tracker updates at all after the medical results until after they issued the visa and COPR. All the updates showed up that day. The trackers lag behind, so don't rely on them. We received a pre-arrival letter and then the passport request a few days later.

Last edited:

chris22

Dec 15, 2022
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
KVO
App. Filed.......
04-11-2022
Doc's Request.
20-03-2023
File Transfer...
March 20, 2023
Med's Request
March 20, 2023
Our application is "green", no approval yet but today we received a letter requesting copies of the dependents passport. we did submit a photo of the passports with the application... are we close to getting approved?
when can we expect PPR?
Applied Jan 2023.. AOR March 2023. Eligibility completed Oct. 2023. just to give a quick timeline.

Last edited:

Alimoretto

Nov 20, 2023
Hi everyone. After medical results are submitted how long is the average wait until hearing something again. Tracker says background check in progress while the actual application says not applicable?

Flyingfast

Feb 9, 2022
Hi everyone. After medical results are submitted how long is the average wait until hearing something again. Tracker says background check in progress while the actual application says not applicable?
Don't rely on the trackers. They are not reliable or in real-time. With my wife's application, we didn't receive any updates after her medical until a decision was made and then all the updates in the tracker showed. Her background was completed just a week or two after her file was Transferred to Kingston, however the tracker did not show this information until the decision was made.

Alimoretto

Nov 20, 2023
Don't rely on the trackers. They are not reliable or in real-time. With my wife's application, we didn't receive any updates after her medical until a decision was made and then all the updates in the tracker showed. Her background was completed just a week or two after her file was Transferred to Kingston, however the tracker did not show this information until the decision was made.
So I should be prepared to just wait to hear of a decision

chris22

Dec 15, 2022
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
KVO
App. Filed.......
04-11-2022
Doc's Request.
20-03-2023
File Transfer...
March 20, 2023
Med's Request
March 20, 2023
how long after copr till we get ppr?!?!

chris22

Dec 15, 2022
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
KVO
App. Filed.......
04-11-2022
Doc's Request.
20-03-2023
File Transfer...
March 20, 2023
Med's Request
March 20, 2023
Outland Paper Application: August 10, 2022 with 1 dependent (Non- Accompanying)
AOR:October 5, 2022
SA:October 28, 2022
File transfered to VO (Kingston): October 28, 2022
Biometrics: Exempt already did for Previous TRV
Medical Request: October 31, 2022
ADR 1: Dec 1, 2022 Detailed government services
Eligibility Passed: Dec 1, 2022
Pre-Arrival: December 3, 2022
Medical Passed: December 12, 2022
Added Newborn: December 21, 2022
(Baby born in Canada)
ADR 2: Updated Additional Family request form 5406: December 22, 2022
Review of Additional Documents: January 4, 2023 Gc key
Ghost updates: All of Feb- March Last one on March 20th New tracker
Background went from not started to completed: April 6, 2023
Decision made & COPR generated: April 6, 2023
Ghost update: Gc key: April 6 & 13, 2023
PPR: April 13th, 2023

All the best everyone

How long did it take to get visa and passport back?

mckay8228

Nov 16, 2016
You get the COPR with the entry VISA when you send your passport. Not before. It takes about 2 weeks to return your passport.
What I was getting at is that status tracker updated with COPR # and wondering how much longer of a wait.. when should I expect ppr

kksb

Dec 5, 2023
Category........
FAM
I am sponsoring my PA with a non-accompanying dependent. However the mother (custody) is refusing to have the child submit a medical exam. What will happen moving forward once I inform Kingston VO?

The child is already listened as non-accompanying because she did not provide her consent. IRCC still requires a medical examination to be done despite this. The PA has no physical contact with the child. We have outline these implications in terms of future sponsorship and she is still refusing to have it done. Has anyone went through something similar and if so what was the outcome?

Flyingfast

Feb 9, 2022
I am sponsoring my PA with a non-accompanying dependent. However the mother (custody) is refusing to have the child submit a medical exam. What will happen moving forward once I inform Kingston VO?

The child is already listened as non-accompanying because she did not provide her consent. IRCC still requires a medical examination to be done despite this. The PA has no physical contact with the child. We have outline these implications in terms of future sponsorship and she is still refusing to have it done. Has anyone went through something similar and if so what was the outcome?
You might have to get a lawyer in Jamaica involved with the child's mother..