***KINGSTON, JAMAICA **New Application**(as of Dec 7, 2016)***

Flyingfast

Feb 9, 2022
Hi guys!
I recently submitted my application.
Application submitted: November 18,2023
PA: JAM
Sponsor: Citizen
I understand that I would not get any updates on my application as yet but can someone let me know if a interviews are still a requirement and if not one is usually required? Thanks
Depends on if the immigration officer has concerns. I was expecting the worst and to my surprise the application was competed just two months after I received AOR. When I applied, the estimated time for processing was 23 months. My wife's was finished exactly 6 months to the day of me submitting the application.

Court123

Dec 14, 2023
Depends on if the immigration officer has concerns. I was expecting the worst and to my surprise the application was competed just two months after I received AOR. When I applied, the estimated time for processing was 23 months. My wife's was finished exactly 6 months to the day of me submitting the application.
Let me first say congratulations on that cause the waiting period is something else. I try not to think about it too much as I am waiting on my AOR.
I'm really hoping for the best but if an interview is needed then so be it.

Flyingfast

Feb 9, 2022
Let me first say congratulations on that cause the waiting period is something else. I try not to think about it too much as I am waiting on my AOR.
I'm really hoping for the best but if an interview is needed then so be it.
Thanks. Did you file your own application?

Court123

Dec 14, 2023
Thanks. Did you file your own application?
Yes I did. All the information needed is online so we did just that. It was actually my husband’s suggestion cause we had a lawyer but he wasn’t moving at the pace we wanted so we withdrew before he actually started anything and I’m glad we did

Flyingfast

Feb 9, 2022
I did all ours too. A lawyer or consultant is a waste of $$$ and is not needed unless the application is complex. Did you have a proper wedding and not just a registry wedding? I think it's very important you have a proper ceremony. By this, I mean more than just witnesses in attendance. We had 20 guests and a reception, all at Devon House in Kingston. I only knew my wife for about 10 months before we married, and I only visited her twice. To cap that off, I was divorced just 4 months before our wedding, so I was sure they would give our case scrutiny, and I was expecting at least an interview. We got no interview. I was shocked at how fast our application was processed. I made sure I sent the best application I could, and I provided the maximum information it asked for in terms of proof of relationship. Furthermore, I also included a 1-page letter explaining the circumstances of my previous relationship and divorce.

Court123

Dec 14, 2023
Agreed on the lawyer part, honestly we are just clients to some of them. Again I'm glad yours worked out so quickly as long distance relationship gets lonely at times and it's nice to go home to someone so it's sweet yours turn over so quickly.
I had a micro wedding which is something I always wanted with about 20 persons in attendance. Big weddings give me the irks and would mess with my anxiety
I did all ours too. A lawyer or consultant is a waste of $$$ and is not needed unless the application is complex. Did you have a proper wedding and not just a registry wedding? I think it's very important you have a proper ceremony. By this, I mean more than just witnesses in attendance. We had 20 guests and a reception, all at Devon House in Kingston. I only knew my wife for about 10 months before we married, and I only visited her twice. To cap that off, I was divorced just 4 months before our wedding, so I was sure they would give our case scrutiny, and I was expecting at least an interview. We got no interview. I was shocked at how fast our application was processed. I made sure I sent the best application I could, and I provided the maximum information it asked for in terms of proof of relationship. Furthermore, I also included a 1-page letter explaining the circumstances of my previous relationship and divorce.

chris22

Dec 15, 2022
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
KVO
App. Filed.......
04-11-2022
Doc's Request.
20-03-2023
File Transfer...
March 20, 2023
Med's Request
March 20, 2023
We had BGC and Eligibility check completed in Oct 25/23 and have not heard anything yet. i submitted a webform yesterday. Our application is outland family class at Kingston Visa Office (spouse and dependents). Any one in similar situation? - notes are good w. no concerns etc.

Last edited:

Flyingfast

Feb 9, 2022
We had BGC and Eligibility check completed in Oct 25/23 and have not heard anything yet. i submitted a webform yesterday. Our application is outland family class at Kingston Visa Office (spouse and dependents). Any one in similar situation? - notes are good w. no concerns etc.
You applied in Jan 2022? If so, you applied 6 months before my wife, and she landed a year ago next month. Did something happen like the application was returned? 2 years is a long wait.

chris22

Dec 15, 2022
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
KVO
App. Filed.......
04-11-2022
Doc's Request.
20-03-2023
File Transfer...
March 20, 2023
Med's Request
March 20, 2023
You applied in Jan 2022? If so, you applied 6 months before my wife, and she landed a year ago next month. Did something happen like the application was returned? 2 years is a long wait.
we applied jan 2023

we

Alimoretto

Nov 20, 2023
Hi everyone just wanted to update you all.
Filled for my husband November 20,2023 and just received biometric letter today. Did not receive AOR AOR or Medical Letter yet. Should I be concerned?

Flyingfast

Feb 9, 2022
Hi everyone just wanted to update you all.
Filled for my husband November 20,2023 and just received biometric letter today. Did not receive AOR AOR or Medical Letter yet. Should I be concerned?
Nothing to be worried about. You can consider the biometrics letter as the AOR. You will likely receive the medical and actual AOR letter in the next few days to weeks

Alimoretto

Nov 20, 2023
Hi everyone! Just wanted to give an update as we finally heard something after almost 2 months of waiting!!
Applied online: Nov 20, 2023
AOR: January 16,2024
Sponsorship approval: January 16, 2024
Biometric requested: January 15, 2024
File transferred to VO in Kingston JM: January 16, 2024

still waiting for medical!!

Flyingfast

Feb 9, 2022
Hi everyone! Just wanted to give an update as we finally heard something after almost 2 months of waiting!!
Applied online: Nov 20, 2023
AOR: January 16,2024
Sponsorship approval: January 16, 2024
Biometric requested: January 15, 2024
File transferred to VO in Kingston JM: January 16, 2024

still waiting for medical!!
You will likely get medical request in a few days. My experience with Kingston was very fast. When I sponsored my wife, the estimated processing time was 23 months. Once our file reached Kingston, it was completed very fast. See my signature for my timeline.

Alimoretto

Nov 20, 2023
You will likely get medical request in a few days. My experience with Kingston was very fast. When I sponsored my wife, the estimated processing time was 23 months. Once our file reached Kingston, it was completed very fast. See my signature for my timeline.
You were correct. Received medical request today. Can you give advice on what the exam is like and what they check for? My husband is a weed smoker will that impact the exam?