+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***KINGSTON, JAMAICA **New Application**(as of Dec 7, 2016)***

BABESANDI

Star Member
Jan 5, 2019
In the process of starting the application, anxiety is killing me, lots of paper work, my hubby is Jamaica, 3 kids non accompanying as hubby need to come first and get stuff situated before they come.

Hats off to those farther along in the process, I pray soon everything will be finalized.

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We are here if you need help with any part of the process.

Make sure the kids are examined so you can sponsor them in the future.

No need to be anxious it seems daunting but it is really not. Just print the checklist and work from there nothing more nothing less. Pit together a quality application and you will be fine.

In the process of starting the application, anxiety is killing me, lots of paper work, my hubby is Jamaica, 3 kids non accompanying as hubby need to come first and get stuff situated before they come.

Hats off to those farther along in the process, I pray soon everything will be finalized.

Reactions: PWILLY

BABESANDI

Star Member
Jan 5, 2019
We are here if you need help with any part of the process.

Make sure the kids are examined so you can sponsor them in the future.

No need to be anxious it seems daunting but it is really not. Just print the checklist and work from there nothing more nothing less. Pit together a quality application and you will be fine.
Thank you so much for the encouragement, I will have the examined as well.

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No problem at all. We are all here to get through this process together so if you need anything just ask and I'll try to help.

Kushwife

Jan 5, 2019
Anyone no how long it takes for background check to switch from " in progress" to in process?? Like mines still in progress!! How long does KVO usally take to actually start working on a file??

Reactions: BABESANDI

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is no straight forward answer to this question because everyone BGC is different. Some people see In process before the file even get to KVO and others see it after. Some people's BGC looks like it takes 2 months because of when they notice it switch to PPR other it takes longer.

However tbh BGC is a continuous thing that they check throughout the process so I'm not sure if that being switched is a real good stat to track. Because other people's BGC switches and finishes in 8 days and we know realistically that is just not true.

Anyone no how long it takes for background check to switch from " in progress" to in process?? Like mines still in progress!! How long does KVO usally take to actually start working on a file??

BABESANDI

Star Member
Jan 5, 2019
Whats your timeline??
I havent even started yet, just doing the paper work and stuff. My case is a bit complicated as my husband was here but had to go home for overstay and being out of status. He is on a one year exclusion order. I can still process the paper work normally. So am here trying to do my research. Lawyers wants 3000 just to fill pap et work and half the stuff she is saying is totally wrong.

rebeccara

Star Member
Jan 22, 2018
Ontario
Category........
FAM
is there anyone still following this thread that has done their interview, my husband just got his request and I'm wondering what he should bring to the interview in terms of documents and what kind of things they ask

Thanks

Kushwife

Jan 5, 2019
I havent even started yet, just doing the paper work and stuff. My case is a bit complicated as my husband was here but had to go home for overstay and being out of status. He is on a one year exclusion order. I can still process the paper work normally. So am here trying to do my research. Lawyers wants 3000 just to fill pap et work and half the stuff she is saying is totally wrong.
Oh ok i see!! Well good luck with everything girl. You got this! :)

Kushwife

Jan 5, 2019
Sometimes those lawyers are full of BS!! The paper work is pretty easy to do by yourself . I did my hubby's cause these lawyers are money hungry!! But i hear ya still ;)

Reactions: BABESANDI

BABESANDI

Star Member
Jan 5, 2019
is there anyone still following this thread that has done their interview, my husband just got his request and I'm wondering what he should bring to the interview in terms of documents and what kind of things they ask

Thanks
I saw someone on another thread saying they ask the most random questions. I dont remeber who it was. But the questions were like. What are the other faults, views on kids, they even ask about sex life which I find quite odd. Lol, I think it was in one of those threads about proof of relationship. My understanding is that it depends on the person doing the interview. Good luck,