+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***KINGSTON, JAMAICA **New Application**(as of Dec 7, 2016)***

Agman

Jan 5, 2019
@PWILLY yes this will cause a delay in your application. Your best bet is to either get a court order or delay until he is 18 where he can sign as an adult to say he does not want to come. Or try to work with her in getting him examined.

PWILLY

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
KVO
App. Filed.......
07-10-2019
@PWILLY yes this will cause a delay in your application. Your best bet is to either get a court order or delay until he is 18 where he can sign as an adult to say he does not want to come. Or try to work with her in getting him examined.
Thanks, this is what it thought too

StayAway

Mar 1, 2019
For someone that has went through the process already, can you please confirm if kingston sends an email when they start processing your application? Thanks

Agman

Jan 5, 2019
@StayAway check your Ecas once KVO start processing you will see this on the second line which will say "We have started processing your application on <insert date>.

This will be when I say you can start your countdown. Also if you have access check your GCKey for your background check although that is not a good indicator as for some people that never changes .

Agman

Jan 5, 2019
Also the PA will get emails from the VFS saying their package is in transit to the embassy and a couple more emails but no formal email to say they start processing except line 2 on Ecas. If line 2 is something else there right now which it may be once KVO start processing it will be chabhec to reflect what I wrote in my earlier post

For someone that has went through the process already, can you please confirm if kingston sends an email when they start processing your application? Thanks

Reactions: StayAway

StayAway

Mar 1, 2019
@StayAway check your Ecas once KVO start processing you will see this on the second line which will say "We have started processing your application on <insert date>.

This will be when I say you can start your countdown. Also if you have access check your GCKey for your background check although that is not a good indicator as for some people that never changes .
My background check started the same time they received my application.

Would i see it on the sponsor side or applicant side?

I am the sponsor. My file was transferred to KVO yesterday. Just trying to get an idea of how long this process takes.. Thanks for replying

Agman

Jan 5, 2019
Check the PA.

So the neat thing about Ecas if you enter the application number but enter the Sponsor's dob, place of birth and last name it gives access to both the sponsor and PA side so click the In process link and you will see it there

Agman

Jan 5, 2019
If you just got the VFS email about file transfer check back in about a week for Ecas that is about how long it took for my file. I'm also the sponsor

StayAway

Mar 1, 2019
If you just got the VFS email about file transfer check back in about a week for Ecas that is about how long it took for my file. I'm also the sponsor
Ok. will do so. we got the medical request and request to pay Boi-metric before it was transferred to KVO. so line 2 is the medical request on the PA side. I will check next week to see if they add another line

Agman

Jan 5, 2019
@StayAway yes it will be replaced.

If you haven't already done your biometrics test ensure your PA walk with the receipt, the letter that they got they need to take bio and email from the VFS for bio. The security guard is notorious for not letting people in with all of those and of course the person's passport.

Also bio needs to be booked ahead of time.

StayAway

Mar 1, 2019

If you haven't already done your biometrics test ensure your PA walk with the receipt, the letter that they got they need to take bio and email from the VFS for bio. The security guard is notorious for not letting people in with all of those and of course the person's passport.

Can't wait for this process to be over. I hope everything gets processed within the next 3 months at least. Heard really bad things about the KVO. I hope they are wrong :D

StayAway

Mar 1, 2019

Update: Line 2 was replaced to:

We started processing XXXXXXXXX application on March 29, 2019.

Reactions: PWILLY

destinyjam2can

Apr 2, 2017
There is no remedy as to how long the process will take. Depends on the officer who is assigned to the file as well if the file is straight forward. Hope that helps. You basically just have to sit back and let the journey takes its course. During May to September is a slow time not much news comes for family class sponsorships as they are focusing on farm work and students visas.