Just wanted to share my timeline for citizenship

CyberHawk

Oct 31, 2011
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PedroGimenez said:
Hello Guys,

I am from Montreal. I would like to know more cases from Montreal and also if I am in the right times...

I received the acknowledgement letter on July 2011 and now on almost April 2012 is still just received... I know Montreal is the slowest place to process citizenship but I don't know if other applicants from Montreal are in the same situation than me.

Can you please give me some info about it?

Thanks a lot!!!!

I'm from Montreal too, my timeline:

Sent my application in August 2011.
Received confirmation letter + booklet a month after.
Since then until now my status is still "Received".
It's been almost 16 months now and still NOTHING!
All my friends got their citizenship in 8-14 months!!

EasyRider

Oct 12, 2008
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CyberHawk said:

Can be up to 2 years+ now to go in process and get test invitation in Montreal.

tarro

Nov 1, 2012
I sent my application in June 31, 2011, and it is still showing as received. It has been 15 months now. I received the booklet a month after. Thats about it.

zsq4193

Aug 27, 2011
Like I said before on the previous message about a long time ago..

Here's my timeline for citizenship time processing.

- "We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on June 15, 2010.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called A Look at Canada on June 15, 2010. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on February 17, 2011"

It is the same information, there is no update but I decided to email some questions to CIC and got their response that our applications have been referred to Client Service Official.

We are waiting for 21 months and still haven't heard from them about the test or additional documents. We feel like that we are prison in Canada since 2001 :'( :(

God only knows this

zsq4193

Aug 27, 2011
My mom just called to get a hold of agent regarding my citizenship process, they said that our case has a bit delayed about three months more due to verify our applications before transfer to the office in Niagara Falls, ON where I live in here.

That means we'll have to wait for three months more! COME ON! :-\ :(

Never trusted on CIC site, they did a great job on misinformation. :eek:

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

Its great to be back after such a long time. I thought I should also share my experience and timeline with Canadian citizenship. I noticed that it will be fast if you don’t change your address while your application is being processed. My friend and I submitted at about the same time, hot got the mail to take the test 3 months ago. Meanwhile, I changed my address from Vancouver to Richmond…..the process continues.

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 16, 2011.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 16, 2011. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on June 1, 2012.

nmc88

Sep 13, 2012
CyberHawk said:

CyberHawk said:
I'm also from Montreal and here is my timeline:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 26, 2009.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 26, 2009. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on September 16, 2010.

We sent you a letter on September 16, 2010. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your file was transferred to the Montréal office on November 23, 2010. The Montréal office will contact you if additional information is required. The Montréal office will contact you regarding your citizenship test once all the necessary checks on your file are complete.

We sent you a notice on January 14, 2011 to appear and write the citizenship test on January 27, 2011

I called immigration every few months, I even contacted and had a meeting with my MP but that didn't get me anywhere since the answer was the same: still in process. Last time I've been told that the local office did my background check, criminal check and now they are doing the immigration check. My PR card has expired and I had to apply to renew it.
I am positive I passed my test, I just don't know why is taking so long?!!! But I see I'm not the only one in this kind of situation...

kaboom786

Sep 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabaat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24th Sept 2013
File Transfer...
11th Oct 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21st Jan 2014
Want to share my timeline if it helps anyone. I'm in mississauga. The overall process for my application was faster than the estimated time on the website, exactly 15 months , as opposed to 19 months when i applied last year.
---------------------------------------
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 13, 2011.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 13, 2011. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on March 21, 2012.

We sent you a notice on September 28, 2012 to appear and write the citizenship test on October 20, 2012 at 12:30 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.*Note: Citizenship and Immigration Canada does sometimes schedule events on Saturdays or Sundays.

We sent you a notice on November 29, 2012 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on December 13, 2012 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

-------------------

My only dilemma now is i lost my IMM5292. I filed a police report online as a lost document and also sent a verification of status application. I'll take the police case number email and receipt of application payment with me on the oath day. Has anyone else been in the same boat before? or know someone who was and what was the outcome if going to the oath without the 5292 document?

kaboom786

Sep 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabaat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24th Sept 2013
File Transfer...
11th Oct 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21st Jan 2014
Got my citizenship certificate. Immigration officer at the cic oath place only asked to take out invitation letter and PR card. None of the applicants were asked to show landing paper or any other id. Phew.

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
Great news Kaboom !

That was very efficient turnaround time. Do you hold a canadian job and dont travel much at all etc ? Any reasoning why you think it was processed that efficiently ?? (which is always a good thing, of course)

No RQ either ?

Thanks in advance for sharing your impressions.

kaboom786

Sep 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabaat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24th Sept 2013
File Transfer...
11th Oct 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21st Jan 2014
I've been a student at york university and a community college in the past 4 years so i'm guessing that might have sped up the process. I was not working at the time i applied though. And no RQ.

medimawla

Star Member
Dec 18, 2012
Egyman said:
Hi guys
Here is my timeline, I am in Quebec. Please share your timeline so we see how long does it take:
-We received your application for Canadian citizenship on August 6, 2009.
-We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called A Look at Canada on August 6, 2009.
-We started processing your application on April 6, 2010. This is the most up-to-date status of my file (May 22, 2010).
i sent my application in November 2009 till now i have no news , i am in Montreal even didn't do my citizenship test, i called them many times they said just in process :(

layyah

Mar 16, 2013
Citizenship
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 26, 2011.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 26, 2011. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on April 16, 2012.

We sent you a notice on January 29, 2013 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 11, 2013 at 10:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a notice on January 30, 2013 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on March 11, 2013 at 1:30 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

You became a Canadian citizen on March 11, 2013.