Just wanted to share my timeline for citizenship

Mary Chad

Jan 24, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
layyah said:
Citizenship
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 26, 2011.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 26, 2011. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on April 16, 2012.

We sent you a notice on January 29, 2013 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 11, 2013 at 10:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a notice on January 30, 2013 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on March 11, 2013 at 1:30 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

You became a Canadian citizen on March 11, 2013.
?????????? And you just joined CV forum today to tell this?

HuronBird

Jan 8, 2013
It's amazing how basic rights of thousands of people getting violated without real measures to address this serious issue in our society. Very few discussed this RQ issue based on equality and fair opportunity grounds. Allow me explain it further in bullet point below
1- CIC received applications from X1 and X2 for citizenship on the same day of for example January 1st of 2010
2- CIC of e.g. Toronto send both X1 and X2 invitation to take citizenship test on e.g. Sep 2011
3- CIC officer based on some criteria that is not transparent to the public and not proven to be accurate nor correct, will have the freedom to classify applicant X2 to be suspicious of not completing the residency requirements for citizenship. And hand out applicant X2 a residency questionnaire that has nothing wrong except it comes along with at least 2 years freeze in citizenship process. CIC is currently stating its actually 4 years of punishment, I mean waiting due to backlog.
The backgrounds of applicant X2 doesn't matter if he or she is a business man or a high tech professional...that needs to travel abroad to make their living and pay the relevant tax into the system. It doesn't matter if he or she has included into the residence calculation only the combined physical presence in Canada to come up => 1095 days for the past 4 years of their application submission. I have even heard about people that didn't even travel abroad and received the RQ.
It's based on the discretion of the CIC officer to hand out an RQ to any applicant the he or she wishes to make their lives more complicated. For example, restraining them from the Mobility rights that are mentioned in "Discover Canada" book. OR taking up jobs in government departments where Canadian citizenship is required. Or even vote to choose how the tax that they have paid will be spent in their society.
4- CIC officer send X1 to take up the oath on e.g January of 2012
5- X3 applicant comes up in the picture and submit application in January of 2012
6- X3 applicant take up the citizenship test in Janary of 2013
7- X3 applicant take up the oath on March of 2013
8- X2 applicant who applied in January of 2010 is still waiting without seeing any light at the end of tunnel. No one really cares about X2 application, it can be shelved for as long as it takes. CIC officer is busy handling X3+n applications.
Justice is served in the eyes of the CIC, equality and fair opportunity for all applicants is wonderful statement but when it comes to practice, then applicants such as X2 is out of the equation.
If we can't do our jobs properly, then we need help, why not look at the British System as an example or get consultations of how we can improve the citizenship process for X2. Which are thousands of humans believed in our Canadian system and came here to start a new prosperous life looking for equality and fair opportunity... Government let them in on the immigration basis then we get them stuck on citizenship basis.
If there is an intention to clear backlogs then they will be cleared in no time. If the intention is to screen applicants all the way to the core to filter out fraud cases then its also doable in reasonable time. There are tens of thousands of Canadians without jobs and thousands of them are highly qualified to get trained and join CIC, why not we do something about it, why don't we increase citizenship fees so that the processing fees are covered and process is efficient and complains go down to normal humane rate.

MBK2

May 2, 2013
Here is my timeline:

received your application - December 15, 2011.

started processing your application on October 4, 2012.

notice on March 25, 2013 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 25, 2013 at 8:30 AM.

I know my test wasn't in March, but just wanted to share anyway. Also, I have a few questions and will appreciate any help

1. Any idea why my application took so long to go into "in process"? I have seen other people's timeline on this forum...they applied in march/april 2012 and are already citizens, whereas I applied in Dec 2011! It took 10months for my application to go "in process" and then 6 more month for test date.

2. I live in downtown Toronto, but my test was at the Scarb. office and not the St. Clair office as expected. Does anyone have any idea why this is so? I was thinking it will be faster bcuz i live downtown and my local office will be St. Clair.

3. As my test has been at the Scarb. office, will my oath also be at the Scarb. office? Is oath always at the same office as the test?

4. Is there any chance I will get a RQ? I didn't get one yet....do they give RQ after test and before oath by mail?

5. Does it usually take 2months from test to oath at the Scarb office? So I can expect by oath to be around end of June?

Thank you sincerely for your help and good luck to all! :)

MBK2

May 2, 2013
Here is my timeline:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 15, 2011.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 15, 2011. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on October 4, 2012.

We sent you a notice on March 25, 2013 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 25, 2013 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Received notice to appear for Oath today, 9th May

Letter dated 7th May

Oath on 27th May 2013

:)

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
MBK2 said:
Here is my timeline:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 15, 2011.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 15, 2011. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on October 4, 2012.

We sent you a notice on March 25, 2013 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 25, 2013 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Received notice to appear for Oath today, 9th May

Letter dated 7th May

Oath on 27th May 2013

:)

Coongratulations! :)

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
Which date do they use as "We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on ..../..../...." - the date the application was sent to them by an applicant or the date it was received by them?
Thank you.

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Suin said:
Which date do they use as "We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on ..../..../...." - the date the application was sent to them by an applicant or the date it was received by them?
Thank you.
received by them

clahanl

Jan 8, 2013
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 14, 2011.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 14, 2011. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on November 23, 2011.

Your file was transferred to the Ottawa office on December 20, 2011. The Ottawa office will contact you if additional information is required. The Ottawa office will contact you regarding your citizenship test once all the necessary checks on your file are complete.

We sent you a notice on January 2, 2013 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 12, 2013 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a notice on April 24, 2013 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on May 16, 2013 at 11:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
finally you wait is over! congratulations! :)

zsq4193

Aug 27, 2011
Here's my update...

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on June 15, 2010.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on June 15, 2010. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on February 17, 2011.

We sent you a notice on July 17, 2013 to appear and write the citizenship test on August 6, 2013 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a notice on August 28, 2013 to appear and write the citizenship test on September 16, 2013 at 10:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

I passed the citizenship test - tips you need to study the most information on the booklet and practice on websites as well.

Waiting for the oath letter.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
Congratulations zsq4193! :) were there any questions related to the history in the test?

TLE187

Aug 25, 2010
HI, just wanted to share -

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 5, 2011.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 5, 2011. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on February 13, 2012.

We sent you a notice on September 5, 2012 to appear and write the citizenship test on September 26, 2012 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

At the test, EVERYONE was given a RQ - without cause, but at the personal discretion of the officer on duty on the day.

Wednesday this week will mark one year since our test and now 21+ months since application.

No correspondence, no ability to get through to CIC call centre. Just forgotten - just as the post above suggests. Very discouraged.

Additionally - parents inestor class application - waiting 7 years now.
Sister's FSW application - submitted prior to 28 Feb 2007 - summarily cancelled to "reduce the backlog"

Perhaps Canada does not deserve us - because we do not deserve this treatment.

CanuckForEver

Feb 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TLE187 said:
HI, just wanted to share -

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 5, 2011.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 5, 2011. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on February 13, 2012.

We sent you a notice on September 5, 2012 to appear and write the citizenship test on September 26, 2012 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

At the test, EVERYONE was given a RQ - without cause, but at the personal discretion of the officer on duty on the day.

Wednesday this week will mark one year since our test and now 21+ months since application.
That's terrible TLE187. Can you please say if your application is in any way a RQ trigger to the best of your knowledge? Something like USA cross border visits? prolonged absences? not able to produce all the passports during the test?
I could not find these details in your previous posts. Just curious.

Mr lonely20

Aug 8, 2012
Finally an oath ceremony is scheduled for me on the 23rd of October
Applications received 18 May, 2011
Application transferred to Edmonton office 18 December 2011
Finger prints December 2011
Citizenship test March 15 2012
Another finger (because of expiration of old one) January 2013
Oath ceremony23 October 2013

Thank you guys

Suin

VIP Member