Aamir89

Star Member
May 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Suin said:
Coongratulations! :)
Hi there,

Congratulation :). Can you please tell me your city? I am also waiting for letter (I hope I don't get RQ). I am from Windsor Ontario and I did my test on October 21, 2013 and I passed the test.

Aamir89

Star Member
May 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MBK2 said:
Here is my timeline:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 15, 2011.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 15, 2011. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on October 4, 2012.

We sent you a notice on March 25, 2013 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 25, 2013 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Received notice to appear for Oath today, 9th May

Letter dated 7th May

Oath on 27th May 2013

:)
Hi Congratulation which city?

TLE187

Aug 25, 2010
Hi CanuckForEver - No trigger for RQ - absolutely everyone at the test was given a RQ. Also, straight after we wrote the test, we were all given an additional piece of paper and asked to fill in any dates that we would be on vacation or unavailable within the 6-8 weeks following the test - as this "is the probable timeframe that you will receive your oath ceremony notification."

As mentioned, it is now 23 months since date of application and 14 months since the test - no word form CIC. We landed in August 2008.

I have worked solidly since Jan 2009 in full time jobs. We travelled to visit family and my husband travelled when his mother passed away. There is clearly no standard criteria for RQ and no communication from CIC. Very discouraging.

:mad:If anyone has written their test at Hamilton (not sure why we had to write there as we live in Oakville), and received their Oath ceremony dates any time since Sept 2012, I would be very interested to hear your timeline. Also, our files were transferred to St. Clair, so any idea of timelines at that office would be appreciated too.

EasyRider

Oct 12, 2008
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TLE187 said:
Hi CanuckForEver - No trigger for RQ - absolutely everyone at the test was given a RQ. Also, straight after we wrote the test, we were all given an additional piece of paper and asked to fill in any dates that we would be on vacation or unavailable within the 6-8 weeks following the test - as this "is the probable timeframe that you will receive your oath ceremony notification."
What, they gave everyone RQ and "asked to fill in any dates that we would be on vacation or unavailable within the 6-8 weeks following the test" at the same time? If it's not a joke, what was the point?

MBK2

May 2, 2013
This is my sister's timeline. Anybody have a similar timeline? How long would you think till the test date? I estimated May 2015 ish...? Oh, we are in Downtown Toronto, but applications are processed in Scarb. (I know cuz my test/oath was in Scab too)

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 9, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on May 9, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on October 1, 2013.

TLE187

Aug 25, 2010
Hi EasyRider - no joke. An announcement was made in the room once we had all handed in our completed tests, that if we were going to be away between the test date and end of December, then we should complete an additional form that they then asked people to collect from the front of the room. The young gentleman that made the announcement said we should not forget to completed these dates, as the next 6-8 weeks would likely be the timeframe for our oath ceremonies. My only mistake on that day, was not taking the names of every person we spoke to that was part of CIC. I believe it was underhanded and trickery and as of today, I have not be proven differently. :(

Again, if anyone wrote their test in Hamilton on 26 September 2012 or later, were given an RQ and have gone through a ceremony, I would be most interested to learn about the process that was followed.

Lastly, the CIC processing time page was last updated on 23 May. Do you know how often we should expect any updates on the site?

MBK2

May 2, 2013
MBK2 said:
This is my sister's timeline. Anybody have a similar timeline? How long would you think till the test date? I estimated May 2015 ish...? Oh, we are in Downtown Toronto, but applications are processed in Scarb. (I know cuz my test/oath was in Scab too)

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 9, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on May 9, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on October 1, 2013.
Just got letter for test on Feb 3rd at Mississauga office.Mine was from the same address but test was at Scarb. office. Not sure how they sort it out. But good news! :)

QAI

Apr 12, 2008
MBK2 said:
Just got letter for test on Feb 3rd at Mississauga office.Mine was from the same address but test was at Scarb. office. Not sure how they sort it out. But good news! :)
awesome, MBK2 please post timelnies as well. were you rq'ed as well?

muti

May 28, 2013
My local office is Mississuaga,ON

My timeline is:

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 25, 2013.

2.We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 25, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3.We started processing your application on May 21, 2013.

4.We sent you a notice on January 28, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 24, 2014 at 7:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment.

moeseri

Feb 10, 2014
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 18, 2013.

Here is my timeline (scarborough office):

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), on January 18, 2013.
We started processing your application on March 12, 2013.
We sent you a notice on December 30, 2013 to appear and write the citizenship test on January 14, 2014 at 10:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a notice on January 29, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on February 11, 2014 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

user0007

Apr 5, 2014
My timeline is as follows:
Became PR in April 2010
Applied for Citizenship in June 2012
Passed Citizenship test in November 2013
Became Canadian in January 2014
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

madinaei

Apr 5, 2014
hi everyone
i submit my application on jan 2011.
i receive RQ on jun 2012.
i receive letter from the local office asking for authorization for CBSA on jan 2014.
i am still waiting till now i am finish 39 month.
is there any one same timeline.
thanks.

moeseri

Feb 10, 2014
madinaei said:
hi everyone
i submit my application on jan 2011.
i receive RQ on jun 2012.
i receive letter from the local office asking for authorization for CBSA on jan 2014.
i am still waiting till now i am finish 39 month.
is there any one same timeline.
thanks.
Hi Madinaei this is a lot of time. Call CIC and order for the report (ATIP i guess). This way you see where the delay is coming from. Whats your office?

abdmoh

Star Member
Jun 10, 2011
Halifax
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
04-07-2011
Med's Done....