apple3981

Nov 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vinadam said:
Nope, it's been 15 months and counting since I had the test and still, not even a letter or a phone call from Edmonton office. I can't even plan my vacation this year coz of waiting to see if they'll cntact me for the oath-taking and I don't want to miss it...
Amazing vinadam, hope all ends well for you...

vinadam

Feb 25, 2010
Alberta, Canada
Visa Office......
Edmonton, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just to let everyone know, I'm taking my oath next week, Jan 19. YAY!

Took the exam Sept 25, 2009 and because of the RQ case, I had to wait that long so for all the people out there that's still waiting for the oath-taking schedule, GOODLUCK! it will eventually come....
:)

anayna

Jan 26, 2011
jcity !

i must you are one lucky person with a fantastically short timeline .....congrats!

sadly that doesnt seem to be the case with most applicants

Elran

Aug 24, 2011
MY timeline.I sent my application in on Jan 24 2011///I thought i would take months to get Acknowledgement letter...I got acknowledgement letter On Feburary 25 th 2011 also i got study booklet...sice i got booklet so soon i thought my application would be processed sooner..But no .Its now aug 24 2011 and i am still waiting..My PR card expires May 2011 i might have to renew if i want to travel next summer..IT is so fustrating waiting so long...

zsq4193

Aug 27, 2011
Here's my timeline for citizenship time processing.

- "We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on June 15, 2010.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called A Look at Canada on June 15, 2010. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on February 17, 2011"

- I am still waiting for the test after the cases transfer to Niagara Falls.

We studied the booklet for one month (March 2011) in order to get ready for citizenship test but we already forgot some questions!!! In process is still on, I hate waiting like other people.... :( I actually have no idea what the office do or do not to review!

tshah

Jul 22, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
All,

Still no word on my case from CIC. I'm going on 2 years 7 months since my initial citizenship application, and 1 year 8 months since my test.
My timeline was shared previosly if you are interested.

aryana

Mar 28, 2011
Thanks for Sharing.

Here is my case
We received your application on April 16, 2010.
We started processing your application on January 17, 2011.
Your file was transferred to the Mississauga, Citizenship & Immigration office on February 2, 2011.
We sent you a notice on February 24, 2011 to xxx abc rd,to appear and write the citizenship test on March 18, 2011.
We sent you a letter on May 6, 2011 to xxx abc rd, for additional information

I called twice to see if they have received the additional documents and they say they have. So does anyone in this region or know when to expect a status update???

LF-NA

Oct 1, 2011
Hi
I did apply when I was in Montreal in December 2010. On February 2011 I did receive the booklet and a letter confirming the receiver of my file. On May I moved to Windsor ON and I did notify them.
So far no answer!!!! and my status is always showing "Received". Anyone has a comment ?

Barbarian

Jul 27, 2005
toronto
hi all,

i am new to this forum as well applied for citizenship in DEC 2010, taken my test in oct 2011. Test went well. Now after seeing these forums I am overwhelmed seeing the experiences people facing. i see many posts in this forum especially like aryana and so . RQ sent 2 months after test. Is there any reason they asked RQ after test? did they question anything at the time of test? Or SHORT OF DAYS. in my case I made couple of visits abroad which were declared in residence calculator,verified by the officer. Very few questions at the time of test. after seeing these postings i am thinking, Is RQ given to everyone? if so the oath will be delayed indefinetly ? Please clarify ---- experts.

A

amirchov

Barbarian said:
hi all,

i am new to this forum as well applied for citizenship in DEC 2010, taken my test in oct 2011. Test went well. Now after seeing these forums I am overwhelmed seeing the experiences people facing. i see many posts in this forum especially like aryana and so . RQ sent 2 months after test. Is there any reason they asked RQ after test? did they question anything at the time of test? Or SHORT OF DAYS. in my case I made couple of visits abroad which were declared in residence calculator,verified by the officer. Very few questions at the time of test. after seeing these postings i am thinking, Is RQ given to everyone? if so the oath will be delayed indefinetly ? Please clarify ---- experts.
Barbarian - I can only speculate on what changed in the way the CIC process citizenship requests, but it seems as if there is intent to slow down the process and double-check applications. I guess that is a result of past years experience where new citizens went back to their home countries. During the last Lebanon war in 2006, Canada had to spend $94M to rescue 15,000 “Canadians” that were residing permanently in Lebanon. I believe this is what they are trying to prevent – giving a citizenship to people who only see this as a “just in case” opportunity. Add to that – in the past years they have found fraudulent citizenship processing which eventually hurts us all.

De facto, it is clear that the slightest deviation from a “standard” immigration to Canada is being automatically re-evaluated by giving the RQ document.

This document clearly stipulates a delay of 12-18 months in processing the application. All we can do is wait... :)

Elran

Aug 24, 2011
Hello My friends..I am pleased to say that i am now a Canadian Citizen.I took my oath today along with 78 other people..I felt really great knowing how hard i had to work to get this,,Some folks might take it for granted,but now i can finally breathe easy.Now onto the future..I will claim my piece of the pie.I will also try to be a good citizen and volunteer as much as i can.It took me 1 week less than a year to get my citizenship from the day i applied...I made sure there were no complications...No unnecessary questions ..just be a law abiding person,and make sure you study the booklet and expect any questions..eg which Provice has it,s own time zone..i got that wrong..the only one i got wrong..a bunch of questions like this can make things real tricky..Most of all make sure u spend the time required in Canada..Just don't make unecessary problems for urself...i now how exciting it can get to go travel..Be patient....God bless u all... God Bless Canada..

Mhut

Star Member
Jul 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
23/02/2006
Med's Request
06/04/2011
Med's Done....
27/04/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14/06/2011
VISA ISSUED...
07/07/2011
LANDED..........
23/10/2011
Congrat Elran, Really pleased for you and Gob Bless you too :)

Mhut

Elran said:
Hello My friends..I am pleased to say that i am now a Canadian Citizen.I took my oath today along with 78 other people..I felt really great knowing how hard i had to work to get this,,Some folks might take it for granted,but now i can finally breathe easy.Now onto the future..I will claim my piece of the pie.I will also try to be a good citizen and volunteer as much as i can.It took me 1 week less than a year to get my citizenship from the day i applied...I made sure there were no complications...No unnecessary questions ..just be a law abiding person,and make sure you study the booklet and expect any questions..eg which Provice has it,s own time zone..i got that wrong..the only one i got wrong..a bunch of questions like this can make things real tricky..Most of all make sure u spend the time required in Canada..Just don't make unecessary problems for urself...i now how exciting it can get to go travel..Be patient....God bless u all... God Bless Canada..

k9fortmc

Star Member
Mar 28, 2012
Downtown vancouver
Category........
FAM
Hi everyone what do you guys think aboutmytimeline.I can'tfindanywhere anyinfoabout2011/2012applicants. What do you guys think ..is the test happening soon

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 11, 2011.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on July 11, 2011. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on November 30, 2011.

We sent you a letter on December 19, 2011. If you have not yet provided the information orthe requested documents,please doso as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letterbefore sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contactingus.

We sent you a letter on December 20, 2011. If you have not yet provided the information orthe requested documents,please doso as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letterbefore sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contactingus.

Your file was transferred tothe EdmontonCICofficeonJanuary20,2012.TheEdmontonCICofficewill contact you ifadditionalinformation is required. The EdmontonCICofficewillcontact you regarding yourcitizenship test once allthe necessarychecks onyourfileare complete

Thank you all in advance

Mary Chad

Jan 24, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any day you will be getting test date...after file transfers to local office it takes 1-3 months for test date, i had mine in 2 months