+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2023 Visitor Visa TRV applicants

Sindusara

Mar 27, 2021
Hi all can we apply for super visa when visitor visa is in progress. I applied on june 14th and no updates. So can I submit another application for super visa ?

ay9842

Jul 14, 2019
I just noticed in portal that eligibility status has been changed to “We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

but in tracker it is showing Eligibility not started ! Is it a good or bad sign ?

amitaf26

Jun 16, 2023
I just noticed in portal that eligibility status has been changed to “We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

but in tracker it is showing Eligibility not started ! Is it a good or bad sign ?
it usually takes 24 hrs after to update on the tracker. So check back tomorrow it should also show up on the tracker.

Ali2032

Star Member
May 21, 2023

What is status in final decision?

ay9842

Jul 14, 2019

It's also updated in tracker, what's the current trend in how long it's taking to complete eligibility to PPR?

Last edited:

Dan321

Star Member
Oct 8, 2019
I applied for my Sister In law TRV

application submission: 7th June
Biometric: Already Valid
just like to share timeline
COR: Pakistan
Online Applied: 7th June
Background started after one week

eligibility haven’t started
Still waiting

I see some people from Pakistan applied same received their decision. Wondering if there eligibility started before decision

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
Receieved PPR today.

Application submitted june 16
Biometrics updated july 3rd
Eligibility completed July 7
BVL july 18
Visa document on ircc tacker july 19
PPR July 27th
Passport Received with Visa stamped on August 7th.

uzz96

Jul 9, 2023
U can apply for reconsideration and gcms.
I got the reply for GCMS note and it says the same thing as the refusal letter that will not leave Canada at the end of the stay. I was hoping to get more clear reason. Is it possible the application was processed by AI?

I applied for reconsideration a week ago but havent recieved any update on application yet

m4pleaf

Aug 2, 2023
I applied for a Spousal TRV on June 5. Previously I had a Canadian TRV, and it was expired at the end of 2022. I also currently have a TRV for the US. I had an invitation letter from my Canadian brother-in-law. My VO is Ankara. I also have a PR application (timeline in the signature), and I also stated this in my TRV application. Short after I gave the biometrics for TRV, tracker status has been changed to following, and it's been the same since then:

Biometrics: Completed
Eligibility: Completed
Medicals: Not started
Background: In progress

So far, for PR, I have received AoR, SA, BIL, and medicals; but no updates on the TRV. I have even raised a webform, stating 'it's past the processing times and I want to learn the status of my TRV', and it's been received by IRCC on Aug 11, but also no replies so far... Anyone have any ideas, experiences etc.?

In the Portal account, the latest update is: Biometrics - June 8, 2023: Completed.
No estimated completion date.

Details about the application:

Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • June 8, 2023 Completed.
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Last edited:

SAKARUN

Star Member
Jan 31, 2015
Any updates for the June applicants?
My brother applied for a visitor VISA from Qatar on June 24 and did the biometrics on June 25. There is no update since then. He applied for the VISA to attend a conference in Toronto from Aug 20 - 22 and the conference data is nearing. He sent a webform recently informing this, but no reply to it yet.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Any updates for the June applicants?
My brother applied for a visitor VISA from Qatar on June 24 and did the biometrics on June 25. There is no update since then. He applied for the VISA to attend a conference in Toronto from Aug 20 - 22 and the conference data is nearing. He sent a webform recently informing this, but no reply to it yet.
He is not past processing times so he should not expect a decision until September. He left it late to apply. Has file even started eligibility review?

Reactions: SAKARUN and Charbk