+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2023 Visitor Visa TRV applicants

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Can my father show support for my brother's family cos they all live in one house and also support for his visit to Canada by showing my father bank statements and everything?
No. Your brother is a married man with a wife and child. He is not a dependant (under 22). It would raise red flags that your brother really cannot afford a visit. Your brother’s issue as one applicant was not funds. It was not showing that he is financially established in his business. He could not prove income on his return. Showing business registration was not enough of a tie to return. They may get approved if they apply as a couple without bringing their child. Can say parents will look after him. This shows valid reasons to return but still may not be enough.

m@ddy

Aug 24, 2023
Hi, My parents have applied for visitor visas from India using the new IRCC portal, with my dad as the main applicant. My mom's visa got approved on 21st August, but my dad's application is still showing the latest update as biometric updated and background check in progress. They submitted the application as a group. Do you have any suggestions or advice on this matter?

ursha_07

Apr 21, 2023
My parents applied for a tourist visa and their biometrics and eligibility are complete as of Sept 04. The background check says in process.
Does it take about a month for them to get back to us now??

NN321

Aug 29, 2023
My parents applied for a tourist visa and their biometrics and eligibility are complete as of Sept 04. The background check says in process.
Does it take about a month for them to get back to us now??
When did you aply? And ur country of residence?
If eligibility is complete that u will hear back within 10 working days and most probably its positive result!

joyboy0056

Dec 16, 2022
Applicant in India, and also has PR application without AOR..

but i have a discussion to make.....

I want to discuss an issue, I applied for TRV for spousal visit, and got a rejection right on 30th day.

I am not concerned about the refusal as much as I am about that I strongly believe that there was no human touch on the application at all (since recent news that IRCC some advanced data analytic, but says that final decision is always deliver by an officer.

I have certain points to neglect the claim IRCC makes about not issuing approvals on solely Advance analytics tools.

• Application submitted on Aug 10
  • Biometric of wrong persons connected to my application on Aug 12
  • From August 12 to September 6
  • I sent some enquiries and calls, telling them the biometrics belongs to someone else
  • IRCC confirmed that is an error on their site and made notes to my application.
  • About 7 “enquiries received” updated on tracker, based on the forms I sent and couple of calls I made to IRCC
The fun part is I got refusal on September 9

• Reasons are pretty common
  • Significant family ties
  • Stay not consistent with application details.

But with the refusal letter, we also got a BIOMETRIS VALIDATION LETTER,

• Which is the same letter, I complained about to IRCC that it is not my biometrics
  • I have never given any, please correct it and send me a letter again, so I can do my biometrics.

I don’t know, how could the officer never see that there were so many notes on the application about wrong information connected to the file, yet stil I was given the BVL, which Is not initially mine.
THIS MAKES ME THINK THAT, THIS WAS SYSTEM GENERATED REFUSAL AND NO OFFICER EVEN TOUCHED MY APPLICATION, WHICH IS SAD
If you could guys provide any insight of what you think?

I could be wrong…

JamesRodriguez

Mar 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
January 2020
VISA ISSUED...
January 2020
LANDED..........
February 2020
Applicant in India, and also has PR application without AOR..

but i have a discussion to make.....

I want to discuss an issue, I applied for TRV for spousal visit, and got a rejection right on 30th day.

I am not concerned about the refusal as much as I am about that I strongly believe that there was no human touch on the application at all (since recent news that IRCC some advanced data analytic, but says that final decision is always deliver by an officer.

I have certain points to neglect the claim IRCC makes about not issuing approvals on solely Advance analytics tools.

• Application submitted on Aug 10
  • Biometric of wrong persons connected to my application on Aug 12
  • From August 12 to September 6
  • I sent some enquiries and calls, telling them the biometrics belongs to someone else
  • IRCC confirmed that is an error on their site and made notes to my application.
  • About 7 “enquiries received” updated on tracker, based on the forms I sent and couple of calls I made to IRCC
The fun part is I got refusal on September 9

• Reasons are pretty common
  • Significant family ties
  • Stay not consistent with application details.

But with the refusal letter, we also got a BIOMETRIS VALIDATION LETTER,

• Which is the same letter, I complained about to IRCC that it is not my biometrics
  • I have never given any, please correct it and send me a letter again, so I can do my biometrics.

I don’t know, how could the officer never see that there were so many notes on the application about wrong information connected to the file, yet stil I was given the BVL, which Is not initially mine.
THIS MAKES ME THINK THAT, THIS WAS SYSTEM GENERATED REFUSAL AND NO OFFICER EVEN TOUCHED MY APPLICATION, WHICH IS SAD
If you could guys provide any insight of what you think?

I could be wrong…
What all documents did you submit to prove home ties and sponsorship,and for what did you mention for duration of stay ?

satishivaturi

Feb 26, 2019
Hey everyone - I applied for my mother's visitor visa in August. My mother's USA visitor visa also got approved and stamped in August. But at that time - her passport was not stamped yet.

Now we got the US Visa stamped on her passport. Do you think I should inform this to IRCC via webform? I heard about Can+ program and having a US visitor visa makes process much simpler.

Need your suggestions please.

Ligal2828

Sep 6, 2023
hello everyone,

my friend applied for a visitor visa from Kenya on May 26, 2023 using the new IRCC portal
biometrics complete
Background : in progress
Eligibility : in progress (updated yesterday August 24, 2023 from not started)
this update showed on IRCC tracker, nothing on GCkey not even a GU
Can anyone please advise how long it takes for the eligibility to be completed
I read some people get it completed same day and get letters but she hasn't
should we be worried?
please anyone respond as im not familiar with this process

thanks in advance
What is status in final decision?

Ligal2828

Sep 6, 2023
COR: Pakistan
Application Date: June 08
Biometric; already valid (2019)
Nothing received after that. Raised web form August 14, they said its in que for review by an officer.
Requested gcmc on August 21, no response yet.
Traker stuck in backgroung in progress.
Eligibility: not started
Tracker shows application updated August 28.
Can anyone please guide??

Ligal2828

Sep 6, 2023
I applied for a Spousal TRV on June 5. Previously I had a Canadian TRV, and it was expired at the end of 2022. I also currently have a TRV for the US. I had an invitation letter from my Canadian brother-in-law. My VO is Ankara. I also have a PR application (timeline in the signature), and I also stated this in my TRV application. Short after I gave the biometrics for TRV, tracker status has been changed to following, and it's been the same since then:

Biometrics: Completed
Eligibility: Completed
Medicals: Not started
Background: In progress

So far, for PR, I have received AoR, SA, BIL, and medicals; but no updates on the TRV. I have even raised a webform, stating 'it's past the processing times and I want to learn the status of my TRV', and it's been received by IRCC on Aug 11, but also no replies so far... Anyone have any ideas, experiences etc.?

In the Portal account, the latest update is: Biometrics - June 8, 2023: Completed.
No estimated completion date.

Details about the application:

Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • June 8, 2023 Completed.
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Ligal2828

Sep 6, 2023
I Applied for TRV and below are the updates
Application submitted 13 May 2023
Biometric- 14th June 2023 - completed (I got BIL on 8th June, after repeated email and web-forms)
Eligibility- Not started - We’re making sure that you meet the requirements to be eligible for the spouse, partner or child class.
(I did not apply for spouse, partner, or child class, why this message)
Background check - In Progress - We're checking your background to make sure you are admissible to Canada.
Medicals- Not started

In overall, eligibility has not start but background in progress, do i need to drop them email again or use webform?

Ligal2828

Sep 6, 2023
experienced ppl pls help!!!
see my time line in signature,,

i called CIC and they said, eligibilty completed
said, background check is also completed
but still in progress!!
i asked, if u need any document, pls let me know, they said We don't need!
i said, pls let me know if this is not approved i will try to apply again.
they said, I don't see anything unusual on this account, everything seems fine so far, it just a workload that visa officer is taking time to upload the final decision.
i said, are u sure background is also completed?? she said YES I CAN SEE IT HERE!
I said, but i cant see background check completed in TRACKER??
she said, I CAN VERY WELL SEE IT HERE ITS COMPLETED!!

is there anyone who can throw the light? is there anyone who has worked or is working with CIC may guide me what could have happened? after this how long will it take? its already 41 days past i applied it.. :(