+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2023 Visitor Visa TRV applicants

vpramod

Apr 18, 2017
What can we do if PPR letter has old name from old passport/visa, but in new passport/application name is changed?
Details: In my mother's old passport, there was no surname. All three names were in the given name field: X Y Z. For her previous TRV, they put everything in surname: X Y Z
She applied for new TRV after getting her new passport. Now the name has been corrected as Given name: X Z and Surname: Y. In the application also the name was used so that it matched the new passport.
The old UCI was used to connect the new application to her details already in the system.
In the PPR, the name is still the old one X Y Z.
Application submitted: June-11
PPR: July-17

vpramod

Apr 18, 2017
What can we do if PPR letter has old name from old passport/visa, but in new passport/application name is changed?
Details: In my mother's old passport, there was no surname. All three names were in the given name field: X Y Z. For her previous TRV, they put everything in surname: X Y Z
She applied for new TRV after getting her new passport. Now the name has been corrected as Given name: X Z and Surname: Y. In the application also the name was used so that it matched the new passport.
The old UCI was used to connect the new application to her details already in the system.
I am also in same position. How did you get it resolved? Anybody please advice

bonnetmacaque

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
Thank you so much! I am relieved. Did you give any letter regarding your name change while submitting your passport?
I had submitted a CSE webform mentioning the discrepancy in the names but there was no response to that. Anyway the passport was sent for stamping immediately upon receiving the PPR, so the visa stamping would have happened even before someone looked at the CSE webform.
Edit: I had a doubt, so I checked with my parents, and yes, I had written a letter and they had submitted this letter when sending the passport. The letter explained everything.

Last edited:

vpramod

Apr 18, 2017
I had submitted a CSE webform mentioning the discrepancy in the names but there was no response to that. Anyway the passport was sent for stamping immediately upon receiving the PPR, so the visa stamping would have happened even before someone looked at the CSE webform.
Edit: I had a doubt, so I checked with my parents, and yes, I had written a letter and they had submitted this letter when sending the passport. The letter explained everything.
Safer side I will also submit a letter with proper explanation. Thank you for your timely advice.

amitaf26

Jun 16, 2023
Wow after a long wait from June 2023 until Feb 2024, my boyfriend got his PPR
He applied from France!