+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2023 Visitor Visa TRV applicants

Dec 15, 2016
I applied for my sister's visitor visa on June 7 through Portal. We still did not receive a Biometric Letter or Client Application Summary. Is it normal? Please let me know. Please reply to this thread what should I do now?

nirubihara

Feb 10, 2019
I am applying for visitor visa for my mother and brother using the IRRC's new portal (not GCKey). My father, my brother's wife, and his kid are not travelling to Canada, and we are not applying as well for them.
What should I answer to a given question in my mother's and brother's sections?

Will your spouse or common-law partner accompany you to Canada?
(Answer yes even if your spouse will join you later in Canada.)

If I choose yes, it asks me to upload the marriage certificate at the end; otherwise, it does not give me the option to upload the marriage certificate.
Please give suggestions.

ashmaitsingh

Star Member
Apr 13, 2023
I applied for my sister's visitor visa on June 7 through Portal. We still did not receive a Biometric Letter or Client Application Summary. Is it normal? Please let me know. Please reply to this thread what should I do now?
did you apply thru new ircc portal or gckey? people are observing a 7 day delay in receiving both these letters, if you see in above thread, someone mentioned abt applying on june 1, getting Biometric letter on june 7,

ashmaitsingh

Star Member
Apr 13, 2023
I am applying for visitor visa for my mother and brother using the IRRC's new portal (not GCKey). My father, my brother's wife, and his kid are not travelling to Canada, and we are not applying as well for them.
What should I answer to a given question in my mother's and brother's sections?

Will your spouse or common-law partner accompany you to Canada?
(Answer yes even if your spouse will join you later in Canada.)

If I choose yes, it asks me to upload the marriage certificate at the end; otherwise, it does not give me the option to upload the marriage certificate.
Please give suggestions.
if their respective spouses are not going to come to canada, you can select No, in place of marriage certificate, u can upload their passport copies together in single file where their names will show up in spouse name column in each other's passport, that is also valid.

nirubihara

Feb 10, 2019
if their respective spouses are not going to come to canada, you can select No, in place of marriage certificate, u can upload their passport copies together in single file where their names will show up in spouse name column in each other's passport, that is also valid.
Thank you that helps. If I answer it NO to that question then there is no section for marriage certificate. I am planning to upload marriage certificate under additional documents section.

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
Hi, I can see that you got Client Application Summary and Biometric Collection Letter on same day, 07 June, was there any gap (perhaps minutes or hours) between the two or did you get both at the same time
first client app summary then after an hour or so got the biometrics letter.

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
Please see below visitor visa application from chandigarh , india

Biometrics Collection LetterJune 7, 2023June 7, 2023
Client Application SummaryJune 7, 2023June 7, 2023
Submission ConfirmationJune 1, 2023June 1, 2023
Confirmation of Online Application TransmissionJune 1, 2023June 1, 2023
biometrics scheduled for tomorrow morning at VFS

bans

Dec 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO -- WVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
Med's Done....
29-05-2015
Interview........
TLU - 05-06-2015
I applied for my Sister In law TRV

application submission: 7th June
Biometric: Already Valid
Hi Dan,

I am applying for a visitor visa for my brother-in-law from India. Can you please get me the documents you used for your case? Also, my brother-in-law is not in direct blood relation with my wife. Will it cause nay issues? Thanks

Vp0203

Jun 12, 2023
Hi,
I am opening this thread for all June 2023 Visitor Visa Canada TRV applicants.

Thanks & Regards
I have to apply for Visitor’s Visa to unite with my cousin, I will also be accompanying my cousin’s mother (my maternal aunt) for the trip. I have the invitation letter from my cousin’s Spouse.

what documents will suffice for a proof of relationship in this case.

your help will be highly appreciated!
Thanks!

bans

Dec 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO -- WVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
Med's Done....
29-05-2015
Interview........
TLU - 05-06-2015
I have to apply for Visitor’s Visa to unite with my cousin, I will also be accompanying my cousin’s mother (my maternal aunt) for the trip. I have the invitation letter from my cousin’s Spouse.

Thanks!
I am in a same boat here.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

Thanks!
The invitation letter from your cousin can just state that you are cousins through your mothers. You don’t need to provide any documentation for a TRV as a cousin is not immediate or extended family. You can provide birth certificates of your mother and her sister to show that you are related to her. Your reason to travel is for tourism not reuniting with family.

soniyakhan045

Jan 23, 2018
Application submitted for my parents on 1st June, haven’t received the BIL yet - got the Client Application Summary this morning.
I applied for my mom on Jun 5; no biometrics letter yet. But what is client application summary? I applied through GC key

Last edited:

SKM_2023

Jun 13, 2023
Anyone recently applied for Canada visitor visa from USA(NY). Can I get timeliness please, I have a trip coming up in July and I have a previous Canada visa and US EAD, expecting they process under CAN+