June 2023 Visitor Visa TRV applicants

RP@2023

May 17, 2023
I applied for my Bother in-law on May 28, 2023 through new IRCC portal
Biometric still valid from 2019
Eligibility review not started yet

RP@2023

May 17, 2023
Hi, Please see the below visitor visa application from Hyderabad, India for my Parents who applied through the old portal using GCKey.

Biometrics Collection LetterMay 30, 2023
Submission ConfirmationMay 30, 2023
Confirmation of Online Application TransmissionMay 30, 2023

Type: Online application
Travel history - Holds US Visit B1/B2 Visa and traveled 2 times to the US in last 5 years
Below status in the status tracker https://ircc-tracker-suivi.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login
Biometrics - Completed on June 2, 2023
Eligibility - Completed on June 7, 2023
Medical exam - not started

Background verification - in progress

How long will it take to finish the background verification process in general?
Did you get any message when they start Eligibility review?

Ali2032

Star Member
May 21, 2023
Hi, Please see the below visitor visa application from Hyderabad, India for my Parents who applied through the old portal using GCKey.

Biometrics Collection LetterMay 30, 2023
Submission ConfirmationMay 30, 2023
Confirmation of Online Application TransmissionMay 30, 2023

Type: Online application
Travel history - Holds US Visit B1/B2 Visa and traveled 2 times to the US in last 5 years
Below status in the status tracker https://ircc-tracker-suivi.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login
Biometrics - Completed on June 2, 2023
Eligibility - Completed on June 7, 2023
Medical exam - not started

Background verification - in progress

How long will it take to finish the background verification process in general?
Hi i am in same situation but my eligibility completed on 17 may back ground still in progress? Already i have US visit visa and i visited USA in march 2023. Still waiting for application approval. On gc key account in final decision section showing 17 may but not approved still in progress. Anyone knows that?

skz360

Jun 14, 2023
Submission ConfirmationJune 2, 2023June 2, 2023
Confirmation of Online Application TransmissionJune 2, 2023June , 2023

PR application is in progress since Jan 2023 and AOR + biometrics completed.

No further updates for TRV as of today. Biometrics and BV showing as “in progress” on the tracker.

TimTomTim

Jun 14, 2023
Hi guys,

I went through as many comments as possible but would like focussed feedback on my current scenario. My Sister, Nephew and my Brother-In-Law live in England (Indian citizens). My sister is a dependant on my BIL's work permit and is currently a stay-at-home mother. My nephew goes to school in the UK. My sister and nephew want to come see me (PR) in Canada.

I'm providing an invitation letter and all my financial documents which would meet the requirements for ensuring they're fully taken care of financially.
However from an application perspective, I want to include in my invitation letter that -
  • I take all responsibility for their expenses during their time in Canada (2-3 weeks)
    • I'm booking the tickets, they will live with me in my home and I will be fully responsible for all their financial needs during their time here in Canada
  • They will be here in Canada for a period of 3 weeks and will go back to England
    • How do I establish ties to showcase to the officer they will return to UK? Do I have to do this?
  • My sister is financially dependant on my BIL, so she doesn't really have any financial documents that she can provide as part of her application
    • Will this be an issue that can potentially cause a rejection?
  • What do I have to include in the documentation/invitation letter to ensure their visa application is granted?
Additional info:
  • Our parents have a Supervisa and they will be in Canada when my Sister and my nephew travel, so it's essentially a family reunion
    • Do I specify this? We haven't seen each other in 2 years

Any pointers appreciated, thanks!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi guys,

I went through as many comments as possible but would like focussed feedback on my current scenario. My Sister, Nephew and my Brother-In-Law live in England (Indian citizens). My sister is a dependant on my BIL's work permit and is currently a stay-at-home mother. My nephew goes to school in the UK. My sister and nephew want to come see me (PR) in Canada.

I'm providing an invitation letter and all my financial documents which would meet the requirements for ensuring they're fully taken care of financially.
However from an application perspective, I want to include in my invitation letter that -
  • I take all responsibility for their expenses during their time in Canada (2-3 weeks)
    • I'm booking the tickets, they will live with me in my home and I will be fully responsible for all their financial needs during their time here in Canada
  • They will be here in Canada for a period of 3 weeks and will go back to England
    • How do I establish ties to showcase to the officer they will return to UK? Do I have to do this?
  • My sister is financially dependant on my BIL, so she doesn't really have any financial documents that she can provide as part of her application
    • Will this be an issue that can potentially cause a rejection?
  • What do I have to include in the documentation/invitation letter to ensure their visa application is granted?
Additional info:
  • Our parents have a Supervisa and they will be in Canada when my Sister and my nephew travel, so it's essentially a family reunion
    • Do I specify this? We haven't seen each other in 2 years

Any pointers appreciated, thanks!
Do not take responsibility for all their expenses. That shows IRCC that they cannot afford their own visit. They need to show their own funds too. Husband’s accounts can be included. Your invitation letter should say that they will stay with you during their visit (they are not living in your home) but they will cover their own expenses. Say you haven’t seen them in two years and it is a family visit.

Ties to return are her spouse and son’s school registration. If she doesn’t have a job then her only tie is her spouse. Assume they have a long term permit to live in the UK.

Saying parents will be in Canada will weaken ties to return.

TimTomTim

Jun 14, 2023
Do not take responsibility for all their expenses. That shows IRCC that they cannot afford their own visit. They need to show their own funds too. Husband’s accounts can be included. Your invitation letter should say that they will stay with you during their visit (they are not living in your home) but they will cover their own expenses. Say you haven’t seen them in two years and it is a family visit.

Ties to return are her spouse and son’s school registration. If she doesn’t have a job then her only tie is her spouse. Assume they have a long term permit to live in the UK.

Saying parents will be in Canada will weaken ties to return.
Thanks! Yes, they all have a work permit based temporary residence in the UK. Anything else I should keep in mind? From my nephew’s perspective, do I have to include anything in his application specifically? For context, he is 10 years old.

Reactions: ashmaitsingh

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks! Yes, they all have a work permit based temporary residence in the UK. Anything else I should keep in mind? From my nephew’s perspective, do I have to include anything in his application specifically? For context, he is 10 years old.
If their work permits expire within the next twos year that will be an issue. Processing from the UK is about a year as current processing is about 334 days. You can read about the many people on the forum waiting for TRVs/work permits from the UK for over a year. Do they have a US visa? If so, may be processed faster.

For child, show proof of school registration/paid tuition. Your sister’s ties are weak if she is not employer and not living in home country.

priyadk18

Jun 1, 2020
Hi, I have a question regarding the family visitor visa application.
applied for my mom and dad together- with the mother being the principal applicant.

My mother received her UCI number and biometrics letter yesterday whereas my father's application status is still in "Submitted".

Has anyone of you had the same experience?

Parthvi2023

Mar 1, 2023
I applied for my brother's visitor visa (India)

Online application- June 3rd
Biometric letter - June 8th
Biometric Completed - June 15th

Waiting for next steps

RamyaPrem

Mar 19, 2019
applied for my mom and dad together- with the mother being the principal applicant.

My mother received her UCI number and biometrics letter yesterday whereas my father's application status is still in "Submitted".

Applied using GCkey for my dad and UCI number not generated.

ashmaitsingh

Star Member
Apr 13, 2023

lot of people have reported this, your father should hopefully get his biometrics letter in a week's time.

Reactions: priyadk18