+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2023 SPOUSAL PR **OUTLAND** Sponsorship (Online/Paper)

Aug 19, 2023
Hello everyone,

Here is my timeline:

Application Submission Date: First submitted on 21.4.2023 then submitted on 15.6.2023
Sponsor: Citizen of Canada living outside of Canada in Pakistan.
AOR Received: Not received but got an email for Additional Info required (more details below) and to submit biometric documents. is there a separate AOR email?
Sponsor Approval Date: 18.8.2023

I have added my status in the google doc.

Police certificates:
Although, i have been requested two additional documents, which is Malaysia Police certificate and Germany Police Certificate as i lived in these countries 10 years ago and 8 years ago for 6 months and 1 year respectively. How can i get these letters now and i saw on the link here that i do not need a certificate if i lived in the country for less than 1 year? Similarly, anyone knows process for getting Germany Police certificate?

Biometrics:
Moreover, i already have a TRV issued to me in 2019 and i have already travelled on it to canada in 2019 but they are still asking me to pay fee for my biometrics. Dont they already have those from me and as they are valid for 10 years? What should i do in this scenario?

Tracking:
I am unable to create an account for tracking my application with UCI or application number mentioned in the email i have received. What's the best way to do that?

Thanks for your help!

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2023
Hi All,

Hope you all are doing well.

Have a query regarding spousal PR application. I am applying for my wife and my son PR where am unemployed since last 2 years. Is it mandatory to show T4 or minimum income in the application?

Thanks in advance for reading and sharing the information.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Hello everyone,

Here is my timeline:

Application Submission Date: First submitted on 21.4.2023 then submitted on 15.6.2023
AOR Received: Not received but got an email for Additional Info required (more details below) and to submit biometric documents. is there a separate AOR email?

Police certificates:
Although, i have been requested two additional documents, which is Malaysia Police certificate and Germany Police Certificate as i lived in these countries 10 years ago and 8 years ago for 6 months and 1 year respectively. How can i get these letters now and i saw on the link here that i do not need a certificate if i lived in the country for less than 1 year? Similarly, anyone knows process for getting Germany Police certificate?

Biometrics:
Moreover, i already have a TRV issued to me in 2019 and i have already travelled on it to canada in 2019 but they are still asking me to pay fee for my biometrics. Dont they already have those from me and as they are valid for 10 years? What should i do in this scenario?

Tracking:
I am unable to create an account for tracking my application with UCI or application number mentioned in the email i have received. What's the best way to do that?

Thanks for your help!
AOR - is separate email that says:
"This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 202x/xx/xx on behalf of the following member(s):...."

Police Certificates:
Try to get a written statement - either through email/their consulate website - that explicitly says that they will not provide Police Certificates - for someone in your situation. Send that info to CIC through webform.

Biometrics:
They are probably asking you to provide the Receipt of Biometrics fee. it must be somewhere in your email. Attach it in webform and send it asap. Ask explicitly to CIC in webform - i have already done biometrics in 2019 and your website says its valid for 10 years. I have attached the receipt as well. Pls confirm if you accept this.

tracking - im not sure about that one. hopefully someone else can better answer that one.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Hi All,

Hope you all are doing well.

Have a query regarding spousal PR application. I am applying for my wife and my son PR where am unemployed since last 2 years. Is it mandatory to show T4 or minimum income in the application?

Thanks in advance for reading and sharing the information.
Even though unemployed, you must be filing taxes. You must be getting Notice of Assessment. Just attach that if you dont have T4.
I'm not sure if there is any min. income. But i guess CIC will ask you at some stage - perhaps at sponsor eligibility - that how you will bear expenses of your family? Are you taking any benefits from the govt? That will nullify your application, i guess. I believe you will have to provide some financial evidence of how you are surviving in Canada - without a job - perhaps family assistance? whatever it is, provide detailed proof with documents.

abidm6

Star Member
Dec 19, 2015
Hi All,

Do they check Sponsors job history written in IMM5532, with their previous citizenship application. As by mistake a part time job was missed in IMM5532. but this job was mentioned in his previous citizenship application. will this have any effect?

Oct 18, 2021
Hello everyone,

Here is my timeline:

Police certificates:

Biometrics:

Tracking:

Thanks for your help!
Hi,

The IRCC website says, "
If you apply for permanent residence on or after June 14, 2023, You need to give your biometrics, even if you gave them in the last 10 years. As of June 14, 2023, we’re resuming biometrics collection for all permanent residence applicants."

Reactions: crumblingcloud

mrsalehi

Jun 23, 2021
H
reposting for @crumblingcloud and everyone...

If you apply for permanent residence on or after June 14, 2023
You need to give your biometrics, even if you gave them in the last 10 years. As of June 14, 2023, we’re resuming biometrics collection for all permanent residence applicants.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/campaigns/biometrics/facts.html
Hey guys I have a question
If I give biometrics for permanent residency for first time if I apply TRV do I have to give biometric again for TRV?

mzt18

Sep 21, 2021
Even though unemployed, you must be filing taxes. You must be getting Notice of Assessment. Just attach that if you dont have T4.
I'm not sure if there is any min. income. But i guess CIC will ask you at some stage - perhaps at sponsor eligibility - that how you will bear expenses of your family? Are you taking any benefits from the govt? That will nullify your application, i guess. I believe you will have to provide some financial evidence of how you are surviving in Canada - without a job - perhaps family assistance? whatever it is, provide detailed proof with documents.
Hello, had a query - if sponsor is on EI currently, does it nullify the application?

thepanesar

Jan 17, 2020
spousal PR application
File submission: 5 June
AOR : 4 August
Biometric given on : 21 August
Medical given on : 22 August

How long it usually takes to update biometrics and medical in their system

and what about next process with timeline

thanks

ShielaMaeSenso

Jun 14, 2023
Hello everyone,

Here is my timeline:

Police certificates:

Biometrics:

Tracking:

Thanks for your help!
Hi, we were also asked to pay for biometrics even though I had completed for trv before too, did you pay? if yes, have you received the biometric request letter? Thanks

Gurjee

Star Member
Aug 22, 2023
I have the same question did somebody get the biometrics request letter from ircc after paying fees when they ask ??

apoddar25

Jul 30, 2023
My sponsor received an email today without any attachment stating as below
'This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2023/06/20 on behalf of the following member(s): My name' ****"'
Is this AOR? If so should I received any other email with attachment?