+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2023 SPOUSAL PR **OUTLAND** Sponsorship (Online/Paper)

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Hi Everyone - Starting thread for June 2023 SPOUSAL PR Applicants. Recently, I have noticed AOR turnaround time is anywhere between 1-2 months. This is great as its followed by SA (Sponsorship Approval), after which you can apply for TRV. Let's hope the usage of automated technology helps to reduce the timelines further. Please share your submission dates and milestones as your application progresses. All the best to every one.
Starting a google doc for detailed timeline tracking. Please take a min to share your timeline. Its all anonymous!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1W6hIFvgiT10keGOe_JuiQ_OsAR_8RXSlie6vFGlhw4Y/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited:

jainy

Dec 12, 2018
Hi @InfoSeeker12, I am planning to file for spousal sponsorship this month and already have a TRV pending from last year. I am curious, would I have to wait and send my AOR as a webform or send something as soon I submit my spousal sponsorship application to demonstrate that I have already applied?

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Hi @InfoSeeker12, I am planning to file for spousal sponsorship this month and already have a TRV pending from last year. I am curious, would I have to wait and send my AOR as a webform or send something as soon I submit my spousal sponsorship application to demonstrate that I have already applied?
I personally have not gone that route, so I can't tell you from experience. Just based on CIC news from last couple of days, you have to wait for AOR and Sponsorship Approval - then you can submit TRV.
After you submit your Spousal PR application, t will take a 1-2 months to get AOR back and a day or two more, to get Sponsorship Approval. As soon as you get that, i guess sending a WEBFORM from TRV application may be the best option to 'nudge' CIC officers to now process it, since your PR app is all set. Wish you the best.

hemant7788

Jun 1, 2023
I am Canadian citizen and I am currently filling out the sponsorship applications for my wife PR. I am confused about two questions.
Residence in Canada
Do you live in Canada Now?

Are you currently living together?

I took Vacation for my marriage and work from India. I am living with her right now but temporarily. I have been living with her from 1 month. I plan to go back to Canada next month. Should say Yes to above answer or no. I have said No. and explained them that I plan to stay with her for 2 months. Is my answer right?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Hemant

Last edited:

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I am currently filling out the sponsorship applications for my wife PR. I am confused about two questions.
Residence in Canada
Do you live in Canada Now?

Are you currently living together?

I took Vacation for my marriage and work from India. I am living with her right now but temporarily. I have been living with her from 1 month. I plan to go back to Canada next month. Should say Yes to above answer or no. I have said No. and explained them that I plan to stay with her for 2 months. Is my answer right?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Hemant
Are you a Canadian citizen? If you are a PR, you need to be back in Canada to sponsor your spouse.
So when you apply after travelling back to Canada, the answer will be Yes for Q1 and No for Q2.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Actually I am Canadian citizen.
I see. You've updated your post. It's good to provide information for us to give you the correct suggestion.

Then you can asnwer NO and Yes in the 2 questions.

Once you returned to Canada, update your informat via webform.

You will need to provide intend to move back. Which should be easy since you are only temporary leaving Canada.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Hi Everyone.

June 2023 Spousal Applicant? Have you shared yet?

Firstly are you JUNE APPLICANT? Have you shared your timeline on this sheet yet?
Please do, if you haven't yet already. Why? With all the recent changes, usage of computers in CIC, accelerating Spousal PR timelines, arrival of AOR/SAs, how the TRV/OWP process goes....everyone is flocking to the site for answers. We all families and have our reasons to wish/hope that we are with them asap. Finding about updates on timelines, helps ease anxiety and also helps us to know if something has gone wrong with our application.
So please be considerate of others, and share your info too. Here's the link to share....its all anonymous!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1W6hIFvgiT10keGOe_JuiQ_OsAR_8RXSlie6vFGlhw4Y/edit?usp=sharing

Recent timelines of Outland Spousal PRs - All in one message!

Ok now for the ones who have already shared. For our mutual benefit, below are links to some recent timelines for Outland Spousal PRs. This should help you in knowing how long its taking, generally for each stage/request. Might help you to plan accordingly.
You may have to click on "expand signature" on some of these messages to see the complete timeline in their signature section.

Oct'22: timeline
Oct'22: timeline
October 2022 Status: COPR and PPR started to be issued

Jan'23: timeline
January 2023 Status: AOR, SA, Biometrics, Medicals, Eligibility, Pre-Arrival Letter, Background (in-progress)

Feb'23: timeline
February Status: AOR, SA, Biometrics, Medicals, Eligibility

Mar'23: timeline
March Status: AOR, SA, Biometrics, Medicals

Apr'23: timeline
April Status: AOR

May & June: Just submitted and warming our chairs - looking at Canadavisa for updates! :)

Relax.....we will all get there, slowly and surely....hopefully :)

Last edited: