+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2023 SPOUSAL PR **OUTLAND** Sponsorship (Online/Paper)

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Before Covid 19, all permanent residence applicants were required to do biometrics irrespective of whether they had done it for temporary residence, but this procedure was suspended due to Covid 19. Now that Covid is over, IRCC has reverted to the previous procedure.
@pranavrai2808
If you apply for permanent residence on or after June 14, 2023
You need to give your biometrics, even if you gave them in the last 10 years. As of June 14, 2023, we’re resuming biometrics collection for all permanent residence applicants.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/campaigns/biometrics/facts.html

Reactions: pranavrai2808

pranavrai2808

Apr 20, 2021
Is biometrics not valid for 10 yrs? If you simply upload the receipt of previous biometric, that would not work?
Since you have received both, AOR and SA, imo you are all set for trv.
Thanks for sharing the link where it mentions that from june14, 2023 onwards, one needs to pay for biometric irrespective of whether or not is paid before.

Going to complete the steps as required by CIC.

Question again - what does SA stand for? as you mentioned that "Since you have received both, AOR and SA, imo you are all set for trv."

canada calling2384

Jan 8, 2015
Hi All *****Urgent query please advice asap********* My spousal pr application was submitted on June 7 and received AOR on Aug 9, I am working with consultant to have visitor visa raised for my wife (2 times rejected TRV applied before AOR), my consultant advises my wife to do upfront medicals for trv , this will help in having the case stronger and in fact this medicals can be used to the Spousal PR application. As per trend i am anticipating to have the medical request in another month, my questions is do you suggest doing upfront medicals for TRV or are there any risk/concerns if my wife does medicals upfront. Please share your expertise on this question. Thank you for all your inputs in advance

sukhjass826

Aug 15, 2023
Applied 5th June
AOR 04 August
TRV applied 08 August
TRV( BIL) 09 august
Biometrics done on 14 august
BIL on 15 august for PR application

I want to ask that my wife has already given biometric do she needs to give biometric for pr application

Hopealive

Star Member
Nov 24, 2021
Hi All *****Urgent query please advice asap********* My spousal pr application was submitted on June 7 and received AOR on Aug 9, I am working with consultant to have visitor visa raised for my wife (2 times rejected TRV applied before AOR), my consultant advises my wife to do upfront medicals for trv , this will help in having the case stronger and in fact this medicals can be used to the Spousal PR application. As per trend i am anticipating to have the medical request in another month, my questions is do you suggest doing upfront medicals for TRV or are there any risk/concerns if my wife does medicals upfront. Please share your expertise on this question. Thank you for all your inputs in advance
The consultant is being calculated. The logic behind higher approval rate
of the spousal TRV is that the spousal sponsorship PR is deemed to have over 98% approval. In spousal PR application, once the sponsor passed the eligibility, the only requirements for the PA to be approved are criminality, security and medical. Security and criminality will be assessed for all TRV, it you now add medical and you passed, then your spousal PR has over 98% chance of approval. Then your TRV application has a higher chance of approval

Reactions: prashanfernando

pranavrai2808

Apr 20, 2021
Thanks for sharing the link where it mentions that from june14, 2023 onwards, one needs to pay for biometric irrespective of whether or not is paid before.

Question again - what does SA stand for? as you mentioned that "Since you have received both, AOR and SA, imo you are all set for trv."
Applied 5th June
AOR 04 August
TRV applied 08 August
TRV( BIL) 09 august
Biometrics done on 14 august
BIL on 15 august for PR application

I want to ask that my wife has already given biometric do she needs to give biometric for pr application
Based on what I have seen and understood yes you would be required to give biometrics for PR. Just a query - did you not pay fee for biometrics while filling PR application? If yes, you will have to give biometrics.

Biometrics given for TRV is valid for 10 years and in some case where one had a rejection for TRV earlier, can now file for TRV with this latest norm( Fraiser announcement) and would not be needed go for biometrics.

Reactions: sukhjass826

pranavrai2808

Apr 20, 2021
anyone who has applied for TRV, plz share list of documents you uploaded on a high level, funds requirements, travel plan details, etc. Would be helpful to know.

sukhjass826

Aug 15, 2023
Based on what I have seen and understood yes you would be required to give biometrics for PR. Just a query - did you not pay fee for biometrics while filling PR application? If yes, you will have to give biometrics.

Biometrics given for TRV is valid for 10 years and in some case where one had a rejection for TRV earlier, can now file for TRV with this latest norm( Fraiser announcement) and would not be needed go for biometrics.
we have paid for biometrics both of times.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013

sponsorship approval.
I know everyone will shout here - NO only AOR is required for TRV. but i prefer to be safe than sorry. So its better to let your Spousal application progress atleast to SA stage, then apply for TRV. Even then there is no guarantee, but at least you can write clearly that your application and sponsor eligibility is accepted by CIC and only then you are applying for TRV.

Reactions: prashanfernando

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Hi Everyone - I am glad to see that we have 70 applicants in our tracker as of this morning....and thats just from June! That's really a healthy data set. Our applications are sent from different countries, hence it will be handled by different Visa Offices as well. I guess all of these factors will help us to prepare and have some understanding of our PR timeline.
Thank you once again for volunteering to share your info. Please do continue sharing the dates and updates as your application progresses along.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1W6hIFvgiT10keGOe_JuiQ_OsAR_8RXSlie6vFGlhw4Y/edit?usp=sharing

pranavrai2808

Apr 20, 2021
sponsorship approval.
I know everyone will shout here - NO only AOR is required for TRV. but i prefer to be safe than sorry. So its better to let your Spousal application progress atleast to SA stage, then apply for TRV. Even then there is no guarantee, but at least you can write clearly that your application and sponsor eligibility is accepted by CIC and only then you are applying for TRV.
Thanks man. Each day something is happening now. Is there anyone else here who is required to get CSQ ( for Quebec). today my wife ( sponsor) got mail to proceed with MIDI undertaking to get CSQ. And I checked the forms, they are in French. Anyone knows how to fill?

yekinney

Jul 19, 2023
Expand signature
Submitted: june 9, 2023 Outland
AOR: August 12, 2023
BIL: August 15, 2023
Biometrics: August 17, 2023

SowmyaSridhar

Aug 17, 2023
My TRV was rejected twice. I am planning to apply for spousal PR however I want to know whether my TRV rejection would impact my spousal pr process, secondly would it delay the process. I am seeing a trend of spouse PR approval in 6-8 months. Secondly I also raised a webform and I got a confirmation from IRCC that my additional documents are added and under review. Will webform help or assist me in any way

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
My TRV was rejected twice. I am planning to apply for spousal PR however I want to know whether my TRV rejection would impact my spousal pr process, secondly would it delay the process. I am seeing a trend of spouse PR approval in 6-8 months. Secondly I also raised a webform and I got a confirmation from IRCC that my additional documents are added and under review. Will webform help or assist me in any way
As per new directives announced on May 24 under new Family Reunification program, its preferred first to apply for SPOUSAL PR, with all required and country specific documents. Once you get AOR and Sponsorship approval on your Spousal PR then apply for TRV. And under the new program, they will respond quickly and hopefully positively, provided you have given all required information. Check the messages and discussions on this forum about new policies and you will find lot of useful info.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/new-trv-measures-from-ircc-for-spouses-having-sponsorship-application.803791/

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/trv-for-spouse-and-dependant.803609/page-48#post-10579331