+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2022 - Citizenship Applicants

yxecanada

Mar 9, 2023
sorry to hear that. Why don't you get certificate and then applying from abroad? I hope I get certificate on Tuesday
Thanks. I think It is more expensive applying from abroad and I dont think I can get the certificate before I leave. Its all good. I’ll just stick to the plan.

felipeoxavier

Star Member
Jul 7, 2019
Sorry man! I give up. I travel on Monday. So I have everything ready just waiting for the certificate. I have authorized someone to submit and retrieve my passport application on my behalf. I have to bear expidited shipping fees to my abroad.
Sorry to hear you won't be getting your certificate in time. What do you have to do to authorize someone to submit and retrieve your passport application?

may2019

Star Member
Jun 21, 2019
Still waiting Oath
My time line
I applied in November 2021
Jan 17, 2022 Application filed
Oct 24, 2022 Fingerprints required
Nov 2, 2022 Fingerprint results: Received
Nov 3, 2022 Activity status updated: Background verification completed
Mar 14, 2023 Activity status updated: Citizenship test
Mar 20, 2023 Activity status updated: Citizenship test status has been updated to Completed.

Apr 12, 2023 Interview required

Apr 12, 2023Prohibitions status has been updated to Completed.
Apr 12, 2023 Physical presence status has been updated to Completed.
Apr 12, 2023 Language skills status has been updated to Completed.

Last Updated:April 14, 2023
My question when approximately time for Oath
Any one like me
Thanks all
I noticed that there was one year between test completed and LPP completed. Did you do anything during that time to move the progress forward?

Aslam717

Star Member
Sep 23, 2017
Halifax, NS
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Still waiting Oath
My time line
I applied in November 2021
Jan 17, 2022 Application filed
Oct 24, 2022 Fingerprints required
Nov 2, 2022 Fingerprint results: Received
Nov 3, 2022 Activity status updated: Background verification completed
Mar 14, 2023 Activity status updated: Citizenship test
Mar 20, 2023 Activity status updated: Citizenship test status has been updated to Completed.

Apr 12, 2023 Interview required

Apr 12, 2023Prohibitions status has been updated to Completed.
Apr 12, 2023 Physical presence status has been updated to Completed.
Apr 12, 2023 Language skills status has been updated to Completed.

Last Updated:April 14, 2023
My question when approximately time for Oath
Any one like me
Thanks all
Any time within 3 to 6 weeks, your oath going to be. My PPL was updated on March 15 and got oath for May 31. Even, there was almost two weeks strike in between too.

CoorsHeavy

Star Member
Jul 16, 2022
Any time within 3 to 6 weeks, your oath going to be. My PPL was updated on March 15 and got oath for May 31. Even, there was almost two weeks strike in between too.
LPP - April 19th , Sauga office - snails.
usually 1 week to 3 months is the oath time after LPP

Last edited:

IOI1984

Star Member
Aug 4, 2018
@TheCanadianBeast have you received your certificate?
Wife got hers in 3 days after oath (Scarborough)
I had the oath before her but still waiting for Mississauga office, nothing in the mailbox. Is this normal?
I am on the lookout for Canada Post trucks all day haha!

TheCanadianBeast

Apr 20, 2023
@TheCanadianBeast have you received your certificate?
Wife got hers in 3 days after oath (Scarborough)
I had the oath before her but still waiting for Mississauga office, nothing in the mailbox. Is this normal?
I am on the lookout for Canada Post trucks all day haha!
@IOI1984 Haven’t received it buddy… I also check my mailbox few times everyday… I called the call center and they confirmed that the certificates were mailed out on May 15th Monday. So we should get it in the week or so…

Reactions: IOI1984

nazgul86

Jul 31, 2018
My case was updated as completed on May 20 after giving virtual Oath on the 18 (Mississauga), just waiting for the citizen certificate. I live in Toronto. How long does it usually take?

Last edited:
Reactions: felipeoxavier

felipeoxavier

Star Member
Jul 7, 2019
My case was updated as completed on May 20 after giving virtual Oath on the 18 (Mississauga), just waiting for the citizen certificate. I live in Toronto. How long does it usually take?
I also did my virtual oath with the Mississauga office on the 18, but my tracker hasn't updated yet. Do you remember the initials of the officer you sent your oath form to?
They say if it's been updated to completed, your certificate has been mailed out. So by the end of next week you should receive the certificate. You can also call IRCC to confirm.

nazgul86

Jul 31, 2018
I also did my virtual oath with the Mississauga office on the 18, but my tracker hasn't updated yet. Do you remember the initials of the officer you sent your oath form to?
They say if it's been updated to completed, your certificate has been mailed out. So by the end of next week you should receive the certificate. You can also call IRCC to confirm.
Thanks for the info, the initials were AP, best of luck!

Reactions: felipeoxavier

Aslam717

Star Member
Sep 23, 2017
Halifax, NS
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
I applied for citizenship application with family but separately. Mine, June 27, 2022 (online); wife's June 28, 2022 (online); and minor son's on July 7, 2022 (paper base). We gave test on December 9, 2022 and updated next day. Now, my oath is on May 31, 2023. But the concern is that wife only has passed test update and nothing else. Rest of the tabs still show "in progress". Whereas, son's all tabs are "in progress". Any feedback would be appreciated. Thank you.

okbangaram

Star Member
Apr 30, 2015
Jun 8, 2022 ==> Application filed
Feb 2, 2023 ==> Citizenship test completed

LPP is still not completed. Waiting for an update. Its been a while. Wondering if my app is getting delayed because I gave the test outside Canada?

Anybody else in the same situation? I guess most of the folks in the June 2022 batch have already been done with their Oath ceremony as well.

I called up IRCC and they looked up my app and they don't see anything "non-routine" with the app. I requested GCMS notes a month back roughly.. waiting for it.

Another option is to wait for one more month and then fly to Canada and then tell them that I returned back to Canada along with proof and see if that will help speed up the application.

sarahurc

Mar 10, 2020
My whole Journey for being Canadian:

Profile Update: Single/no dependant
TFW-383days ,PR-365days
Eligible Days total=1095days
June 15 Online Mississauga
June 20 Aor/filed
Nov 24/26 GU BG completed
Dec 16 GU -system update
Jan 13/17 GU test invite (SCR office)
Jan 17 Email Test invite received
(Test window Jan 20 - Feb 09)
Jan 20 Online Test Passed 16/20
Jan 23/25 GU Test completed
March 2 -system update
March 14/16 LPP completed
May 03/05 GU Oath in progess (May 17, 2023)
May 09 Email invitation received (In-person Oath Mississauga)

------Journey to Oath the big day----
(3085 Glen erin, Mississauga IRCC)
May 17 In-Person Oath Ceremony. Upon arrival pay for the parking (Approximate 3hrs start to finish). 8:30am ETA, bring the Email Invitation first & Last page of the paper along with PR Card & 1Identification present to the guard (Line-up to go inside and prepare for checking in ID's, after they will give instructions of designated sitting area which row & sitting number). After checking-in, 10mins speech and 10mins bathroom break. Return at 9am Judge speece. 10am Oath swearing. 10:30 Line-up for signature at the back secretary and come forward (like graduation ceremony they will call each name one by one asking "What do u do"). Certificate handed at Front 10:30am by Judge or officer. 11:00am all finish - Singing national Anthem in both languages for finally. 11:05 Line-up for Picture taking by the judge (You can opt to invite your guest to come with you with Judge to have Photos meanwhile the Guard is the one taking picture -hand over the Camera to him). Or you can go ahead without having Pics with the Judge.....very exciting!

--Officially Canadian Citizen today! yay!
Congratulations! Was your guest able to wait at IRCC for the ceremony to start or was there a different arrival time for the guests?