+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2022 - Citizenship Applicants

mj_toronto

Mar 28, 2018
I landed in canada in 2015 and went back . After 3 years i came back to canada on May 2018. I have started filing returns from 2018 and did not filed income tax returns for 2015, 2016 and 2017 as i was non resident. Now i am filing my Citizenship papers.
I have It returns for 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021. I don't have IT returns for 2017 as i never filed being non resident.
My question is where to put tick in " Required to file" in Question 12. It should be Yes or No
You should tick "No" in "Required to file".

mj_toronto

Mar 28, 2018
I have couple of Questions to ask while sending documents for Citizenship:

1) My daughter is 14 years old. Do i need to fill Authorised Representative form for my Daughter ?
2) I need to submit PCc from other country. Do i need to submit Original or Photocopy of that ?
No, if a parent is filing on behalf of the child, "Authorised Representative form" is not required.

PCC original needs to be submitted, you should keep a copy for your record though.

mj_toronto

Mar 28, 2018
Can someone answer my question? We family of 4 applied for citizenship application on 22 April 2020 by mail We received AOR in September 2022 but as we got notes from IRCC it's written that they have received our applications on 1st May 2020. Now when will our processing has started. At IRCC website says processing time starts when application reaches their mailbox. Pls reply
Difficult to say conclusively - whether AOR was just backlogged in the system even though the processing had started in 2020 OR it was actually that the processing was delayed.
The best way to get an answer would be to call IRCC.

everyonesbestfriend

Star Member
Dec 24, 2018
I believe you get a separate email for fingerprint that includes private information like your reference ID and (at least for paper) and the FP results are to be mailed out to a physical address - not sure if it's any different for online applicants. Folks can correct me if I'm wrong.

I think the same goes for other requests (such as any RQ or additional documents) as well. Obviously, I'd continue to reach out to IRCC to get the problem fixed but even the person with the longest wait was apparently able to get create their account before/around the test. I forgot who the poster was but I believe they couldn't use it for 6 months but was eventually seeing their updates.

Just out of curiosity, can you try these and see if it helps:
1. Adding a space at the end of the application ID at the time of signup process
2. Accessing the tracker from a different machine preferably a work computer
None of this works, first of all spaces are not allowed in the field, secondly I tried like 5 different devices. Funny enough, it’s been a month and it is still not working giving me the same error. I am curious if anyone applying in Edmonton has the same issue?

Reactions: sahibo

sahibo

Star Member
Jun 7, 2022
None of this works, first of all spaces are not allowed in the field, secondly I tried like 5 different devices. Funny enough, it’s been a month and it is still not working giving me the same error. I am curious if anyone applying in Edmonton has the same issue?
I called an IRCC agent (after 10+ tries) but she said that it’s a technical issue so she can’t help. I’ll try registering again in September (3 months after AOR). Personally I’m only worried about missing the citizenship test (in case their test invite email doesn’t show up).

JavInHA

May 31, 2022
@sd6360 I was going through the tracker and found yours and another family's June application that still hasn't received AOR. Yours was submitted around the same time as us. I am just curious if you have managed to speak to an IRCC agent regarding the delay? As per the tracker, most of the applications delivered in early June have received AOR.

Also, could someone share a link for the forum's WhatsApp group? Thanks.

sbyyc

Jul 8, 2022
Me too. Same situation. Keep us posted please.thank you
Howdy ya'll!

Here's my timeline.

Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1332
Application: Single
Application Sent: July 2, 2022
AOR: July 7, 2022

Now, I'm trying to create the account in the Citizenship Status Tracker but I keep getting the error: Incorrect UCI or application number. Please try again.

I'm guessing I'm not the only one, so I'll keep trying and update ya'll if I get through.
So I just tried to create an account in the Citizenship Status Tracker and I was able to get through. Citizenship application status now shows: In Progress.

1. Language Skills: In Progress
  2. Physical Presence: In Progress
  3. Background Verifications: In Progress
  4. Prohibitions: In Progress
  5. Updated: 18th July.
I did not receive any emails however, letting me know that I could create an account in the citizenship tracker.

Reactions: Te9944

Saga

Star Member
Feb 20, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 September 2010
AOR Received.
26 September 2010
Med's Request
22 February 2011
Med's Done....
29 March 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
19 April 2011
LANDED..........
26 May 2011
Hello - I submitted two applications, one for myself and another one for my wife. My wife received her AOR on June 10 with application number and she was able to register online for the tracker. I received an AOR but without an application number. Has anyone seen something like that before? If yes, can you let me know how you solved for this?

Here are our info to be added to the tracker:

Type: Paper application
Physical Presence Days: 1192
Application: Family (2 adults)
Application sent: May 28, 2022
Delivered: June 1, 2022
AOR (wife): June 10, 2022
AOR (myself): June 13, 2022

vijayniranjan04

Star Member
Feb 22, 2018
Application Delivered Date :- Jun 28
Application type (paper based/ Online) paper. (2 Adult 1 kid)
City:- Durham , ON
Days in Canada:- 1300
AOR:- Jul 18

Ybass98

Mar 21, 2022
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1220
Application: Single
Application submitted: June 1st, 2022
AOR: June 4th, 2022

trampoline2022

Jul 11, 2022
Has anyone received an email from IRCC with the subject line: "Follow the progress of your citizenship grant application". I had received AOR for my application on 12 July and received an email with the subject mentioned above today(19 July). Is it a regular email or does it mean they "actually" started processing the application from today? The status is "In Progress" from 13 July in the tracker.

Last edited:

iceman55

May 1, 2022
Has anyone receive an email from IRCC with the subject line: "Follow the progress of your citizenship grant application". I had received AOR for my application on 12 July and received an email with the subject mentioned above today(19 July). Is it a regular email or does it mean they "actually" started processing the application from today? The status is "In Progress" from 13 July in the tracker.
Even if it doesn't display to the applicant, I'd think it has to relate to some event in the backend. Possibly they mailed out the applications to the local offices (if paper) or it's assigned to an officer?