+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2022 - Citizenship Applicants

everyonesbestfriend

Star Member
Dec 24, 2018
I believe the system takes UCIs with or without dashes, so no problem there. Also I think the old ecas system (for paper) works with either UCI or the Application number.

This seems to be some kind of IT issue. Clearly they have multiple systems and possibly data transfer happens overnight and potentially there were some errors at that time. There was one other post in this forum where the applicant couldn't create an account for 6 months but the application was processing in the background, which is a relief.

The only place where having an account can make a real difference seems to be the headsup you get before the test or when the invite email goes missing. Hopefully you'll get the account working sooner than that. It's started working at random times for others like a week to two or sometimes a month after AOR,
Thanks, but what if they ask for finger prints or any additional information- is it going to be separate email? How do you upload this if you don’t have an account? That’s my main concern…

Reactions: sahibo

iceman55

May 1, 2022
Thanks, but what if they ask for finger prints or any additional information- is it going to be separate email? How do you upload this if you don’t have an account? That’s my main concern…
I believe you get a separate email for fingerprint that includes private information like your reference ID and (at least for paper) and the FP results are to be mailed out to a physical address - not sure if it's any different for online applicants. Folks can correct me if I'm wrong.

I think the same goes for other requests (such as any RQ or additional documents) as well. Obviously, I'd continue to reach out to IRCC to get the problem fixed but even the person with the longest wait was apparently able to get create their account before/around the test. I forgot who the poster was but I believe they couldn't use it for 6 months but was eventually seeing their updates.

Just out of curiosity, can you try these and see if it helps:
1. Adding a space at the end of the application ID at the time of signup process
2. Accessing the tracker from a different machine preferably a work computer

Braile

Star Member
Feb 23, 2021
Hi All!

Am I the only June applicant who has not yet received AOR? Paper based application delivered in the last days of June.

Are there any other mid-late June applicants still waiting for AOR?

StrongBoy

Mar 3, 2020
Hi All!

Am I the only June applicant who has not yet received AOR? Paper based application delivered in the last days of June.

Are there any other mid-late June applicants still waiting for AOR?
Even I am waiting for the same... mine was delivered on 30th June

Milaby

Star Member
Apr 29, 2017
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
28-04-2017
I was able to create an account today after trying for a week

Reactions: sehmuz

Abdelilah

Apr 8, 2017
Calgary
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/08/2018
Doc's Request.
07/11/2018
AOR Received.
19/08/2018
LANDED..........
17/02/2019
Hi everyone,

I have 3 questions, if someone can help :

- What is considered a sensible time to order GCMS notes ? are they worthy for a citizenship application ?
- Single vs family ? paper vs online ? do they have the same processing times ?
- What is exactly ECAS ? I've read some answers that only paper based applications have access to it.

Thanks everyone

sehmuz

May 17, 2022
What was the issue? it was like incorr UCI/ application no or some other issue?
I had the same problem incorrect UCI/application no. Today I was able to create it. I received my AOR on July 6th.

Your citizenship application status: In progress

Reactions: Te9944

Abdelilah

Apr 8, 2017
Calgary
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/08/2018
Doc's Request.
07/11/2018
AOR Received.
19/08/2018
LANDED..........
17/02/2019
I had the same problem incorrect UCI/application no. Today I was able to create it. I received my AOR on July 6th.

Your citizenship application status: In progress
So then it's just a matter of time, some can create their accounts sooner than others.
Great you were able to open an account, at least it gives an "idea" on what's going on.

Saira Naseer

Apr 27, 2021
Hi All

Please find my details below

Type: Paper application
Physical Presence Days: 1101
Application: Family (2 adults + 2 minor)
Application sent: 30th May, 2022
Delivered: June 1st, 2022
AOR: Waiting
So your processing starts from June 1 st 2022.

Saira Naseer

Apr 27, 2021
Can someone answer my question? We family of 4 applied for citizenship application on 22 April 2020 by mail We received AOR in September 2022 but as we got notes from IRCC it's written that they have received our applications on 1st May 2020. Now when will our processing has started. At IRCC website says processing time starts when application reaches their mailbox. Pls reply

yourfather

Jan 31, 2018
I submitted my application on June 14th online and received AOR on June 21st. But received a letter to upload police certificates in all countries where I resided for over 181days.

After immigrating to Canada as PR in Dec 2018. I havent been to any country for over a month. So should I upload the previous police certificates and write an explaination letter?

What was your experience? There was no ask about police certificates in the citizenship application. Did anyone receive a request for police certificate?

sandy1977

Star Member
May 31, 2013
I have couple of Questions to ask while sending documents for Citizenship:

1) My daughter is 14 years old. Do i need to fill Authorised Representative form for my Daughter ?
2) I need to submit PCc from other country. Do i need to submit Original or Photocopy of that ?

sandy1977

Star Member
May 31, 2013
I landed in canada in 2015 and went back . After 3 years i came back to canada on May 2018. I have started filing returns from 2018 and did not filed income tax returns for 2015, 2016 and 2017 as i was non resident. Now i am filing my Citizenship papers.
I have It returns for 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021. I don't have IT returns for 2017 as i never filed being non resident.
My question is where to put tick in " Required to file" in Question 12. It should be Yes or No

mj_toronto

Mar 28, 2018
I submitted my application on June 14th online and received AOR on June 21st. But received a letter to upload police certificates in all countries where I resided for over 181days.

After immigrating to Canada as PR in Dec 2018. I haven't been to any country for over a month. So should I upload the previous police certificates and write an explanation letter?

What was your experience? There was no ask about police certificates in the citizenship application. Did anyone receive a request for a police certificate?
Well, there can be only one possible explanation - did you do the soft landing, and returned to the home country before finally settling in Canada. If that is the case they would be asking for a Police Clearance from the home country.
I can't think of any reason why they would ask for police clearance for any country where you only spend a max. 1 month in the last 4 years.