+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2020 **Outland** Spousal Sponsorship

devonks

Jun 10, 2020
Need an opinion from you all. My wife called IRCC today and gave our temp file number and the agent could not find our file. When she called few months back they told us that the application is being scanned to the system and everything is complete and was given temp file number. My question
  1. Since the agent today couldnt find our application , was it been returned?
  2. Do my wife (sponsor) get an email when the app gets returned
  3. Even if the app got returned, would there be a trace of the spousal application, atleast the agent should have found the application even returned right?
  4. If I were to call from US to canada in 1888 number to talk with IRCC how can I do so?
Waiting for your response and thanking you in advance.

mandy24

Jan 4, 2021
I would call again without giving reference to the temp application number. Just give your details and see if maybe you now have a permanent number or they might just have better details on your name or your wife’s: I called just yesterday and my application is still waiting to be assigned to an officer.

dw33

Champion Member
Dec 28, 2020
I dont think you get any notification about returned. It just gets returned. Could be wrong but my understanding its returned.

devonks

Jun 10, 2020
I dont think you get any notification about returned. It just gets returned. Could be wrong but my understanding its returned.
Thank you dw33, even though it is returned would that be on their system since they would scan all the paper application right? Upon giving my information they could not even find my application.

devonks

Jun 10, 2020
I would call again without giving reference to the temp application number. Just give your details and see if maybe you now have a permanent number or they might just have better details on your name or your wife’s: I called just yesterday and my application is still waiting to be assigned to an officer.
When we called them few months back they told us that the application is complete and is now being soon assigned to an officer. Not sure what happened.

mandy24

Jan 4, 2021
That really sucks it would be one thing to wait this long and get the ball rolling but to wait this long for it to be returned. That’s just depressing. Keep trying maybe you will get another rep who will be tons more helpful. I read even though it’s returned they are still able to verify that with you atleast that’s what I saw someone post.

devonks

Jun 10, 2020
Oh wow ok that is weird. Even with your details still no number. Their is no method to their madness
Also I am in USA and I am trying to find a way to call IRCC 1888 number tried from my phone several times and its not working (may be 1888 number is for local canadian use only) any work around anyone? I am so frustrated that its taking so many months and I want to call them again.

mandy24

Jan 4, 2021
found this online
How do I contact Canada Immigration from outside Canada?
Telephone:
  1. 1-800-567-6868 (toll-free in Canada or U.S.)
  2. +1 819 997 8338 (outside Canada and U.S.

moetorious

Jun 2, 2020
We had the same concern as you, whether it was delivered because it was taking a long time to get AOR. When we asked for the proof from them. They got confirmation from the local company that it was delivered. You will have to call DHL and get them to get the confirmation info from the local carrier. DHL saying "Delivery arranged" is not confirmation IMO. Tell them you want the date and time it was delivered. Ours was and probably yours was too. If it will give you peace of mind you will have to press them harder for the info.
I called DHL Canada and then said this was 6 months ago and everything is deleted from their system (they keep everything for 3 months), so they where no help they couldnt even tell me the name of the 3rd party, I called loomies and explained my situation and they couldnt help either, So im just going to cross my finger and hope it was delivered.

moetorious

Jun 2, 2020
found this online
How do I contact Canada Immigration from outside Canada?
Telephone:
  1. 1-800-567-6868 (toll-free in Canada or U.S.)
  2. +1 819 997 8338 (outside Canada and U.S.
I tired this it seems like this is the passport service line.

mandy24

Jan 4, 2021
Yikes... this is nerve wrecking I’m sure. But rest assured mine was also received late June 9th and I’ve heard nothing as well. Maybe we are in backlog somehow.