Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
30-05-2018
AOR Received.
11-07-2018
Could you share with us how the email looks like and what it said? you can hide all your private info though thank you
UCI: ###
Application No.: ###
Quote these numbers when corresponding with our office.

This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.

Dear NAME OF SPONSOR,

This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2018/05/30 on behalf of the following member(s):

NAME OF APPLICANT

There was more info at the bottom regarding what happens from now on ...

cherie29

Jun 19, 2018
We made the same mistake back in may :( sadly it was sent back and we had to pay the other fees and re submit.
hi. I am sorry to hear that. how long does it take for them to return the application to you?
may i know the estimate timeline so i can know when to expect the returning application :(

cherie29

Jun 19, 2018
Hi ive seen this case a lot. I suggest to try calling them and explain your situation. A few people had the same case as yours they called cic and cic just asked them to add the rest of fee in the web form without returning the application.
Hi! thanks for giving me some hope. We did try calling CIC but nobody picking up the call.
1-888-242-2100 - is this the right number to call and check it?
Thanks in advance!

BrasilCan

Star Member
Jun 25, 2018
AOR Received.
03-08-2018
hi. I am sorry to hear that. how long does it take for them to return the application to you?
may i know the estimate timeline so i can know when to expect the returning application :(
I am trying to get my signature with my timeline to work but I don't know if its displaying.
We applied on May 3, June 10 the package was stamped at a post office in transit back to us and we received it again on June 21 or 22. They reviewed it within 5 weeks, but it took 10 days in transit from Ontario to our Home in Alberta.

Reactions: cherie29

BrasilCan

Star Member
Jun 25, 2018
AOR Received.
03-08-2018
Hi! thanks for giving me some hope. We did try calling CIC but nobody picking up the call.
1-888-242-2100 - is this the right number to call and check it?
Thanks in advance!
Its very challenging to get a hold of them. We have never had any luck! some people say if you try calling when their offices open (remember their time zones might differ) and keep trying until you get through. After 8am mountain time is already too late. I really hope you can try to get this solved and not wait like we did!!

Jayd10

Star Member
May 14, 2018
Toronto, Ontario
congrats!! did you summit OWP checklist? I realized I missed it. im getting so worried now :(
We also didn't submit the OWP checklist (which was actually an oversight), but I've seen posts on these forums that there are others who also didn't submit an OWP checklist and got AOR and their OWP as scheduled. A search of these forums reveal that there are members assuring others who also didnt include the OWP checklist that it is not required for PR inland sponsorship. I really hope that's correct. Fingers crossed!

As a precaution, I've printed out the checklist and the required documents in case the application is returned and I can send everything out again ASAP.

Last edited: