Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Russia...all my friends have received theirs ppr's though....so dont think it is the issue...just Review Required and Sydney, Nova Scotia office...

no thoughts anymore....

everyone says everything looks fine...
Did you try to fix the Review required?

sur2018

Star Member
Jul 9, 2018
Hi @tobs, all is well with BF :) He was offered a phD here in Denmark, and since the PPR has yet to come in, we're really unsure of what to choose :) How are you doing? :)
Glad to hear that you have now more options to explore. Good Luck to whatever you decide!

I got my approval email last week, so assume you should be getting any time soon.

The application was transferred from Ottawa to VFS London. Also got set of new notes - the application was literally sitting gathering dust for months with no action.

sur2018

Star Member
Jul 9, 2018
Thanks to all for your help as well as guidance here. I can now see the light at the end of my PPR tunnel but still holding my breath considering how long it has taken so far.

Anyhow, does anybody has experience of dealing with VFS London? Wondering how long COPR takes after submission of required docs (I'm from visa exempt countries)?

Also, for extension of medicals, do we need to provide substantial reason or mere fact that they have taken bloody 9+ months to process is enough premise to request for one?

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Thanks to all for your help as well as guidance here. I can now see the light at the end of my PPR tunnel but still holding my breath considering how long it has taken so far.

Anyhow, does anybody has experience of dealing with VFS London? Wondering how long COPR takes after submission of required docs (I'm from visa exempt countries)?

Also, for extension of medicals, do we need to provide substantial reason or mere fact that they have taken bloody 9+ months to process is enough premise to request for one?
Congrats on your PPR.
Regarding medical, CIC asks you or decides to extend the medicals. you don't have a say in that decision

richa1987

Oct 26, 2018
@leka @Mr_nobody @tobs @cansha @richa1987 @ChiragShetty20 @ @Prashant86_2000 @linda85

Good news everyone. Quick re-cap. June AOR, FSW-Inland. File approved in November at Montreal office. No movement in my file after that at all.

I phoned IRCC on 5th March to ask for updates. They confirmed that file was approved and was not touched since November.

I (cheekily) e-mailed IRCC.PRA-RVPR.IRCC@cic.gc.ca on 18th March requesting for an interview, using the details of my COPR that was on my GCMS information. I did not have any formal communication of approval at this stage.

On 19th March (today), I phoned IRCC again. Agent was genuinely shocked that my file was approved in November. He noted that there was some movement in my file in the last couple of weeks since my last phone call to IRCC.

Suddenly, I received a landing interview letter today (19th March) from Etobicoke. The interview is next week.

Thanks for all the advice guys. Hoping for the best for everyone else waiting.

If you know that your file is approved, call the IRCC office by phone until you are able to speak to an agent. I think that is the best way to communicate with them after the file is approved. Call them once every two weeks or so. Raising a CSE at the post-approval stage seems to be ineffective.

Also, my online account still does not show any updates whatsoever.
Hey Congratulation @wiji !!! So Happy for you and I must say very nice handling of the situation. :)

actntrl

Jan 21, 2017
HI all,

CEC Inland, Ottawa here.

Just hit 9 months, no signs of anything. Calling IRCC Monday, and my GCMS are two weeks late. 6 weeks ago I was at RR Eligibility, but everything else was fine. My CRS was like 482.

My question: From experience, wouldn't they reject inadmissible applicants in the beginning stages/before AOR or Medical Passed? They even requested additional docs (university/criminal record) and it was all confirmed received and ok. Whats with June and this massive backlog??

My PGWP expires in July, so there is still time. I have a UK passport so I can enter Visa free. I don't work in Canada right now (live off passive income/interest) because I did not want to commit/register a corp here until I got PR.

Ive been in Canada 7 years, finished university here, consider it my home. This is disheartening but the group gives me home. Can anyone offer any insight?

draxxemsklounst

Star Member
Feb 8, 2019
My question: From experience, wouldn't they reject inadmissible applicants in the beginning stages/before AOR or Medical Passed?
Generally yes, but I have observed folks on here being rejected around the 6/7 month mark with a procedural fairness letter giving them a chance to rectify whatever the problem was. I doubt it would happen as late as 9 months but you never know what mischief IRCC might get up to next just to mess with us.

The more likely scenario is that your application will pass once an officer takes a look at it; sadly they just haven't yet and might not for a while. I'm in the same position, and from my readings here on the forum it seems that most RR applications tend to take between 10-13 months from AOR to be completed, with some unlucky souls having it drag on almost indefinitely (there are still people waiting in 2017 AOR threads). The sad reality is that these applications don't really take much more effort for IRCC to process than all the others, the actual time spent looking at the application is probably no more than an hour or two at most. The problem for us is that they cast them aside and don't look at them at all for months on end.

Hang in there.

Last edited:

Archavin89

Apr 8, 2018
That’s still a small number out of 800. And I have seen few people who got ppr but have not update immitracker from that 40 number.

I just wish you all get ppr soon.
I don t think is that small considering we r talking about ppl from june 2018 and we r almost starting 4th month of 2019 :(

Reactions: Ronja5200