+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2018 AOR - join here

jeremythanks2015

Star Member
Dec 3, 2018
Hi Guys, on GCMS notes I just received, all passed rather than 'security not started'. What is the timeline from here to PPR? I am 1st May 2018 AOR. 3rd Aug 2018 IP2.

richa1987

Oct 26, 2018
Hi Guys, on GCMS notes I just received, all passed rather than 'security not started'. What is the timeline from here to PPR? I am 1st May 2018 AOR. 3rd Aug 2018 IP2.
Actually, timelines are quite uncertain and no one can say it with complete confidence. If every things is passed then your application should be almost clear. Suggest to check if GCMS notes captured the final approval status as Approved else call CIC to check if the application is approved.

If nothing moves in few days after that then drop a mail to you Primary VO followed by CSE and let the cycle continue at a certain frequency.

actntrl

Jan 21, 2017
Generally yes, but I have observed folks on here being rejected around the 6/7 month mark with a procedural fairness letter giving them a chance to rectify whatever the problem was. I doubt it would happen as late as 9 months but you never know what mischief IRCC might get up to next just to mess with us.

The more likely scenario is that your application will pass once an officer takes a look at it; sadly they just haven't yet and might not for a while. I'm in the same position, and from my readings here on the forum it seems that most RR applications tend to take between 10-13 months from AOR to be completed, with some unlucky souls having it drag on almost indefinitely (there are still people waiting in 2017 AOR threads). The sad reality is that these applications don't really take much more effort for IRCC to process than all the others, the actual time spent looking at the application is probably no more than an hour or two at most. The problem for us is that they cast them aside and don't look at them at all for months on end.

Hang in there.
Did not know about the the existence of the PFL. This makes me feel a bit better. I knew something didn't add up when I had medical passed and they asked for all proof of no - criminal records a month after, and I thought i was gonna have a speedy application.

Thank you , and hope you get a positive result soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: draxxemsklounst

actntrl

Jan 21, 2017
Last ones left - roll call!

Been here in Canada 7 years thought theyd let me in easier.

June 23 AOR, CEC Inland.

GCMS notes are 2 weeks late, classic Canada. LETS DO THIS!

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr_nobody

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Generally yes, but I have observed folks on here being rejected around the 6/7 month mark with a procedural fairness letter giving them a chance to rectify whatever the problem was. I doubt it would happen as late as 9 months but you never know what mischief IRCC might get up to next just to mess with us.
Nice explanation but just to correct that it's not yet a rejection if you're given a Procedural fairness letter.

Reactions: actntrl

actntrl

Jan 21, 2017
What is the likelihood of an application getting rejected past the 9 month mark if everything is in order? Even so, we get a chance to rectify with PFL right? I consulted a immigration lawyer and she told me usually the latest for PFL rejection is around 6/7 months, while completely ineligible ones are rejected around 1-2 months.

In my case, they even asked for Proof of no Criminality 2 weeks after AOR (which for my country needs to be done after application has started). I ordered GCMS in Feb 7 but still nothing, but after looking at my application and showing it to others everything seems fine... Ive been in MEP, IP2 Since August maybe.

Judging by the posts, seems like June is clearing out, maybe there is hope for the last of us.

Hang in there!

meenal31

Star Member
Dec 29, 2017
Hi @tobs

I have received this reply from CIO in response to the case specific inquiry raised 3 weeks back. Even though I got a standard response from my CSE 5 days after I raised it but I got this response today.! Does it signifies anything ?

Good Day,
Your application is with our office and is currently in queue for review by an officer. You will be contacted further in due course.
Thank you for your continued patience.
D.A
Case Processing Agent - Centralized Intake Office, Centralized Network
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada / Government of Canada

Last edited:

draxxemsklounst

Star Member
Feb 8, 2019
Nice explanation but just to correct that it's not yet a rejection if you're given a Procedural fairness letter.
Well yes, you're technically correct that it's not officially recorded as a rejection at that stage, but it's the penultimate step towards a rejection. IRCC are stating that your application as it stands will be rejected should you fail to rectify whatever issue they have issued the PFL for.