+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2018 AOR - join here

w2binCa

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
I have the same status . Since have used a rep, I quizzed them about this. Here is what they had to say.

"We just attended a professional seminar on immigration and we received the latest updates. Many quotas are reached for the year and they will not be issuing more visas in those categories."
These are unofficial quotas however country quotas have got over for the larger contribution countries like China and India. Hence the possibility that they will not start security till Jan 19(when the new quotas come online) is large.
I don’t believe this is true. If you check the Imm Tracker you will see India and China applicants being approved last week.

NareshC

Oct 23, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
01-06-2018
AOR Received.
01-06-2018
Med's Done....
14-06-2018
I have the same status . Since have used a rep, I quizzed them about this. Here is what they had to say.

"We just attended a professional seminar on immigration and we received the latest updates. Many quotas are reached for the year and they will not be issuing more visas in those categories."
These are unofficial quotas however country quotas have got over for the larger contribution countries like China and India. Hence the possibility that they will not start security till Jan 19(when the new quotas come online) is large.
Yep I heard about quota before. However it seems illogical as people from sept getting ppr and us june and older candidates r still waiting. CIC also removed stat sata of how many copr issued for the month may and june from their site.they used to update it monthly.

Onion mim

Nov 5, 2018
Algeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
27-06-2018
Yep I heard about quota before. However it seems illogical as people from sept getting ppr and us june and older candidates r still waiting. CIC also removed stat sata of how many copr issued for the month may and june from their site.they used to update it monthly.
I'm suspecting technical issues, the reason for the Repetitive planned maintenance, also for the delays experienced by june applicants, I think that something gone wrong with our data or with their system

DanFariasM

Jul 9, 2018
Venezuela
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO / Mexico
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-06-2018
Med's Done....
22-06-2018
I would gladly resend every piece of paper I’ve sent already to sort their data issue :D

Also, it seems nonsense having a yearly quota and at the same time, keep raising the amount of ITAs

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
I would gladly resend every piece of paper I’ve sent already to sort their data issue :D

Also, it seems nonsense having a yearly quota and at the same time, keep raising the amount of ITAs
Also I guess if they really wanted to enact such a quota (if it exists ) better would be to apply at ITA stage rather than keeping candidates waiting and guessing post ITA. That’s cruel !!!

NareshC

Oct 23, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
01-06-2018
AOR Received.
01-06-2018
Med's Done....
14-06-2018
May and June data r back again. @cansha u r the right person to deal with these files:

Source Countries - Applications Received for Permanent Residency (in Persons) by Month:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/opendata-donneesouvertes/data/IRCC_M_OPS_SC_0001_E.xls

Source Countries - Authorizations and Visas Issued for Permanent Residents (in Persons) by Month:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/opendata-donneesouvertes/data/IRCC_M_OPS_SC_0002_E.xls

Operational Processing - Monthly IRCC Updates:
https://open.canada.ca/data/en/dataset/9b34e712-513f-44e9-babf-9df4f7256550

Onion mim

Nov 5, 2018
Algeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
27-06-2018

I wish I was a july applicant :confused:
May and June data r back again. @cansha u r the right person to deal with these files:

Source Countries - Applications Received for Permanent Residency (in Persons) by Month:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/opendata-donneesouvertes/data/IRCC_M_OPS_SC_0001_E.xls

Source Countries - Authorizations and Visas Issued for Permanent Residents (in Persons) by Month:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/opendata-donneesouvertes/data/IRCC_M_OPS_SC_0002_E.xls

Operational Processing - Monthly IRCC Updates:
https://open.canada.ca/data/en/dataset/9b34e712-513f-44e9-babf-9df4f7256550
Very interesting, data showing that ircc don't even reach half what they did the last year, this lift my spirits :)

tanzee

Star Member
Apr 18, 2016

Possibly- and yeah ethnic and cultural diversity is important to the Canadian government. But I think there might be other, more pressing factors, such as labor market needs!

Labor market needs put certain professions more in demand than others. Express entry is after all an economic immigration program! :O and it was instituted to strengthen Canada's workforce.

So, for example, if an LMIA shows that Canada needs more software engineers in the current economy, then software professionals might be likely to be processed quicker than others. My two cents ;)

There might also be quotas based on profession or qualifications- just based on the number of jobs that are projected in various fields. Again, these professional quotas may only exist for economic immigration programs like express entry. So that's my four cents now. :p

Last edited:
Reactions: NareshC and Y@$h

AB__IND

Star Member
Nov 18, 2018
My colleague with same work profile, same education background, similar travel history applied in July and received his PPR last week. Believe there are no patterns or sequence. If there were, I wonder what logic would explain him getting it earlier than a June applicant.

Reactions: bennylee

neninjemz

Oct 11, 2016
Hello people...so I am July 19th AOR,ip2Nov 8,I called cic (on tue,nov 20th)and spoke with an agent who said my app has been approved but has been sent to my local VO who will get in touch with me on how to send my passport...my app was approved in ottawa...pls has anybody encountered this before?

Ronja5200

Feb 21, 2018
Denmark
NOC Code......
Hello people...so I am July 19th AOR,ip2Nov 8,I called cic (on tue,nov 20th)and spoke with an agent who said my app has been approved but has been sent to my local VO who will get in touch with me on how to send my passport...my app was approved in ottawa...pls has anybody encountered this before?
Hi! Yes, if you read a few pages back in the thread, you'll see quite a few are experiencing the exact same thing right now. Seems all you can do is wait :)

Prashant86_2000

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2018
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
17-06-2018
Guys, quick question. How important is it to inform CIC about international travel post Application?

I had traveled for 15 days to US 3 months after my AoR, but haven't informed. Is that OK?

Y@$h

Nov 13, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-06-2018
Med's Done....
04-06-2018
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
25-09-2020
VISA ISSUED...
TBD
LANDED..........
TBD
For those who received PPRs - I’ve heard that the photograph specifications aren’t very straight forward, is that true?
Can someone plz copy-paste what you’ve seen about it? Also, where in US people usually get their photographs from? Do you click at home and get them printed some where? Or visiting studio is recommended?
I’m taking my PPR hopes to the next level and keeping everything ready :)

Reactions: dandangel