+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2018 AOR - join here

Ronja5200

Feb 21, 2018
Denmark
NOC Code......
My plans are in jeopardy as I had originally planned to move in December :S
Well that sucks. I too was convinced I would get PPR before long before the 6 months. Nearing that 6 months deadline makes me so anxious!! Feel like once you crossed that mark, it can take years :O I'm planning to move in April 2019. Hope you can alter your plans too if the PPR mail doesn't come in time. I'm sure it will though, your case is approved!! :)

shishirkona

Jul 20, 2018
Well that sucks. I too was convinced I would get PPR before long before the 6 months. Nearing that 6 months deadline makes me so anxious!! Feel like once you crossed that mark, it can take years :O I'm planning to move in April 2019. Hope you can alter your plans too if the PPR mail doesn't come in time. I'm sure it will though, your case is approved!! :)
Sitting on the approved file for more than 3 weeks and I am also dreading crossing the 6 month mark because after that it can take any amount of time... yes I am delaying my plans... putting them on hold for now :S

Reactions: Ronja5200

Jaywalker

May 8, 2018
I wonder if the workload is just huge for Ottawa and Sydney and they simultaneously are pressured to meet the 80 % within 6 months deadline. Perhaps that is why cases are approved and then not touched till last minute before the deadline is up, so they can work on the other cases that are nearing the deadline that are not yet approved. Seems very strange.
My case changed to ip2 on the 23rd of October and have Ottawa as a visa office, but have not heard a thing. 154 days and counting :)
Sorry- If the file is approved, then why wait till 6 months? If they are really worried about the 80% they would rather get those approved files cleared immediately so as to improve overall average?

Onion mim

Nov 5, 2018
Algeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
27-06-2018
Hello, I'm anxious because the review of the additional documents section is showing "Not Applicable" while no ADR was requested, this change occured just when I went to IP2, should I worry about that?
By the way, I've talked to an agent 3 days ago and she told that everything was looking to be OK, that eligibility and criminality were done and the security check started

Ronja5200

Feb 21, 2018
Denmark
NOC Code......
Sorry- If the file is approved, then why wait till 6 months? If they are really worried about the 80% they would rather get those approved files cleared immediately so as to improve overall average?
I don't know :) I just think it's really strange that there seems to be all these files that are approved, and no PPR mail. So I think there must be some work from approval to PPR mail that they are putting off. That's the only explanation I can think of. What do you think?

tanush14

Jun 13, 2018
I think processing time starts with R10 completeness and ends when a decision is made by an officer at CPC. Steps after a decision is made may altogether be a different set of process (such as communicating to applicant, stamping) as this involves different VOs.
Just a thought.

Micky345

Champion Member
Dec 2, 2017
I don't know :) I just think it's really strange that there seems to be all these files that are approved, and no PPR mail. So I think there must be some work from approval to PPR mail that they are putting off. That's the only explanation I can think of. What do you think?
According to me, last step after approval is to assign the applications to respective local offices from where ppr email will be triggered. That’s the only step pending and don’t know what’s taking so long for them to do that. There is a possibility they may want to release pprs in bulk but that’s an assumption which can be incorrect.

Ronja5200

Feb 21, 2018
Denmark
NOC Code......
According to me, last step after approval is to assign the applications to respective local offices from where ppr email will be triggered. That’s the only step pending and don’t know what’s taking so long for them to do that. There is a possibility they may want to release pprs in bulk but that’s an assumption which can be incorrect.
Okay, good to know. It's just so strange that it's taking weeks to do that last step. I'm hoping they have a strong motiviation to keep it within the six months timeline, and most will receive PPR just within the six months. I guess only time will tell :)

Reactions: tobs

Jaywalker

May 8, 2018
I think processing time starts with R10 completeness and ends when a decision is made by an officer at CPC. Steps after a decision is made may altogether be a different set of process (such as communicating to applicant, stamping) as this involves different VOs.
Just a thought.
Well - If thats the case then this whole 6 months and all would be farce

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Just a thought.
You’re correct that’s what IRCC says as well. They say “when final decision is made”. Hence all those files sitting at Sydney without a PPR email are going to be considered files in that 80% category irrespective of when they trigger a PPR mail.

ron_ad123

Star Member
Dec 16, 2014
I wonder if the workload is just huge for Ottawa and Sydney and they simultaneously are pressured to meet the 80 % within 6 months deadline. Perhaps that is why cases are approved and then not touched till last minute before the deadline is up, so they can work on the other cases that are nearing the deadline that are not yet approved. Seems very strange.
My case changed to ip2 on the 23rd of October and have Ottawa as a visa office, but have not heard a thing. 154 days and counting :)
With the new deadline to submit within 2months of receiving these ITA, the number of case submissions has surely got concentrated. Which basically pushed up the applications. However doubt if CIC had upped their resources to manage or handle the extra

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
With the new deadline to submit within 2months of receiving these ITA, the number of case submissions has surely got concentrated. Which basically pushed up the applications. However doubt if CIC had upped their resources to manage or handle the extra
They haven’t. That’s reflected in the fact that post September MEP status takes about 4 weeks to get updated which was about 12 days earlier. I think that is a pretty stark indicator.

Reactions: Y@$h and DanFariasM

Jaywalker

May 8, 2018
Good point - I also think that this is the reason that we are seeing a delay. The MEP timelines are a clear indicator of the increase in timelines. Also if you notice- For July the E-apr volume on immitracker are much higher and it maintains the trend. The 2 month deadline happened around this time.

Reactions: tobs and Ronja5200