FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
17-06-2018
I have the same timeline as yours. June 16 AOR, 25th Oct ip2, no ghost. I did send an email to Ralph on 14th November and his reply was Eligibility passed, Criminality passed on 24th Oct and security not started. Do you know about your security?
Nope...haven't called them, yet. Lately, everyone is getting unsatisfactory responses. So still waiting.

DanFariasM

Jul 9, 2018
Venezuela
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO / Mexico
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-06-2018
Med's Done....
22-06-2018
You’re correct that’s what IRCC says as well. They say “when final decision is made”. Hence all those files sitting at Sydney without a PPR email are going to be considered files in that 80% category irrespective of when they trigger a PPR mail.
Although our profile technically says “Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.”

Ronja5200

Feb 21, 2018
Denmark
NOC Code......
You’re correct that’s what IRCC says as well. They say “when final decision is made”. Hence all those files sitting at Sydney without a PPR email are going to be considered files in that 80% category irrespective of when they trigger a PPR mail.
Huh, that's interesting!! Then my theory doesn't make sense ;):rolleyes: I wonder why they don't just trigger the friggin E-mail then. Weird :p

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Huh, that's interesting!! Then my theory doesn't make sense ;):rolleyes: I wonder why they don't just trigger the friggin E-mail then. Weird :p
I have a theory for that :D

Three likely scenarios. Since the files were transferred to Sydney after final decision was taken and just for triggering email

1. Since the files came in later they are towards the end of stack / queue whoever is supposed to work on them. And possibly they don’t see it that they just need “push of the button” and no real work without opening the files.

2. They do know the files just need PPR email but they have been procrastinating on them since they are not part of the stats anymore for them and they want to process newer files to get to 80% for later months

3. June candidates were picked to test their patience to the hilt. Somehow they have looked at number of pages here and they want to know what are the limits our patience can be tested. :(

Reactions: bennylee and tanzee

Prashant86_2000

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2018
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
17-06-2018
Has anyone ever tried to match the trend with previous years?

Like W-o-W Nov/Dec 2016/17/18?

DanFariasM

Jul 9, 2018
Venezuela
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO / Mexico
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-06-2018
Med's Done....
22-06-2018

Three likely scenarios. Since the files were transferred to Sydney after final decision was taken and just for triggering email

1. Since the files came in later they are towards the end of stack / queue whoever is supposed to work on them. And possibly they don’t see it that they just need “push of the button” and no real work without opening the files.

2. They do know the files just need PPR email but they have been procrastinating on them since they are not part of the stats anymore for them and they want to process newer files to get to 80% for later months

3. June candidates were picked to test their patience to the hilt. Somehow they have looked at number of pages here and they want to know what are the limits our patience can be tested. :(
Mine was still ongoing, is at Sydney but not approved yet (at least last week)

Ronja5200

Feb 21, 2018
Denmark
NOC Code......

I think you're completely right on 1. and 2.! Do you have any idea what goes on between the application being approved and PPR mail being triggered? One would think it's no work, clicking a single button or something, but since it's taking a long time for some files to get PPR mail from approval, it indicates there must be more to it than that.

ron_ad123

Star Member
Dec 16, 2014
I have the same timeline as yours. June 16 AOR, 25th Oct ip2, no ghost. I did send an email to Ralph on 14th November and his reply was Eligibility passed, Criminality passed on 24th Oct and security not started. Do you know about your security?
I have the same status . Since have used a rep, I quizzed them about this. Here is what they had to say.

"We just attended a professional seminar on immigration and we received the latest updates. Many quotas are reached for the year and they will not be issuing more visas in those categories."
These are unofficial quotas however country quotas have got over for the larger contribution countries like China and India. Hence the possibility that they will not start security till Jan 19(when the new quotas come online) is large.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
I have the same status . Since have used a rep, I quizzed them about this. Here is what they had to say.

"We just attended a professional seminar on immigration and we received the latest updates. Many quotas are reached for the year and they will not be issuing more visas in those categories."
These are unofficial quotas however country quotas have got over for the larger contribution countries like China and India. Hence the possibility that they will not start security till Jan 19(when the new quotas come online) is large.
Wow this is the first time I’m reading something like this. My first reaction was your rep is full of sh**. But given the scenario who really knows. May be some unwritten convention. I just hope it isn’t true.

Reactions: tanzee

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
I think you're completely right on 1. and 2.! Do you have any idea what goes on between the application being approved and PPR mail being triggered? One would think it's no work, clicking a single button or something, but since it's taking a long time for some files to get PPR mail from approval, it indicates there must be more to it than that.
My best guess is there isn’t really much. And this is based on countless accounts of people receiving PPR within moments of getting to IP2. If there was really a “long process” that wouldn’t be possible. So it’s possibly more work than a single button click but highly highly unlikely that it’s so complicated that it couldn’t be done in 4 weeks after file approval. There is no explanation here other than procrastination on agent’s part and some hard luck on candidate’s part.

ron_ad123

Star Member
Dec 16, 2014
These are unwritten but real according to them. Only time will tell. What is however turing out true is the fact that it's taking longer and longer for case processing. They mention that many Inland cases they are handling have crossed 8 months.

ishangodbole

Feb 26, 2018
Wow this is the first time I’m reading something like this. My first reaction was your rep is full of sh**. But given the scenario who really knows. May be some unwritten convention. I just hope it isn’t true.
Although this could be true, I dont think CIC will admit it openly. Rep is bluffing IMO.

Reactions: Ronja5200