+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2018 AOR - join here

richa1987

Oct 26, 2018
Do you receive an ADR or do you submit the LOE voluntarily?
It's advisable to submit LOE at least with fund-related documents or if you think there is any discrepancy in your employment.
For example, I had submitted LOE for POF as well as education and employment reference letters.

Hope this helps. Cheers :)

Reactions: gubgub

vivyraj

Star Member
Oct 17, 2018
India
Category........
I also have similar plans. I am planning to move (along with my wife and kid) somewhere around the 3rd week of Feb. From what I have heard, it should be Okay to land in Winter as long as we have the right set of clothes for the winter.

ANH, it would be good to connect with you.
@prasannacl It will be my pleasure to connect & communicate. Yeah, I think the weather can still be taken care of with the right set of gear but then I was worried about the Hiring Period. Let's get in touch & probably row the same boat.

Reactions: prasannacl

Prashant86_2000

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2018
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
17-06-2018
Quick question to the forum members...

How is everyone planning on the Job and Stay?

I am assuming all of us would ideally fall in one of the below categories:

1. Have a job and is getting a transfer to Canadian office.
2. Already got a job in Canada that is not aligned to present job.
3. Looking for Job in Canada and have applied to a few but nothing substantial yet.
4. Do not have a job and prefer to go to Canada and Search.

I am in Category 3 myself. Am really keen to get a job before I start for Canada, that would be the most ideal situation.

Looking forward to hearing from everyone.

----------------------------------------------------

Also, I suggest let's put a Signature format with Basic details, that would help everyone get basic information on every post.

Prashant Rao | FSW-O | Dependent -1
Nationality - Indian | Residence - Indian
AOR - June 17, 2018 | Current Status - IP2 (October 25, 2018)

tanzee

Star Member
Apr 18, 2016
Hi Everyone!!

Just wanted to know what will be the best time to travel to CANADA with my wife?

1) Considering the weather.

2) Considering the job prospect.

Any suggestions and recommendations are highly welcome.

Edit:

We were actually planning to go by Feb end or March 1st Week.
Feb end through March first week seem reasonable. The spring and summer months (Feb through September) are the busiest in terms of hiring, finding a job, or graduating from university.

However, having lived in extreme weather for about 6 years now (4 years in Boston and 2 years in Toronto), the summer (June-September) is the best time to arrive.

First, you won't be dropped straight into the freeze that we experience in February.
Second, winter gear is very bulky and you want to avoid packing it- it will take up a lot of your luggage space.

I recommend using the summer months to arrive, get your bearings in Canada, and buy your cold weather gear, as it isn't just the cold that you need to protect against, but also high winds- conditions that are unique to the arctic/sub-arctic. So buy your winter gear in Canada/US.

A handy tip- Winter gear goes on clearance sale in the spring and summer months, and is much cheaper during this time.

Hope this helps! All the best as you prepare to arrive!
Cheers

prasannacl

Oct 29, 2018
Quick question to the forum members...

How is everyone planning on the Job and Stay?

I am assuming all of us would ideally fall in one of the below categories:

1. Have a job and is getting a transfer to Canadian office.
2. Already got a job in Canada that is not aligned to present job.
3. Looking for Job in Canada and have applied to a few but nothing substantial yet.
4. Do not have a job and prefer to go to Canada and Search.

I am in Category 3 myself. Am really keen to get a job before I start for Canada, that would be the most ideal situation.

Looking forward to hearing from everyone.

----------------------------------------------------

Also, I suggest let's put a Signature format with Basic details, that would help everyone get basic information on every post.

Prashant Rao | FSW-O | Dependent -1
Nationality - Indian | Residence - Indian
AOR - June 17, 2018 | Current Status - IP2 (October 25, 2018)
I am in Category 4. I don't intend to get a job offer before landing in Canada. I am trying to build few good contacts on LinkedIn & schedule a couple of interviews which I can give post landing. Employers in Canada may not be willing to give offer letters to someone who is not yet in Canada.

Reactions: Prashant86_2000

bammy007

Jul 11, 2018
Hi, please write back to them asking for an update. They generally reply on emails. Good Luck. Thanks
I mailed them and received this reply:
Hello,

We have not yet received your notes from IRCC. Since it is past the due date, we will contact IRCC and raise a query for the same. We will get in touch with you once we hear back from them. In the meantime, if we receive your notes, we will forward them to you as soon as we receive them.
Thanks for your patience!

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Had a call with CIC.
Good news : application approved
Bad news : he said I will get PPR official mail in another 2 months?! :confused::eek:o_O
My timeline
Fsw-O
Aor Jun 3
Ip1 Jun 15
IP2 Oct 15
Ghost Oct 18
Congratulations!! He can't tell you that mail will be sent out tomorrow. He is not authorized to do so ... so he will take an easy option of giving a longish timeline. BUT I think you may get your email in this week.

Micky345

Champion Member
Dec 2, 2017
Had a call with CIC.
Good news : application approved
Bad news : he said I will get PPR official mail in another 2 months?! :confused::eek:o_O
My timeline
Fsw-O
Aor Jun 3
Ip1 Jun 15
IP2 Oct 15
Ghost Oct 18
That’s just their way to communicate as they look at six months timeline. I am sure you will get your golden email this week itself.

Congratulations for the approval

vivyraj

Star Member
Oct 17, 2018
India
Category........
Feb end through March first week seem reasonable. The spring and summer months (Feb through September) are the busiest in terms of hiring, finding a job, or graduating from university.

However, having lived in extreme weather for about 6 years now (4 years in Boston and 2 years in Toronto), the summer (June-September) is the best time to arrive.

First, you won't be dropped straight into the freeze that we experience in February.
Second, winter gear is very bulky and you want to avoid packing it- it will take up a lot of your luggage space.

I recommend using the summer months to arrive, get your bearings in Canada, and buy your cold weather gear, as it isn't just the cold that you need to protect against, but also high winds- conditions that are unique to the arctic/sub-arctic. So buy your winter gear in Canada/US.

A handy tip- Winter gear goes on clearance sale in the spring and summer months, and is much cheaper during this time.

Hope this helps! All the best as you prepare to arrive!
Cheers
@tanzee That was really helpful & we are also planning to take the winter gear from CANADA as that would be more effective then from anywhere else. Thanks for the wishes.

About the hiring, now we will have to see how the destiny unfolds and as suggested by you we will try to land in the first week of MARCH.

Once again thanks for the beautiful info and keep helping :)

Reactions: tanzee

ujumash83

Oct 2, 2018
Visa Office......
Accra
AOR Received.
20-05-2018
Hey Guys, (If you think you have it bad... think again:()
I have been a silent reader for a week now. I want to use this medium to thank everyone for their contributions. Because without them, I would have sat back trusting CIC to process my application normally. For over 4 months, my medical exam has been under review! It was after I sent a mail to the Ghana visa office complaining about the stagnancy of the status in my account that I finally passed my medicals the next day.
So now, it seem i am just beginning my application since submission in May 2018!
I have a couple of questions. They are as follows:
  • After you get to IP1, on an average of how many days do you move to IP2?
  • Does your travel history affect the transition to IP2? In my case, I have only been to 4 countries within 10 years (Kenya, UAE-Dubai, USA and England) non exceeding 3 weeks stay.
  • Should I request for GCMS notes now? Or wait a while?
  • Does my processing time of 6 months start counting in May or in October? As I have only till the end of November (if I refer to my AOR May 20,2018). and
  • At what point does CIC request Biometrics?
Many Thanks!