+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2018 AOR - join here

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hey guys ,

I have a question about the work ex . My work ex is with the same company in India and US

I’ve held 4 different positions in it . Shall I add the job responsibilities of each role or just 7-8 responsibilities which covers everything ? Which is the best approach?

Also, shall i make separate entry in cic website for each designation or mention in one entry as it is all in the same company.
Rohit, I would suggest you to make 2 different letter of references one for your roles in India and the other for your roles in US.
With that being said, I would suggest for each role, highlight start date and end date followed by job responsibilities

in your online form, you should create separate entries for India and US role.
Lets say you started as a sales executive and subsequent promotion you grew up to Sales Manager role. Now these two roles usually have same NOC. For some of these scenarios you can keep 1 entry and in the job title you can mention Sales Executive further on to Regional Sales Manager. Start date and end have to be provide from the start date of the sales executive role and end date will be the one you finished your regional sales manager role.

This I mentioned from the way the my lawyer filled up my online application form.

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
@rohitpahwa

One of the things they will be doing is cross-reference the "duties/responsibilities" listed on your letter of reference, with the NOC-code that you entered. If that information is significantly mismatching, it's possible for them to reject that work experience. The best ways of doing this:
* One letter of reference, containing all positions you held, and for each of them seperately a list of duties/responsibilities
* Four different letter of references, one for each position​

I would discourage one letter of reference with a list of duties/responsibilities that cover everything, as it creates confusion and it creates extra work for the VO to match everything up. If two or more positions you held have the same NOC-code, you can probably just merge it together. In either case, you should have it listed when you started each position and where you were based (India/US)

northern sunshine

Mar 22, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
AOR Received.
12-06-2018
Med's Done....
02-06-2018
Passport Req..
26-07-2018
LANDED..........
23-02-2019
Hello Everyone,

My AOR date is June 23 and how long usually it takes to show up "Medical Passed" ?
Lately it seems to be 12-15 days, although some people take a little longer. Mine took 14 days.

Reactions: Ronja5200

northern sunshine

Mar 22, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
AOR Received.
12-06-2018
Med's Done....
02-06-2018
Passport Req..
26-07-2018
LANDED..........
23-02-2019
Do you mean calendar or business days? I submitted all my documents on June 29, so I'm trying to figure out what I can expect in terms of processing time :)
I'm just looking at immitracker, which is calendar days... but that's also a bit biased because I'm only looking at people who have already had their meds passed. I think the holiday did throw them off a bit, so AORs for the past couple weeks might take a little longer than usual to pass. I'm also wondering how the increase in applications is going to affect them as they continue to increase the number of ITAs per draw.

EbenGp

Jun 13, 2018
We submitted all our docs and paid today, from our local group the fastest it took for someone to get the golden email so far was 45 days, what do you guys think, will we get anything faster or do we wait 6 months?

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
We submitted all our docs and paid today, from our local group the fastest it took for someone to get the golden email so far was 45 days, what do you guys think, will we get anything faster or do we wait 6 months?
Ideal processing time is between 4-6 months.

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
I'm hoping for 3-4 months :) I think my application is pretty straightforward and I'm from a country that generally is considered to be very safe (no visa needed to visit Canada) - so I hope there won't be too much of a hold-up for them with assessing my application and doing the background check.

EbenGp

Jun 13, 2018
I'm hoping for 3-4 months :) I think my application is pretty straightforward and I'm from a country that generally is considered to be very safe (no visa needed to visit Canada) - so I hope there won't be too much of a hold-up for them with assessing my application and doing the background check.
Sounds good, hooefully it will go quicker!

Thay

Nov 14, 2016
I am looking at the trackers and some people are getting their PPR in about 30 days since AOR, others are waiting about 180 days though....

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
I am looking at the trackers and some people are getting their PPR in about 30 days since AOR, others are waiting about 180 days though....
I really wonder what the reason behind that is - certainly there must be a pattern here? Have these people visited unsafe countries, had to submit additional documents or submitted many reference letters/police certificates that each needed to be individually assessed, or something else?

I'm now about 6-7 days in since my Medical Exam was entered in eMedical - so I'm hoping at least to pass my Medical by the end of this month :)

macaly7

Jan 4, 2018
Category........
FSW
I wish we could just log in and see the GCMS notes. The status updates are so far and few. They also seem very inconsistent. I think this is actually more torturous than waiting on an ITA because at least you'd get 'updates' every 2-3 weeks.