+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2018 AOR - join here

vivyraj

Star Member
Oct 17, 2018
India
Category........
No buddy you said in your post don’t order gcms notes as it annoys them. And not in one but two posts. Don’t give information which doesn’t have any factual foundation. And when called out for it don’t give lame explanations that I dint say that when it is there for everyone to read.
Cool..
If you felt the facts & figures missing i am really sorry.
I have friends out there in the embassy who have guided me till here. So, I think i will follow them & their advice.

Thanks & Peace!

Reactions: Brian Noronha

takadashin

Jun 4, 2018
Hi All,
I just logged in my CIC Account and status is "Application/Profile Updated", but I didnt receive any email.
When I see the application details are as below:

BGC got updated to We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

But my doubt is Eligibility is still showing as "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information"

Is it normal? can someone pls advise... feeling tensed :(
Your case is exactly like me. You are in IP2 I guess. My account got updated on Oct 2 but no email received. Yesterday, I got my landing interview. I guess you are in a good position.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Cool..
If you felt the facts & figures missing i am really sorry.
I have friends out there in the embassy who have guided me till here. So, I think i will follow them & their advice.

Thanks & Peace!
Oh please did your friends in embassy tell you ordering GCMS notes annoys CIC?
You can follow anyone's guidance. I have no problem. I have clearly stated what my objection is to your post and you're avoiding addressing that.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Dear All
Hi All,
I just logged in my CIC Account and status is "Application/Profile Updated", but I didnt receive any email.
When I see the application details are as below:

BGC got updated to We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

But my doubt is Eligibility is still showing as "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information"

Is it normal? can someone pls advise... feeling tensed :(
You could be closer to PPR. The status of background check may stay same till you get your COPR. Nothing to be worried about.

tanush14

Jun 13, 2018
I haven’t dissed anyone’s post on this forum ever but I’ll make an exception here. THIS RIGHT HERE is the WORST advice ever. What is even the basis of such a statement? How do you know this? Please take some time and educate yourself how GCMS note generation.

I have no problem if you want to suggest to someone that they should not order notes. But I don’t see any reason why would you say that with this level of confidence of having intimate knowledge that it annoys them. That’s insane!
Completely agree with you here. GCMS is a system (Global Case Management System) where all the CIC officers need to put in their notes about each and every activity done during processing of an application. So these notes are already there and no one has to write them for you. Even Call center agents have access to the GCMS system and they also put in their notes if applicant calls to check status. Also, information provided through CSE inquiries are also are added to the file by Call Center Agents and they note it in GCMS notes.
However, generating GCMS notes and sending it to requester doesn't take any time and doesn't impacts application processing times in anyway. Please see screenshots from my GCMS notes to understand more.

It's better to not provide any information instead of providing wrong or misleading information. Let's try to help each other overcome this painful yet exciting wait.

Last edited:
Reactions: cansha

Triupati.balagi

Star Member
Aug 3, 2018
F
Again not true. GCMS note doesnt impact your processing in anyway, neither fastens nor slows it down
I was not talking about individual case . So many applicants are ordering notes and most of them from July and August who have not completed 3 months have ordered . My post was not only for June group . As per delhi vo the immigration officer informed me that Gcm notes waste their time so it should only be ordered after 5 months for its better implementation. And I never said that they sit and write notes . And also never told anyone that it slows the process.

tanush14

Jun 13, 2018
Oh please did your friends in embassy tell you ordering GCMS notes annoys CIC?
You can follow anyone's guidance. I have no problem. I have clearly stated what my objection is to your post and you're avoiding addressing that.
It reminds me of a guy in July AOR WhatsApp group who claimed that he lives in Ottawa and has close friends working in IRCC Ottawa office. He was providing wrong information most of the time to everyone and reacted very strange when I confronted him couple of times with facts & figures but never stopped, so I had to exit the group.

And the funny part is, he was a PR already and said that he is in all the whatsapp groups only to help people because he get information directly from IRCC office through his friends. I was like, seriously, IRCC officers are allowed to leak these details to anyone??o_Oo_O

Reactions: tobs and cansha

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
It reminds me of a guy in July AOR WhatsApp group who claimed that he lives in Ottawa and has close friends working in IRCC Ottawa office. He was providing wrong information most of the time to everyone and reacted very strange when I confronted him couple of times with facts & figures but never stopped, so I had to exit the group.

And the funny part is, he was a PR already and said that he is in all the whatsapp groups only to help people because he get information directly from IRCC office through his friends. I was like, seriously, IRCC officers are allowed to leak these details to anyone??o_Oo_O
Ha ha ha :D:D Good you quit that group.

Reactions: tanush14

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
F

I was not talking about individual case . So many applicants are ordering notes and most of them from July and August who have not completed 3 months have ordered . My post was not only for June group . As per delhi vo the immigration officer informed me that Gcm notes waste their time so it should only be ordered after 5 months for its better implementation. And I never said that they sit and write notes . And also never told anyone that it slows the process.
I understand your point, you actually have quoted us the statement of this officer from ndvo. But it is beyond my understandings, if they do not generate the notes and it does not slows the process down then how on earth it Waste their valuable time?? Surely this officer is bluffing.

Recently I read in news IRCC proudly announced that, they are the most accessed (information) government department.
It is separate department who deals with this access of information and it is confirmed by the twitt they replied. IRCC call center agents are also just customer care representatives who are not part of the application processing unite, so calling them doesn't affect the timeline either.

Reactions: cansha

Triupati.balagi

Star Member
Aug 3, 2018
I understand your point, you actually have quoted us the statement of this officer from ndvo. But it is beyond my understandings, if they do not generate the notes and it does not slows the process down then how on earth it Waste their valuable time?? Surely this officer is bluffing.

Recently I read in news IRCC proudly announced that, they are the most accessed (information) government department.
It is absolutelt separate department who deals with this access of information and it is confirmed by the twitt they replied. IRCC call center agents are also just customer care representatives who are not part of the application processing unite, so calling them doesn't affect the timeline either.
Calling is never an issue. You can call them as many times as you want. I was told only about Gcm by ndvo . Same thing my immigration consultant also repeated

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Calling is never an issue. You can call them as many times as you want. I was told only about Gcm by ndvo . Same thing my immigration consultant also repeated
I don't know why NDVO officer will tell you that. But, based on many posts on this forum my conclusion is that many immigration consultants don't know what they are talking about. I don't know yours and I understand this is gross generalization of all consultants. But in any case I don't trust any consultant says.