+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2018 AOR - join here

Sabariraj

Star Member
Jan 26, 2018
No, eligibility, security and criminal checks are done separately, and may be finished in any order. Background check is an umbrella term for security + criminal.
Thanks for the response.
I am also in the same timeline as you.
CEC Inland
ITA - Jun 13th
AOR - Jun 30th
MEP,IP1,IP2 - July 17th

sunil238

Star Member
May 7, 2018
I just spoke a CIC agent.. background check still not started..
She told me that my application was in Sydney VO, but has been transferred to Ottawa VO, and for any more details I would have to contact Ottawa VO directly..
Not sure how we can do that or if we should do that at all..I know they don't respond to emails unless our application is mode than 6months old..

Reactions: nishatmohamedfami

nishatmohamedfami

Star Member
Aug 4, 2018
She told me that my application was in Sydney VO, but has been transferred to Ottawa VO, and for any more details I would have to contact Ottawa VO directly..
Not sure how we can do that or if we should do that at all..I know they don't respond to emails unless our application is mode than 6months old..
mine is also in VO Ottawa.Aor -june 8 ...my IVR response signals an IP1...however i spoke to an agen today and said my background check is partially completed....he affirms it be on IP2

serene17

Star Member
Dec 7, 2017
For how many months was your passport valid from the day CIC asked for a renewed one ?
My AoR is 18th June and I've 7 months on my passport and I'm planning to renew it soon
Will changing my passport details have any impact on my application ?
Thanks
My passport was originally valid until January 6th, 2019 - so it had more than 6 months since my AOR (June 12 2009) but less than 6 months since I've received the request letter (July 14).

Reactions: sunil238

sunil238

Star Member
May 7, 2018
mine is also in VO Ottawa.Aor -june 8 ...my IVR response signals an IP1...however i spoke to an agen today and said my background check is partially completed....he affirms it be on IP2
Maybe mine would also start in the coming week... Anyways.. I should not be too hopeful for anything in August.. feels like September will bring some progress fr me..

Reactions: nishatmohamedfami

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
As long as file is within Canada they can access, agent might have been trying to tell you indirectly not to call repeatedly..how many times have you called so far for your application?

sunil238

Star Member
May 7, 2018
Hope you will get through this month though.. as bcg is already partially done.. all the best.. :)

sunil238

Star Member
May 7, 2018
As long as file is within Canada they can access, agent might have been trying to tell you indirectly not to call repeatedly..how many times have you called so far for your application?
This was the second time.. my application nearly 2 months old.. and my calls are separated by 15 days..
What u say still makes sense.. but I have had genuine queries each time though.. it's never been a call just for a status update..
Looks like the agent did not feel my query was genuine or serious enough to warrant a call..:(

Reactions: Y@$h

nishatmohamedfami

Star Member
Aug 4, 2018
Maybe mine would also start in the coming week... Anyways.. I should not be too hopeful for anything in August.. feels like September will bring some progress fr me..
august will bring the good news to you..dont worry....if i might ask y didnt you upload IELTS Test report at the time of submission??

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
This was the s cond time..
What u say makes sense.. but I have had genuine queries each time though.. it's never been a call just for a status update..
Looks like the agent did not feel my query was genuine or serious enough to warrant a call..:(
All calls are logged so they get to see if and how many times applicant has called before.

Not sure what your definition of genuine concern is but you get what I meant. Anything less than 6 months is not a considered a delayed decision.

sunil238

Star Member
May 7, 2018
All calls are logged so they get to see if and how many times applicant has called before.

Not sure what your definition of genuine concern is but you get what I meant. Anything less than 6 months is not a considered a delayed decision.
The first time I called.. on 31july.. it was regarding a doc that I had proactively uploaded through webfirm and had not received any update on it for nearly 3weeks.. anyways, that agent was very polite and helpful...

I called today as any update on that additional doc is still not there in my CIC account.. updates like doc is uploaded or being reviewed or anything is what I was expecting.. I just got a mail on 3rd August that the doc has been added to my account.. nothing more.

sunil238

Star Member
May 7, 2018
august will bring the good news to you..dont worry....if i might ask y didnt you upload IELTS Test report at the time of submission??
I had not uploaded both IELTS and Wes with my application is it was not asked for..
I later got an ADR for IELTS and uploaded it.. and then I realized maybe Wes would also be needed... So I uploaded Wes report through webform..