Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
25-09-2020
VISA ISSUED...
TBD
LANDED..........
TBD
Me and spouse are married in home country but not in US. So we filed as common law couple as we are in US but also attached home country's marriage certificate ... apparently its too much information and they want us to pick one either the married or common law
U mean your marital status was filled as “common law couple” and not “married” in your application? And with that, u had provided “marriage certificate”?

anupreetkaur

Apr 2, 2014
U mean your marital status was filled as “common law couple” and not “married” in your application? And with that, u had provided “marriage certificate”?
In US where we are currently residing, we never got around to registering our marriage from home country so we are refereed to as "Common-Law" as we reside together, have joint finances and have a kid. So we filed as Common Law .... mistake was sharing our marriage certificate

Last edited:

sunil238

Star Member
May 7, 2018
I last called CIC on 31st July and was told that eligibility is mit and BGC not started..

No update in account since then.. completed approx 45 days in IP1...

Do you think now is a good time to call again for an udpate? Or is it too soon and they will get irritated?

Reactions: jasonn

sunil238

Star Member
May 7, 2018
I last called CIC on 31st July and was told that eligibility is met and BGC not started..

Do you think now is a good time to call again for an udpate? Or is it too soon and they will get irritated?

jasonn

Star Member
Aug 9, 2018
Visa Office......
CPC-O Toronto
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
15-06-2018
I last called CIC on 31st July and was told that eligibility is mit and BGC not started..

we are almost on same timeline (few days apart), i wont until i cross 90 days mark on ip1 or order gcms note over a call

Anyways lets keep each other posted

nishatmohamedfami

Star Member
Aug 4, 2018
Hello guys.....This is something interesting.....I have an IRCC automated response-IVR that in my application,the background check has not started.It has been like this since past 3 weekss..so i am
technically stuck in IP1 ....Today I got to finally speak to the call centre agent after a long wait....
I was told that my Background check is partially completed and security and criminality check is remaining...He even told my application s in IP2 stage .My VO is Ottawa and it has been under review of Ottawa office since July 5th.

Contradictory responses from the same source.....is it usual.?....how long for the golden mail......shed some light guys....
I am a FSW-O applicant....AOR June 8th

Y@$h

Nov 13, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-06-2018
Med's Done....
04-06-2018
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
25-09-2020
VISA ISSUED...
TBD
LANDED..........
TBD
In US where we are currently residing, we never got around to registering our marriage from home country so we are refereed to as "Common-Law" as we reside together, have joint finances and have a kid. So we filed as Common Law .... mistake was sharing our marriage certificate
Thanks for clarifying. I asked that because we are also a couple who got married in India and living in US these years. We too provided our marriage certificate from India in Canada EE application, but I think we declared ourselves as "Married". I hope that should be OK.
On a side note, why do you need to register your home country marriage in USA?

thebestapplicant

Mar 26, 2017
Boston, MA
NOC Code......
I last called CIC on 31st July and was told that eligibility is met and BGC not started..

Does your online account state that you've met the eligibility requirements ?

Just asking for my own personal reference

Thanks

Y@$h

Nov 13, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-06-2018
Med's Done....
04-06-2018
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
25-09-2020
VISA ISSUED...
TBD
LANDED..........
TBD
Hello guys.....This is something interesting.....I have an IRCC automated response-IVR that in my application,the background check has not started.It has been like this since past 3 weekss..so i am
technically stuck in IP1 ....Today I got to finally speak to the call centre agent after a long wait....
I was told that my Background check is partially completed and security and criminality check is remaining...He even told my application s in IP2 stage .My VO is Ottawa and it has been under review of Ottawa office since July 5th.

Contradictory responses from the same source.....is it usual.?....how long for the golden mail......shed some light guys....
I am a FSW-O applicant....AOR June 8th
I talked to the agent yesterday and I was told that BGC = Criminality + Security. So its confusing that both security and criminality is remaining for you, but your BGC is still partially completed. Also, agents don't speak IP1/IP2 language, its invented for convenience by members of forums like this. On a side note, I feel agents are too bored to answer our questions on statuses. They have a quick glance at our case, and reply on a very high-level. Meaning - agent's status cannot be taken word-to-word (I may be wrong).

That being said, I sincerely pray that you get your PPR soon, I know the pain of this clueless waiting :)

naten

Feb 20, 2018
from what I see here and in the tracker as well.. IP1 takes much longer... as you said i guess many of the security are carried out in IP1.. I got a call to my office (to verify the job) within the first week of application before I passed my meds... so it looks like they started IP1 quite early incl some security checks.
Did you seriously get a call from IRCC?

serene17

Star Member
Dec 7, 2017
Hi all,

I need some advise, I have submitted my application for FSW-outland ( from the US) on June 12. I was asked for a renewed passport that I have submitted on July 20. I have passed my medical exam. I called CIC today and I was told that my eligibility requirement is "recommended pass" and that my background check wasn't started yet. My processing office is Ottawa.

My question is should I order GCMS notes or should I wait a little more.

thebestapplicant

Mar 26, 2017
Boston, MA
NOC Code......
Hi all,

I need some advise, I have submitted my application for FSW-outland ( from the US) on June 12. I was asked for a renewed passport that I have submitted on July 20. I have passed my medical exam. I called CIC today and I was told that my eligibility requirement is "recommended pass" and that my background check wasn't started yet. My processing office is Ottawa.

My question is should I order GCMS notes or should I wait a little more.
For how many months was your passport valid from the day CIC asked for a renewed one ?
My AoR is 18th June and I've 7 months on my passport and I'm planning to renew it soon
Will changing my passport details have any impact on my application ?
Thanks

Sabariraj

Star Member
Jan 26, 2018
Hello Guys,

Does it mean eligibility is recommended pass, if the application's background check is under process(IP2)?

Thanks in Advance

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
Hello Guys,

Does it mean eligibility is recommended pass, if the application's background check is under process(IP2)?

Thanks in Advance
No, eligibility, security and criminal checks are done separately, and may be finished in any order. Background check is an umbrella term for security + criminal.

Reactions: Sabariraj