+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2018 AOR - join here

RCV2015

Mar 25, 2019
Guys,

Things moved real quick for me post ppr.
Journey from Aor to ppr was more than 8 months, of which 3 months I waited only for my ppr email post approval.

Anyways, I landed within 2 weeks post ppr and 2 days after my copr.

Today I got job offer as well and I will be joining it on first of April.

If God or process takes something from you then I am sure it will be compensated with even better. Stay positive.

My friends who applied later than me but got ppr months before me are still struggling with job and other stuff.

Good luck everyone!
Poetic justice indeed

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
In fact all the details are with us but the representatives are the worst lot when a file takes a longer than ordinary span.
There was a warning from them not to contact the IRCC personally as it would be the violation of the agreement. They even go to the extent of saying that too many attempts can have a negative impact on processing. So holding on to the mantra of patience till a final decision is made.
The more posts I see on these threads the more I realize how awful some of these reps are. Fear is just merely a tool fro them to stop people from having info. In this way, they make sure that people are scared enough and they will go back to them all the time to pay money.
Anyways, don't listen to them. The call center agents, CSE agents, ATI officers and immigration officers are different people for different tasks. Contacting CIC for the update does not have any impact (positive or negative) on your application.

meany23

Star Member
Feb 8, 2019
Guys,

Journey from Aor to ppr was more than 8 months, of which 3 months I waited only for my ppr email post approval.

If God or process takes something from you then I am sure it will be compensated with even better. Stay positive.

My friends who applied later than me but got ppr months before me are still struggling with job and other stuff.

Good luck everyone!
It's a chain of course, end of one struggle is the beginning of next. Enjoy your list and share with us so we have it ready when we come to Canada :)
Congratulations on the New job!

phd208

Star Member
Jul 19, 2018
Brazil
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
09-07-2018
AOR Received.
18-06-2018
The more posts I see on these threads the more I realize how awful some of these reps are. Fear is just merely a tool fro them to stop people from having info. In this way, they make sure that people are scared enough and they will go back to them all the time to pay money.
Anyways, don't listen to them. The call center agents, CSE agents, ATI officers and immigration officers are different people for different tasks. Contacting CIC for the update does not have any impact (positive or negative) on your application.
What is even more annoying is that most of these consultants advertise that they know the "right way" for your application to be processed fast.

Prashant86_2000

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2018
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
17-06-2018
Guys,

Good luck everyone!
Congratulations mate!

overnight

Jun 19, 2018
@phd208 what is your application status? is it Review Required? You will be approaching 1 year mark, right? Sorry I may haven't followed your posts earlier i am asking based on your signature.

Reactions: phd208

Qbozz

Star Member
Jan 23, 2019
@phd208 what is your application status? is it Review Required? You will be approaching 1 year mark, right? Sorry I may haven't followed your posts earlier i am asking based on your signature.
We are on the same boat. I noticed I forgot to submit duties and later submitted them in February via CSE. File is in Sydney NS.

phd208

Star Member
Jul 19, 2018
Brazil
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
09-07-2018
AOR Received.
18-06-2018
No problem! Actually my AOR is 18 June 2018.

I was under Review Required for a brief period in early July 2018. They issued an ADR asking me to fill out a Schedule A form (which is basically a more detailed travel history and personal history) specifically for a particular period, I'm not sure why. I filled the form, uploaded it, and in just a couple of days my status under "Review of additional documents" went back to "Not applicable." The whole thing happened within a week.

Later on I ordered notes and could see that my Eligibility has been changed from "Review Required" to "Met". But not much changed after that, except for my Background Check, which started in 25 october 2018.

That was it!

Reactions: tobs

gau55555

Aug 6, 2018
Guys,

Good luck everyone!
Big congrats for the Job... Real fast indeed. Please refer me :)

arash2002

Star Member
Jan 9, 2019
So I was away from forum for 3 days and this thread had 150+ posts. It is by far the best thread on this forum and good to see people still so active.

I just wanted to give another update from my side. My PR card application got approved and my PR cards were delivered to my friend's address in Toronto on 21st March. I was lucky that my photos got accepted in the very first time. I was hoping for that as they really cost a lot.

The timeline is as follows:

Soft landed: 18 Feb 2018
Ghost update: 16 Mar 2019
Application Approved: 19 Mar 2019
PR card delivered: 21st March
Congratulations for closing this era of your life successfully. Sorry for late reply. I was on the new year holidays.

richa1987

Oct 26, 2018
Guys,

Good luck everyone!
That's awesome... Congratulations Mate!!!

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Guys,

Good luck everyone!
Congrats on the job. Guess our first meet up from this thread will be on you.

Axehere

Star Member
Feb 7, 2019
Hi guys,
Need some advice here..

How do I carry the money I intend to carry in to Canada while landing..
We are a family of 3 and believe I am allowed 19000 Canadian dollars..

1. What if I want to carry more?
2. Can i carry the stipulated amount in any other format other than cash?
3. What are my options to open a bank account and transfer the amount.. get a cheque book etc?
4. How are payments made for room rentals? Is cash accepted? Since we don't have a job yet and also no credit history in Canada?

Reactions: venkatesh87