@tahirnm - June 28, 2018 - Possibly in SS
@actntrl - June 23, 2018 - Eligibility RR, Security Not Started
@draxxemsklounst - June 17, 2018 - Eligibility RR
@Qbozz - June 11, 2018 - Eligibility RR
@ghost023 - June 19, 2018 - Criminality and Security In progress
@RCV2015 - June 11, 2018 - Medicals Passed
@ismseif - June 23, 2018 - Medicals Passed
@tottiren - June 30, 2018 - Security Screening[/QUOTE]
@Hemusharma51 -June 14, Eligibility RR (ITA score)

tahirnm

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
Hi guys,
Need some advice here..

How do I carry the money I intend to carry in to Canada while landing..
We are a family of 3 and believe I am allowed 19000 Canadian dollars..

1. What if I want to carry more?
2. Can i carry the stipulated amount in any other format other than cash?
3. What are my options to open a bank account and transfer the amount.. get a cheque book etc?
4. How are payments made for room rentals? Is cash accepted? Since we don't have a job yet and also no credit history in Canada?
1. You can carry more cash with you, just have to declare it.
2. I think so, not sure about this
3. All local banks have newcomer packages, some (TD) are even open late on weekends. takes half an hour and you go home with a debit card. probably dont need a cheque book here, but I think comes in a couple of weeks, never had to get one.
4. Once you have an account you can setup online email transfers, most people accept that. Doubt if cash would be accepted. You can use your debit card also. Suggest getting something on airbnb initially.

Reactions: meany23

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Hi guys,
Need some advice here..

How do I carry the money I intend to carry in to Canada while landing..
We are a family of 3 and believe I am allowed 19000 Canadian dollars..

1. What if I want to carry more?
2. Can i carry the stipulated amount in any other format other than cash?
3. What are my options to open a bank account and transfer the amount.. get a cheque book etc?
4. How are payments made for room rentals? Is cash accepted? Since we don't have a job yet and also no credit history in Canada?
1) I think you have to declare it. Search online you can find some info.
3) As long as you have some money with you, you can go to any bank and open chequing and/or saving accounts and get a debit card. The bank may also ask you why you have this much cash, but as long as you have declared it and you can prove that you just landed, this is for supporting you and your family, that should be alright. cheques are not that very well-know in Canada. Instead, you can use online transfer (E-transfer) to transfer money from one account to the other.
Also, you may need to get a credit card. For this one, it is different from bank to bank. They offer a wide variety of options. But, some banks don't give credit card easily. For that, bank will block some of your money and will give you the same amount credit. For example, if you allow the bank to block 1000$ of your money in your saving account, they will give you a credit card with 1000$ limit. This depends on the time and the plan. There are times that they don't ask this from students for example.
4) For rental, if it is from a big company, you can pay using debit card, a certified cheque, or pay online. Some of them have their own payee and you can add them in your online banking to pay the rent. But, if you rent from a person, sometimes, they ask for cash to avoid paying taxes!!!

Note that most big companies require a job offer or pay stub and will run a credit check to make sure you can pay your rent. If you don't have any credit history, or if you don't have a job, chances are that you cannot rent from those places. You have better chances with regular people who rent their own property.

Starfish11

Star Member
Nov 16, 2018
We was analyzing the tracker of June and the trend since January is almost 1 ppr after every 2 to 3 days and very rarely 1 ppr after 7days. Last ppr for June was on 21 Mar and days are passing quickly/painfully with no sign of ppr guys pray for eqea other as well.. hopes are high goodluck

Reactions: phd208

phd208

Star Member
Jul 19, 2018
Brazil
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
09-07-2018
AOR Received.
18-06-2018
We was analyzing the tracker of June and the trend since January is almost 1 ppr after every 2 to 3 days and very rarely 1 ppr after 7days. Last ppr for June was on 21 Mar and days are passing quickly/painfully with no sign of ppr guys pray for eqea other as well.. hopes are high goodluck
I also noticed this trend. And they have been increasing the pace by the end of the month. Let's hope we have a busy Friday

Tazzo

Star Member
Jan 11, 2019
Category........
AOR Received.
23-06-2018
Indeed. Apart from ourselves, we must pray for eachother as well. Each day is passing painfully.

Reactions: amisanghavi

sid1987

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19-06-2018
AOR Received.
19-06-2018
Passport Req..
25 -07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2018
LANDED..........
04-08-2018
1) I think you have to declare it. Search online you can find some info.
3) As long as you have some money with you, you can go to any bank and open a chequing and/or saving accounts and get a debit card. The bank may also ask you why you have this much cash, but as long as you have declared it and you can prove that you just landed, this is for supporting you and your family, that should be alright. cheques are not that very well-know in Canada. Instead, you can use online transfer (E-transfer) to transfer money from one account to the other.
Also, you may need to get a credit card. For this one, it is different from bank to bank. They offer a wide variety of options. But, some banks don't give credit card easily. For that, the bank will block some of your money and will give you the same amount credit. For example, if you allow the bank to block 1000$ of your money in your saving account, they will give you a credit card with a 1000$ limit. This depends on the time and the plan. There are times that they don't ask this from students for example.
4) For rental, if it is from a big company, you can pay using a debit card, a certified cheque, or pay online. Some of them have their own payee and you can add them in your online banking to pay the rent. But, if you rent from a person, sometimes, they ask for cash to avoid paying taxes!!!

Note that most big companies require a job offer or pay stub and will run a credit check to make sure you can pay your rent. If you don't have any credit history, or if you don't have a job, chances are that you cannot rent from those places. You have better chances with regular people who rent their own property.
hmm, about 85% of information is correct here.

1. Cheques are pretty well known in Canada. it's just not widely used... Govt still sends tax return as Cheque so.NO bank asks about money etc etc. It's not legal for banks to ask period. I can tell you this because i have moved enough money from US. its a pretty significant amount. Cheques are only pain because sometimes payment clearing takes time.
2. Most of Bank Chequing accounts are paid.. so do get full info
3. Credit Card, 1000$ for any new immigrant most of the banks are running this program. i prefer RBC. and TD after having accounts in RBC TD and Scotia.
4. Rental.. most of the companies will require job offer for sure .. Credit cheque does not matter as its a soft pull .. but job offer is a major factor here, same will go for people renting out. Most of the places will lock on a 12-month lease, so gauge accordingly.

RCV2015

Mar 25, 2019
The more posts I see on these threads the more I realize how awful some of these reps are. Fear is just merely a tool fro them to stop people from having info. In this way, they make sure that people are scared enough and they will go back to them all the time to pay money.
Anyways, don't listen to them. The call center agents, CSE agents, ATI officers and immigration officers are different people for different tasks. Contacting CIC for the update does not have any impact (positive or negative) on your application.
We agree completely with your observations. But it's a late realisation. If we knew that we could have applied individually most probably we would have come out of this tunnel much earlier.
The machine replies from CIC also aggravated the situation.
Anyway feeling assured that we may be finally given green signal towards the end of this long journey

Reactions: Mr_nobody

amisanghavi

Star Member
Dec 17, 2017
After waiting for 20 mins on phone and pressing many 1's and 2's they said that currently there is highly volume of calls and i can't be connected..tried again but same answer..
I think i should get a tourist visa for canada, go to ottawa office and handover them my file personally..may be then they might wake up..
i wonder if cic agents are actually even working also or their each day is a holiday..how could that not understand a simplest logic of FIFO system..
9 months and 1 week,they have not even started criminality..last due date on gcms was 5th jan 2019..

phd208

Star Member
Jul 19, 2018
Brazil
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
09-07-2018
AOR Received.
18-06-2018
After waiting for 20 mins on phone and pressing many 1's and 2's they said that currently there is highly volume of calls and i can't be connected..tried again but same answer..
I think i should get a tourist visa for canada, go to ottawa office and handover them my file personally..may be then they might wake up..
i wonder if cic agents are actually even working also or their each day is a holiday..how could that not understand a simplest logic of FIFO system..
9 months and 1 week,they have not even started criminality..last due date on gcms was 5th jan 2019..

I keep wondering whether they are on strike

ghost023

Star Member
Aug 3, 2018
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
just got the CBSA notes. It came as two pages of paper and a CD. Haven't gone in detail of CD, but the paper says "disclosed in part" with 13(1)a, 15(1), 16(1)c. Can anyone please advice if this indicates my file is under SS or not? Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

rohanid6

May 23, 2018
@tobs
I filled up the webform to inform the RPRF fee payment and also got a reply from their end stating that it has been forwarded to the authorities. But I don’t see this updated in when I login to view my submitted docs. Is this normal or they just update this?

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
@tobs
I filled up the webform to inform the RPRF fee payment and also got a reply from their end stating that it has been forwarded to the authorities. But I don’t see this updated in when I login to view my submitted docs. Is this normal or they just update this?
It won't show in your submitted documents.
Their reply shows it has been transmitted, that's what I received too.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
just got the CBSA notes. It came as two pages of paper and a CD. Haven't gone in detail of CD, but the paper says "disclosed in part" with 13(1)a, 15(1), 16(1)c. Can anyone please advice if this indicates my file is under SS or not? Thank you in advance.
@Mr_nobody ?