+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2014 Citizenship Application.

MBK2

May 2, 2013
My parents applied in June 2014
They got RQ and finally in September 9th (Dad) 15th (Mum) had their tests.
My dad is over 55 so only interview for him, and Mum had test and interview.
They were asked lots of questions that I didnt get asked when I got mine, but i didnt get RQ either. May be because they got RQ, they want to know more details. They also asked why they didnt apply together. But my dad's days were complete sooner so he applied weeks before my mum.

Anyway, no Oath date yet. Status still "In process"
What is the usual time for Mississauga office between Test and Oath? Is it longer for ppl who get RQ? 3/4 months?

pravinsubu

Jun 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Skhan123,

I just noticed that we got oath also on the same date: 2nd November !! Congrats !! :D

What time is your oath ?

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pravinsubu said:
Hi Skhan123,

I just noticed that we got oath also on the same date: 2nd November !! Congrats !! :D

What time is your oath ?
congraz!

omni222

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19 June 2014
AOR Received.
19 June 2015
omni222 said:
Hello,

I have my status like this, but dont know how long I have to wait . My status changed to "Decision Made" on 16 September 2015. And after that no changes at all.

Received your application for Canadian citizenship on June 19, 2014.
Correspondence acknowledging receipt and a study book called Discover Canada on June 19, 2014.
Started processing your application on August 15, 2014.
Citizenship test on June 3, 2015

RQ after Citizenship Test June 3 2015 (reasons: 453 days out of country but I maintained the 1095 days in the country)
Submitted RQ documents on June 29, 2015

Status changed to "Decision Made" September 16, 2015

Now I am confused what kind of decision made is this Oath / Refusal. The Citizenship officer told me on the test date interview that I will have to attend the Citizenship Judge for the final interview for the decision.

Can Anyone help me what would be the outcome if you have similar experience.

thank you

jhjeppe

Star Member
Jun 29, 2011
The Pas, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 August 2009
Doc's Request.
31 January 2010
AOR Received.
14 June 2010
Med's Request
5 October 2010
Med's Done....
12 October 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
5 October 2011
LANDED..........
20 May 2012
Update:

My Journey has come to an end with a very anticlimactic finish... LOL ;D

I wrote my Test on the 28th October: Test was really super easy, I got 19/20 for it... After I had my interview which lasted about 10 minutes and then it was over. The officer noted that I was unemployed for 14 months and just asked what I was doing during this time (I never had an rq), I was honest and straight forward and then he said that he didn't have any concerns...

I took the Oath the very next day on the 29th of October: The thing that took the longest was standing in line to check in... about an hour and a half since there was 89 people taking the oath that morning. after which, we all went to the gymnasium and there were all the school kids and some officials from the town, the judge did a speech, we took the oath, we received our certificates, I shed a few tears and then the kids put on a little play about Canada's history. We had a few aboriginal dancers come in and do a little show, the judge shared some of the people's stories (including my own) and I met two other families from South Africa!

All in all, it was an amazing day with an abrupt end... a feeling of "what do I do now?" came over me...

They gave us all cultural access passes and asked that we wait 7 to 10 business days before applying for passports.

My Timeline is below:

- Application received: 23rd June 2014
- Application in process: 15th August 2014
- Called for test: 28th October 2015
- Called for Oath 29th October 2015

No additional documentation was ever requested.

I got my MP involved about 6 weeks ago because it was taking forever, 4 weeks later, BOOM! Both invites came through (by email and later by mail) on the same day!

It has been quite a journey and I want to thank everyone on this forum for their help, advice and support over the years... but If I never have to deal with CIC again, it would be too soon! LOL

djsunman

Star Member
Jan 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats buddy

jhjeppe said:
Update:

I wrote my Test on the 28th October: Test was really super easy, I got 19/20 for it... After I had my interview which lasted about 10 minutes and then it was over. The officer noted that I was unemployed for 14 months and just asked what I was doing during this time (I never had an rq), I was honest and straight forward and then he said that he didn't have any concerns...

I took the Oath the very next day on the 29th of October: The thing that took the longest was standing in line to check in... about an hour and a half since there was 89 people taking the oath that morning. after which, we all went to the gymnasium and there were all the school kids and some officials from the town, the judge did a speech, we took the oath, we received our certificates, I shed a few tears and then the kids put on a little play about Canada's history. We had a few aboriginal dancers come in and do a little show, the judge shared some of the people's stories (including my own) and I met two other families from South Africa!

All in all, it was an amazing day with an abrupt end... a feeling of "what do I do now?" came over me...

They gave us all cultural access passes and asked that we wait 7 to 10 business days before applying for passports.

My Timeline is below:

I got my MP involved about 6 weeks ago because it was taking forever, 4 weeks later, BOOM! Both invites came through (by email and later by mail) on the same day!

It has been quite a journey and I want to thank everyone on this forum for their help, advice and support over the years... but If I never have to deal with CIC again, it would be too soon! LOL

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
jhjeppe said:
Update:

My Timeline is below:

Congrats

omni222

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19 June 2014
AOR Received.
19 June 2015
My status changed to "Decision Made" on 16 September 2015. And after that no changes at all.

Received your application for Canadian citizenship on June 19, 2014.
Correspondence acknowledging receipt and a study book called Discover Canada on June 19, 2014.
Started processing your application on August 15, 2014.
Citizenship test on June 3, 2015

RQ after Citizenship Test June 3 2015

Sent RQ documents on June 2015

STILL WAITING >>>>>

omni222

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19 June 2014
AOR Received.
19 June 2015
CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW LONG i HAVE TO WAIT

yuomap1120

May 3, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks everyone!
Took my test last October 29..
Decision made November 5..
Received today: Notice to appear and take the oath on November 25..

krohmal

Star Member
Jun 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
omni222 said:
CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW LONG i HAVE TO WAIT

I would recommend to get ATIP notes and check the oath deadline. In my case it's December 2015. If it's overdue, write a letter to MP which represents your location area, and ask him/her to help with resolving this issue, otherwise - wait until deadline.

krohmal

Star Member
Jun 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yuomap1120 said:
Thanks everyone!
Took my test last October 29..
Decision made November 5..
Received today: Notice to appear and take the oath on November 25..
Congratulations!!! was it a family/single application?